+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Fochi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
a printed letter by mail and it appears in the eCAS.

tmota said:
November applicant here, just a quick question to you guys:

In what form does the test invite arrives? Do we get an email like the AOR, does it appears in the eCAS, is it a printed letter? ::) Just want to know what to look for.

Thanks

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Hi Guys,

Do you know a good website to practice for the citizenship test? I read the booklet but it has too many details!!

Thanks and wish me good luck on Thursday :)

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonymiz said:
Hi Guys,

Do you know a good website to practice for the citizenship test? I read the booklet but it has too many details!!

For some reason the forum won't let me post links. But search Google for "citizenship test" and it will show you several options. The Richmond Public Library has an extensive test. There's also a website called Citizenship Counts - citizenshipcounts dot ca. I have no information on how the questions on those sites relate to the real test, though.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
tmota said:
For some reason the forum won't let me post links. But search Google for "citizenship test" and it will show you several options. The Richmond Public Library has an extensive test. There's also a website called Citizenship Counts - citizenshipcounts dot ca. I have no information on how the questions on those sites relate to the real test, though.
Thank you Tmota. I will check them!

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
One more question :), my test time is at 1 pm, how early I should be there? do they let you in right away?

Thanks!

canadavan

Sep 8, 2016
:(still no updated for my application. It shows in process since oct24, almost 1.5 months. Is this already pass the normal process time. Can I call the Cic for the status, please advice. Thanks guys

rachel07

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
canadavan said:
:(still no updated for my application. It shows in process since oct24, almost 1.5 months. Is this already pass the normal process time. Can I call the Cic for the status, please advice. Thanks guys
Yeah ...1.5 months a lot of time ...dont think IRCC can do anything ..since the file is with local office now...you can then too try to see what they say ...

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonymiz said:
Hi Guys,

tony.. u can see differnt links in ADDITIONAL HELP.. sheet in our timeline sheet..
hope it helps

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavan said:
we have almost the same timeline...

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
rachel07 said:
Yeah ...1.5 months a lot of time ...dont think IRCC can do anything ..since the file is with local office now...you can then too try to see what they say ...
What do you mean by "File is in Local Office" ? Isn't this done or processed in NS? I'm just concerned because my mail address and my residential address are different provinces. I wonder what my local office will be? I guess where my residence is, but also is a temporary residence since I'm only in this last one for school.

rachel07

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
jjedm said:
What do you mean by "File is in Local Office" ? Isn't this done or processed in NS? I'm just concerned because my mail address and my residential address are different provinces. I wonder what my local office will be? I guess where my residence is, but also is a temporary residence since I'm only in this last one for school.
as per my understanding once the file is in process that means the file is transfered and is being looked after by the local citizenship office ..in my case it is mississauga ..you can call up IRCC to check where the file is sent that they can definitely let you know ...

hope it helps!