October 2014 Citizenship Applications

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
I got my ECAS access today. (I received email AOR on Dec 12, so this is exciting that my ECAS finally works!)
Not much is on there, other than a link to update my mailing address, and the option to remove access.

Nothing about whether my application is "received" or "in process".

Oh well, baby steps, I guess.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
hey , can you let me know how to check ecas, I have received my AOR through mail , it shows application number starting with c0000, how can I check my application status or how long does it take before one can check the application status after getting AOR by mail, Thanks a lot ,
KrisinNS said:
I got my ECAS access today. (I received email AOR on Dec 12, so this is exciting that my ECAS finally works!)
Not much is on there, other than a link to update my mailing address, and the option to remove access.

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
handsomeishere said:
hey , can you let me know how to check ecas, I have received my AOR through mail , it shows application number starting with c0000, how can I check my application status or how long does it take before one can check the application status after getting AOR by mail, Thanks a lot ,
Go here:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp

Use your Client ID number (with hyphen), and enter all the other information they ask. If you have eCAS access, you will see something like "received" or "in process" or just your mailing address with a link to update it.
If you do not have eCAS access you will see a message stating that your application could not be found. No need to panic, just need to wait, if you see this message.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks alot budd that is very much appreciated
KrisinNS said:
Go here:

Use your Client ID number (with hyphen), and enter all the other information they ask. If you have eCAS access, you will see something like "received" or "in process" or just your mailing address with a link to update it.
If you do not have eCAS access you will see a message stating that your application could not be found. No need to panic, just need to wait, if you see this message.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Plus one for u,
KrisinNS said:
Go here:

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
handsomeishere said:
Thanks alot budd that is very much appreciated
You are welcome! So, did you get eCAS access?

trvpm

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KrisinNS said:

I thought I was the only one with no status in ecas :).
I received email AOR on Dec 12 and I was able to login to ecas on Dec 15.

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
Application was received on October 2nd but called cic they said that they don't have anything and they are currently processing October 10th. Nothing on ecas no aor no email, no mail.

They say that it is either lost in the mail or being returned to me for being incomplete. The are not sure.

What do you guys recommend I do?

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
johoja said:
Application was received on October 2nd but called cic they said that they don't have anything and they are currently processing October 10th. Nothing on ecas no aor no email, no mail.

They say that it is either lost in the mail or being returned to me for being incomplete. The are not sure.

What do you guys recommend I do?
Based on the experiences of several September applicants, who just like you, were told that their application was lost or being returned, and ended up getting email AORs in the last two weeks, I would recommend that you wait a few more days, maybe until mid-January before you resend an application. You could also search on the message boards and see how to send a case specific enquiry, or email CIC to get detailed information. My guess is, due to the holidays, you may have to wait until January.