+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

CocoaTea

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Jattz-inc said:
Any one with local office in edmonton? Seems like they take forever to call for test.
it's cool running in Edmonton! They want you to feel the " cold". Actually it's snowing again?

Jattz-inc

Mar 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CocoaTea said:
it's cool running in Edmonton! They want you to feel the " cold". Actually it's snowing again?
Yes it is....and it will be cold for next whole week...snow followed by pouring rail whole week :(

On top of tht super slow cic office.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So how many Citizens have we hatched so far from October applicants... probably few from Ontario? rest hibernating!

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
sept15 said:
So how many Citizens have we hatched so far from October applicants... probably few from Ontario? rest hibernating!
How do I update the sheet? We'll soon be a hatchling :)

And yes, we're Ontario (Scarborough)...

CharlottePEI

May 13, 2014
sept15 said:
Newbie to the thread. I sent my application to Sydney in September but had to resubmit with additional informaton on October 30th, 2013.

They started processing it March 11th, 2014!

I'm over the age of needing the test. So am just waiting to hear what the next step will be. I'm on Prince Edward Island so expect Halifax will be my local office. I haven't noticed anyone else in October/November applicants from my beautiful island so haven't gathered any clues re time line.

any hope you can pass my way is appreciated .. waiting is such a pain ..

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
CharlottePEI said:
Newbie to the thread. I sent my application to Sydney in September but had to resubmit with additional informaton on October 30th, 2013.

They started processing it March 11th, 2014!

I'm over the age of needing the test. So am just waiting to hear what the next step will be. I'm on Prince Edward Island so expect Halifax will be my local office. I haven't noticed anyone else in October/November applicants from my beautiful island so haven't gathered any clues re time line.

any hope you can pass my way is appreciated .. waiting is such a pain ..
There is a CIC local office in Charlottetown. I just google it

191 University Avenue Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4L2.

they also hold citizenship ceremonies down there

CharlottePEI

May 13, 2014
MrBravo, I have to thank you. I thought we no longer had a CIC office on the island, so didn't bother checking. Citizenship ceremonies are held in one of the downtown hotels nowadays, though. Thank you for your help.

mrbravo said:
There is a CIC local office in Charlottetown. I just google it

191 University Avenue Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4L2.

they also hold citizenship ceremonies down there

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
CharlottePEI said:
MrBravo, I have to thank you. I thought we no longer had a CIC office on the island, so didn't bother checking. Citizenship ceremonies are held in one of the downtown hotels nowadays, though. Thank you for your help.
CharlottePEI,

I found out that this office is working but doesn't offer in-person service. In other words, no interviews are taking place there which is strange.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp#pei

CharlottePEI

May 13, 2014
mrbravo said:
CharlottePEI,

I found out that this office is working but doesn't offer in-person service. In other words, no interviews are taking place there which is strange.
Cost cutting again. I've been reading through the thread and trying to figure out what all the different acronyms mean .. I'm slowly clueing in but it's taken me a while. What are all the different 'checks'? Silly me, I thought a quick criminal background check and a few ticks in the right boxes and I'd be done. Life, eh. It surprises us constantly.

sungeus

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, just wanted to update you that I have received the test notice yesterday in mail. Thanks

Canadianese

May 2, 2014
tequila & sungeus, hello to u guys;

Question plz, Could u tell us If u do recall when ur received line disappeared, Or Is it still there?

Also sungeus, ur received was there before ur fingerprint request, is that right?

Thanks for updating us guys.

tequila

Apr 14, 2014
Canadianese said:
tequila & sungeus, hello to u guys;

Question plz, Could u tell us If u do recall when ur received line disappeared, Or Is it still there?

Also sungeus, ur received was there before ur fingerprint request, is that right?

Thanks for updating us guys.
It was late January early February. I am not sure because I checked every other week.