+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

pazook

Feb 27, 2012
I do not know what is going on. Few November applicants have got their AOR by email while many October and some September applicants have heard nothing till now. :(

immi2011,
Would you please keep us updated when you get the response of the case specific inquiry?
Thanks and good luck

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Ohh boy, just now received AOR email from CIC. The email read "Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document." The file name of the attached PDF was CIT0425, i thought it might had to do something with new RQ form they have been sending. However the attached file reads:

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required. When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, CIC will invite you to a knowledge test, interview and/or ceremony, as applicable.

and then link for Discover Canada guide and remaining content.....

Thank you everyone for your support. I hope other friends who are waiting on AOR, will hear from CIC soon. Thanks again.

P.S: I have updated October 2014 spreadsheet. Ecas link is not working at the moment so I will check it again later.

pazook

Feb 27, 2012
Hi Immi2011,
Congratulation for the AOR
would you please let me know what did you write in the message box when you fill the case specific inquiry? did you attached any document to your case specific inquiry?
Thanks

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KrisinNS said:
I know how you feel, because I was in the same boat until today... but I think you will hear something within the next few days, for sure.
You were right. Just got an email today. Still can't see anything on ecas though. They also issued AOR on my old name even though I had a legal change of name. Probably because I never bothered to update the PR card.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Oh crap. Just received my application back in the mail. Photos were not dated nor stamped... I admit I didn't even remember this part... I will send it back tomorrow... Yeah...

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Just got the AOR in the mail today along with the Discover Canada book. Its dated 20th November. So far so good. Wishing the rest of you all the best.

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
stanka said:
You were right. Just got an email today. Still can't see anything on ecas though. They also issued AOR on my old name even though I had a legal change of name. Probably because I never bothered to update the PR card.
Excellent! I bet you feel a little relieved!
Yeah I don't have any ECAS access either. But hey, at least we didn't get the application sent back! As far as I am concerned, my job now is to prepare for the test and wait for an invitation to write the test.

Good luck!

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Got a letter from cic today acknowledging my application, the letter is dated 04 December but received it today best of luck everyone including me ,

ynany1027

Oct 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Ynany1027, are you saying you got your application number starting with letter C but in the regular mail as a letter and not as email?

Yes. I got the letter in regular mail, the applicant number is C00000XXXX.

Online status shows "received" only as of tonight.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
stanka said:
when I went for legal name change, I got my PR card replaced with new name and now I have submitted my citizenship application with new name.

pazook

Feb 27, 2012
Hi handsomeishere; ynany1027

Congratulation
Would you please let us know when did you send your application?
Thanks

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KrisinNS said:
Excellent! I bet you feel a little relieved!
Yeah I don't have any ECAS access either. But hey, at least we didn't get the application sent back! As far as I am concerned, my job now is to prepare for the test and wait for an invitation to write the test.

Good luck!
Thanks! :) But something tells me it's gonna be a loooong wait for me. You will probably be already a citizen by the time I get a test invite!

when I went for legal name change, I got my PR card replaced with new name and now I have submitted my citizenship application with new name.
Well I did write the new name on my application and included the change of name certificate and ID's with the new name. Only COPR and PR had an old name. I'm not worrying about it too much tbh.

ynany1027

Oct 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pazook said:
Hi handsomeishere; ynany1027

Congratulation
Would you please let us know when did you send your application?
Thanks
Delivered at 7am on Oct 24

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Delivered on 10-24

12-04 Sent out AOR,.

12-16 received AOR from CIC in mail and the book.