+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
KrisinNS said:
Based on the experiences of several September applicants, who just like you, were told that their application was lost or being returned, and ended up getting email AORs in the last two weeks, I would recommend that you wait a few more days, maybe until mid-January before you resend an application. You could also search on the message boards and see how to send a case specific enquiry, or email CIC to get detailed information. My guess is, due to the holidays, you may have to wait until January.
Thanks for the info - in those cases did they also claim they were processing files past the date they received their file ?

I guess I'll wait - not in a big hurry just want the ball to start rolling :)

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
johoja said:
Thanks for the info - in those cases did they also claim they were processing files past the date they received their file ?

I guess I'll wait - not in a big hurry just want the ball to start rolling :)
Yes, I believe so. They had already started processing October applications, and these September guys had not heard anything. (You can check out their messages of frustration in the September 2014 thread, which later on turned into messages of relief) :)

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
KrisinNS said:
Yes, I believe so. They had already started processing October applications, and these September guys had not heard anything. (You can check out their messages of frustration in the September 2014 thread, which later on turned into messages of relief) :)
Haha - well that gives me hope - I'll wait and see what happens.

rednwhite

Sep 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an AOR along with the study guide in the mail today. In the letter only my spouse's name and client ID are mentioned. However it says the letter is to acknowledge receipt of 2 adult applications. I just wanted to know if this is it or should I expect another AOR for me.

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rednwhite said:
I got an AOR along with the study guide in the mail today. In the letter only my spouse's name and client ID are mentioned. However it says the letter is to acknowledge receipt of 2 adult applications. I just wanted to know if this is it or should I expect another AOR for me.
Hello

I have received the same letter ( AOR) for citizenship application 2 adult and 4 children just this morning ,,,, I think one letter is enough for all as its family application

way to go October applicant ,,,, we are on the right track :D

rednwhite

Sep 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imadiq said:
Hello

I have received the same letter ( AOR) for citizenship application 2 adult and 4 children just this morning ,,,, I think one letter is enough for all as its family application

way to go October applicant ,,,, we are on the right track :D
Thanks for the confirmation :)

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
My eCAS status was upgraded to In Process as follows:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 3, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 12, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (** It was an email, so no delays in delivery!**)

We started processing your application on December 16, 2014.

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
KrisinNS said:
My eCAS status was upgraded to In Process as follows:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 3, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 12, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (** It was an email, so no delays in delivery!**)

We started processing your application on December 16, 2014.
Hey - When they they actually receive the appliction i.e) when was the application delivered in the mail ?

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Delivered on 10-24

12-04 Sent out AOR,.

12-16 received AOR from CIC in mail and the book.

12-19 ECAS activated, status received

agp2176

Oct 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hurray! eCas says 'received' this morning! ;D (19 December 2014)
It says : We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2014

Tony

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
johoja said:
Hey - When they they actually receive the appliction i.e) when was the application delivered in the mail ?
October 3, 2014.

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
Hi everybody
My application had been recivied in Oct 20
And till now nothing
I hope I will hear something soon

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct20 said:
Hi everybody
My application had been recivied in Oct 20
And till now nothing
I hope I will hear something soon
Relax it usually takes around two months to hear anything.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dav3000 said:
Relax it usually takes around two months to hear anything.

I'm not sure on what basis they respond to applications. I believe all applications go to one place at Sydney NS... and they check for completion before they send AOR. Why one application gets a response and AOR in one month time and another gets it in 2 or 3 months if both applications are deemed to be complete. Delays in local offices or due to incompletion is understood, but this time difference in response to a completed applications is definitely understandable.