+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Thanks for the link. I am still new and not understanding what the acronyms CEC, FSW, etc are.

Also, the tracker doesn't show when their PPR was approved which can help me understand the total time take from AOR. Maybe I am not reading it the right way being new.
The terms CEC and FSW are Canadian Experienced Class and Federal Skilled Workers. You would know which Express Entry program you have applied under.

Express Entry is an online system that we use to manage applications for permanent residence for 3 programs:

• Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program
  • Canadian Experience Class

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Thanks for the link. I am still new and not understanding what the acronyms CEC, FSW, etc are.

Also, the tracker doesn't show when their PPR was approved which can help me understand the total time take from AOR. Maybe I am not reading it the right way being new.
Also in that tracker, if you scroll all the way to the right, you will see the PPR date. Just go to your AOR dates and see if anybody has PPR received, and then scroll to the right to see the dates.

I hope that would help.

roman2023

Dec 12, 2018
I ordered my GCMS notes.
AOR 21 Oct
FSW-Inland
Applicant + 2 dependents
Med passed 21 Nov
IP2 26 Nov

The notes show strangely that they have transferred my file from CPC-Ottawa to CPC-Montreal for “workload redistribution” on 03 Jan 2019. No movements after that. My GCMS notes were generated on 21 Jan.

Also, the notes say Eligibility and Criminality not started yet at some places but in other places it says RCMP NRT.

Does anybody know how slow or fast CPC-Montreal is?

4 months post AOR, and it’s just a horribly long wait when I already had IP2 in a month.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Hi, your notes are very similar to mine also generated on Jan 21st.

RCMP is done as part of R10, at least that's where I see it being mentioned.
My criminality is showing as in progress, bit nothing really done since R10 on Nov 30th .
You probably also saw that you info sharing is complete?

roman2023

Dec 12, 2018

My criminality is showing as in progress, bit nothing really done since R10 on Nov 30th .
Yes R10 cleared. Criminality in progress, Eligibility and security not started. Plus I am reading on other topics CPC Montreal is pathetic.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Yes R10 cleared. Criminality in progress, Eligibility and security not started. Plus I am reading on other topics CPC Montreal is pathetic.
I hear you. My criminality is in progress since Nov 30 and that was also the day my R10 was completed. No one opened the application since, and it's been bouncing from Vancouver to Calgary back to Vancouver back to Calgary...and I cant see any action initiated like reviews...

We just need to stay patient and hope for the best :)

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019

RCMP is part of the criminality check, which is part of the background check.
R10
Then criminality
Then eligibility A11.2
Then security
Then all together reviewed and approved

Last edited:

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
I'm sure it was a rare case but it still hurt. A lot.
Application was rejected in the following grounds:
One of my work experience letters didn't describe my job duties, as required by NOC. Consequently, that portion of my work experien was deemed ineligible to be counted towards my one year of Canadian experience.
So that meant I was no longer eligible for PR.

Oddly, when my file was rejected, I had accumulated 26 months of Canadian experience (10 months that didn't get counted due to my error + 6 months via job 2 (this is when I applied) + 10 months from job 3). But that minor mistake cost be dearly.
Can’t you check the thread with rejection and see if this can be rectified? I’ve seen people open a case and submit the correct documentation even if the application was rejected.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
RCMP is part of the criminality check, which is part of the background check.
R10
Then criminality
Then eligibility A11.2
Then security
Then all together reviewed and approved

In my notes RCMP is under R10, right after verifying my Education, and that's the only place they mention it.

Akash.Bajaj

Apr 30, 2018
I have been waiting after MEP since too long now. PFB the details:

AOR : 7th October (4.5 months)
MEP : 7th November (3.5 months)

I called in around 10 days ago and was told that the security, criminality and eligibility etc. checks have not been completed yet. They also mentioned that my VO is Montreal.

Could someone please comment on whether this is normal and if other also went through this. If yes, what was the outcome? And how soon did they get their PR?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I ordered my GCMS notes.
AOR 21 Oct
FSW-Inland
Applicant + 2 dependents
Med passed 21 Nov
IP2 26 Nov

The notes show strangely that they have transferred my file from CPC-Ottawa to CPC-Montreal for “workload redistribution” on 03 Jan 2019. No movements after that. My GCMS notes were generated on 21 Jan.

Also, the notes say Eligibility and Criminality not started yet at some places but in other places it says RCMP NRT.

4 months post AOR, and it’s just a horribly long wait when I already had IP2 in a month.
There is a separate Montreal thread, you may want to join that. Given your AOR and current trends at Montreal you may not hear anything till end of April unless there is a drastic change in processing times at Montreal. Montreal is processing late July / early August candidates right now.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have been waiting after MEP since too long now. PFB the details:

AOR : 7th October (4.5 months)
MEP : 7th November (3.5 months)

I called in around 10 days ago and was told that the security, criminality and eligibility etc. checks have not been completed yet. They also mentioned that my VO is Montreal.

Could someone please comment on whether this is normal and if other also went through this. If yes, what was the outcome? And how soon did they get their PR?
So if you are at Montreal your wait is going to be longer. At least till April. There is a separate Montreal thread join that.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
October folks - Many of you have already completed 4 months and few will be completing 4 months soon. If you haven't seen any update in your profile online and you don't know status of your eligibility to be Passed / Recommended Passed - Please order GCMS notes.
This is the right time to order notes. Do yourself a favor and do not wait any longer. At the worst you may get your PPR before your notes.

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
October folks - Many of you have already completed 4 months and few will be completing 4 months soon. If you haven't seen any update in your profile online and you don't know status of your eligibility to be Passed / Recommended Passed - Please order GCMS notes.
This is the right time to order notes. Do yourself a favor and do not wait any longer. At the worst you may get your PPR before your notes.

For those of us out side Canada ...how do we order GCMS note ...and again what and what do we need to get this done ...and the cost as well?kindly plz reply ..thanks

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
I ordered my GCMS notes.
AOR 21 Oct
FSW-Inland
Applicant + 2 dependents
Med passed 21 Nov
IP2 26 Nov

there is a separate thread for all montreal applicants, may be you will get some information there.