+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
GOT A CALL FROM CIC LAST WEEK,WONDERING IF ANYONE RECEIVED CALL FROM CIC FEW WEEKS OR FEW DAYS TO YOUR OATH CEREMONY NOT TO COME FOR THE CEREMONY BECAUSE THEY MADE A MISTAKE OR ERROR SENDING YOU THE OATH LETTER BEFORE YOUR CLEARANCE CAME THROUGH,THAT YOUR CLEARANCE IS NOT CLEAR YET THEY WILL RESCHEDULE YOU FOR ANOTHER CEREMONY ONCE ALL CLEARANCES ARE VALID.
JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE IF THE SAME SITUATION AND STILL GET ANOTHER OATH LETTER AFTER FEW MONTHS. HOW COME CIC WILL BE DOING SUCH MISTAKES?
THANKS GUY.
(Would help to turn off the all caps.)

IRCC will on occasion telephone applicants or candidates. So this may be legitimate.

But it might not be legitimate. (Unfortunately there are scammers whose agenda is little more than mischief; while there have not been a lot of reports of phony IRCC calls lately, there have been times in the past during which there was quite a lot of this.)

Thus, I would be sure, absolutely sure, to verify that you are no longer scheduled for the oath. That is, make sure to verify that this was indeed a legitimate call from IRCC.

At the least call the IRCC help centre, which can require a concerted effort to get through, and be sure the call centre representative checks your personal records to verify whether you are scheduled for the oath or not.

If there is any doubt at all, SHOW UP for the oath. You do not want to miss a scheduled oath even if you have a very good reason.

All that said, it is possible that the call was legitimate and that IRCC scheduled oath ceremonies in anticipation of timely receiving clearances, but for whatever reason the clearances are not yet available. There are some indications that IRCC has been rushing to complete applications this year, perhaps in anticipation of the rush of new applications when the new rules take effect, so this sort of mix-up would not be surprising. Nonetheless, best to absolutely verify the call was legitimate and if there is any doubt, best to show up just in case.

mkaouk

Jul 7, 2017
Hi all,
My status is always in process since i took my exam and did my interview in december.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 7, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 26, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on October 28, 2016.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 17, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 13, 2016 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

when i call they always tell me it is still in security check.

i do have my nexus so government already have my fingerprints and eye scan.

The only thing that worries me is that i travel a lot due to my job nature, so i've been to more then 20 countries in americas/europe and middle east.

any thoughts on my status? is it is still within the normal process? as i hear a lot about people taking citizenship in 3 and 4 months.

i do appreciate any response or suggestion.

regards,
MK

saedcanada

Mar 27, 2017
Hi all,
My status is always in process since i took my exam and did my interview in december.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 7, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 26, 2016.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 17, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 13, 2016 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

The only thing that worries me is that i travel a lot due to my job nature, so i've been to more then 20 countries in americas/europe and middle east.

any thoughts on my status? is it is still within the normal process? as i hear a lot about people taking citizenship in 3 and 4 months.

regards,
MK
I dont think you need to worry. Processing time vary from one officer to another also by location. My wife application is still in Process since December and most of the applicants with her already had their ceremony scheduled. but if there is something wrong you will know. no news is good news.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Hi all,

regards,
MK
I am June-2016 applicant and waiting for oath and also I travel too much 2 expired and 1 valid passports all full with visa and exit entry stamps
may be middle east stamps could be reason of our delay.

I ask from call center several time always same reply security check is pending went to MP and got ATIP reports 3 times but no use of all efforts we have to pay the price of middle east work visas.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Hi all,

regards,
MK
Hi,

Sorry to hear, I am in same situation since November.

Can you please update your timeline for benefit of all

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=593227442

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am June-2016 applicant and waiting for oath and also I travel too much 2 expired and 1 valid passports all full with visa and exit entry stamps
may be middle east stamps could be reason of our delay.

I ask from call center several time always same reply security check is pending went to MP and got ATIP reports 3 times but no use of all efforts we have to pay the price of middle east work visas.
Hi,

Sorry to hear, I am in same situation since November.

Can you please update your timeline for benefit of all

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=593227442

mkaouk

Jul 7, 2017
i got my decision made today....

Appl. Sent: SETP 25, 2016
Appl. Delivered: SEPT 28, 2016
Appl. Received: OCT 7, 2016
AOR Email : OCT 26, 2016
eCas - In Process: OCT 28, 2016
Test Invite : NOV 17, 2016
Test Date : DEC 13, 2016
Decision Made: july 25 2017

.Steve