+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Blackhole

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Is it normal that a website outage/maintenance would result in a batch of PR releases? Wondering why that would be...
I agree that it does not sound normal, but based on immitracker tables, several PR emails have been sent right after most of the previous CIC's maintenance outages ---- (for sure there have been cases that nothing significant happened as well, that's why I was hoping something will happen haha).

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
So the agent I spoke to on Friday, sent a remainder and I got a response today(yes, super fast) that my application is in queue for final review.

Now I am not sure how long I will be in that queue :)

This is the first positive update I have received since I learnt on May 9th that my eligibility was recommended pass :)

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Is it normal that a website outage/maintenance would result in a batch of PR releases? Wondering why that would be...
We're like prehistoric people here - have no idea about the nature of things but try to find correlation between everything. I think once Ottawa or some other VO released a huge batch of PPRs during the maintenance process (and it was just a coincidence), so now people want to believe that there is some connection between these to unrelated things :)

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
So the agent I spoke to on Friday, sent a remainder and I got a response today(yes, super fast) that my application is in queue for final review.

Now I am not sure how long I will be in that queue :)

This is the first positive update I have received since I learnt on May 9th that my eligibility was recommended pass :)
Sounds like you've passed all the stages! Fingers crossed!

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
The unfortunate reality is that such a situation can go on as long as the agent wants. The only comfort is that the agents do want to get old cases off their list eventually, and although some people's applications can take crazy amounts of time (like 18 months or more), it is extremely unlikely that we will be in that situation, even accounting for the fact we are all still waiting at ~8 months. Statistics suggest about 75% of us who are still waiting at 8 months will have PPR by 10 months.
From what I've observed, as long as cases are not marked for RR or SS, then most of them are cleared by 10 months.

The average processing time now is around 9-10 months :)

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
The agent said the officer is waiting for BG checks to complete before he can make a decision. So I guess the checks are finally complete!!

Let's see how much longer this wait takes :)
Hmmm, it means that security is now in progress probably. As soon as CBSA finalizes a report, the officer will be able to make a final decision. Let's hope that it will happen soon!

Reactions: SithLord

Navi0007

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Please advise.my application is under review and the agent said unfortunately he can't tell the processing time. What it means. What it is under review.

Godsgrace1989

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Please advise.my application is under review and the agent said unfortunately he can't tell the processing time. What it means. What it is under review.
Its normal review
I dont think so there is anything to worry about stay positive they are just taking time
What about your background check?

Naruto_Uzumaki

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
I called IRCC last night. My previous call to IRCC was a month back. The agent I spoke to previously told me that she sent a reminder to the officer and asked me to call back after a month. When I called IRCC last night, the agent told me that although the reminder was sent to the officer a month back there was no response from the officer and therefore, she sent a reminder again to the officer and guess what folks, my application has finally moved to IP2 this morning. Yayyyyyy. I am so thankful to the agent for reminding the officer and also to the officer for acting swiftly after seeing the reminder. lm1010 Call IRCC once buddy and ask for an update. You never know, the officer might show some mercy on us. I wish all of us good luck :)

Last edited:

lm1010

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Med's Done....
31-02-2018
I called IRCC last night. My last call to IRCC was a month back. The agent I spoke to the last time told me that she sent a reminder to the officer and asked me to call back after a month. When I called IRCC last night, the agent told me that although the reminder was sent to the officer a month back there was no response from the officer and therefore, she sent a reminder again to the officer and guess what folks, my application has finally moved to IP2 this morning. Yayyyyyy. I am so thankful to the agent for reminding the officer and also to the officer for acting swiftly after seeing the reminder. lm1010 Call IRCC once buddy and ask for an update. You never know, the officer might show some mercy on us. I wish all of us good luck :)
Omg! Congratulations! So good to hear that. Progress is progress. Will surely call and see what happens!

Reactions: Naruto_Uzumaki

bornloser113

Jan 11, 2019
get gcms immediately and take action...i made a mistake of not ordering after 6 months and here i am with RR in job section...they cant confirm my job and even my noc is inconsistent with duties...i am basically on verge of rejection..dont make the same mistake...send required document via webform

karishmar

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12/10/2018
Med's Done....
10/11/2018
Hi Guys,,

Feels surreal while I write this.

I received my PPR. I still can't believe it is in my inbox.

I have no words to thank this for group the amount of help, motivation and moral support that's been given to me.

Just want to tell you all that PPR s have started rolling out and hope each and every one of you gets yours ! Cheers and many many many thanks