Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Recieved line is still there.

Canadianese said:
tequila & sungeus, hello to u guys;

Question plz, Could u tell us If u do recall when ur received line disappeared, Or Is it still there?

Also sungeus, ur received was there before ur fingerprint request, is that right?

Thanks for updating us guys.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Hello Everyone,

There is an oath ceremony on June 9th in St John's, Newfoundland and a friend of mine received the pink letter 10 days ago. It is highly likely that I won't make it for this ceremony. In st john's the number of applicants is minor so very few oath ceremonies are held per year! will have to wait hopefully for the next one!

I called CIC on 2 weeks ago and was told that the test result is not uploaded on the system. I called them again on Thursday and was advised that the test was finally updated. Is there any relation between the test being uploaded in the system and oath?

I have only met one person in this forum who applied from Newfoundland! Most people from Ontario!

Good luck everyone!

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
mrbravo said:
Hello Everyone,

There is an oath ceremony on June 9th in St John's, Newfoundland and a friend of mine received the pink letter 10 days ago. It is highly likely that I won't make it for this ceremony. In st john's the number of applicant is minor so very few oath ceremonies are help per year! will have to wait hopefully for the next one!

I called CIC on 2 weeks ago and was told that the test result is not uploaded on the system. I called them again on Thursday and was advised that the test was finally updated. Is there any relation between the test being uploaded in the system and oath?

I have only met one person in this forum who applied from Newfoundland! Most people from Ontario!

Good luck everyone!
I think, I am not sure!!! if you are not RQ case, and your test has been uploaded, means you are in wait list for ceremony. My test has been uploaded too. I'm in Montreal, and here they max have ceremony 3, 4 times per month, so it takes time.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
springtime said:
I think, I am not sure!!! if you are not RQ case, and your test has been uploaded, means you are in wait list for ceremony. My test has been uploaded too. I'm in Montreal, and here they max have ceremony 3, 4 times per month, so it takes time.
Thank you springtime.

When did your test result get updated? Was that long time ago? Could this mean that your file has been granted ?

Any idea is much appreciated.

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
mrbravo said:
Thank you springtime.

When did your test result get updated? Was that long time ago? Could this mean that your file has been granted ?

I called CIC the first time ever on May 16th, I had my test on April 10th, I cant tell you when did they upload it because I didn't ask them.But she told me I'm in wait list, Probably you are too, may be the agent forgot to tell you about it, if you like you can give then another call may this time the agent give you more info.
My guess is when they upload your test result and you didn't receive any RQ or JH letter, could mean your file has been granted. ( I hope I am right) but I'm not sure, I see in your city also there is only one ceremony so far.
The first next Montreal ceremony is on June 19th, I don't think I can be invited for this one :'(

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
springtime said:
I called CIC the first time ever on May 16th, I had my test on April 10th, I cant tell you when did they upload it because I didn't ask them.But she told me I'm in wait list, Probably you are too, may be the agent forgot to tell you about it, if you like you can give then another call may this time the agent give you more info.
My guess is when they upload your test result and you didn't receive any RQ or JH letter, could mean your file has been granted. ( I hope I am right) but I'm not sure, I see in your city also there is only one ceremony so far.
The first next Montreal ceremony is on June 19th, I don't think I can be invited for this one :'(
Good luck springtime. Hopefully you will be! you never know.

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
mrbravo said:
Thank you springtime.

Hi Mrbravo,

I just spoke with a CIC agent now and was also advised that my tests has being uploaded. She also told me what that means is that once tests results gets uploaded, one can expect the oath invite anytime. I guess that is good even though I don't know why we were not included in the June 9th ceremony.
We will be in the next batch.......hopefully.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Cha2 said:
Hi Mrbravo,

I just spoke with a CIC agent now and was also advised that my tests has being uploaded. She also told me what that means is that once tests results gets uploaded, one can expect the oath invite anytime. I guess that is good even though I don't know why we were not included in the June 9th ceremony.
We will be in the next batch.......hopefully.
Thank you for the update Cha2. The earliest oath would be in August. There should be in Corner brook in July though.

CaMtl

Feb 25, 2014
Hello,

Last week I got the letter to take the citizenship test in June 6 :) The letter is dated May 16. My office is Montreal.

Flute

Apr 5, 2014
All,
I applied for Canadian citizenship in last week of Sept 2013 and CIC started processing on 4th Oct 2013. Since atleast Feb 2014, CIC call centre has been singing the same song, "immigration check is in progress". I checked today and they once again sang the same song. So I am wondering, how long does it take to finish this immigration check? I had approximately 10 trips to US during last 4 years. I think that's what they seem to be concerned about.

On my own, I gave them lot of details when I applied such as T4 slips, income tax returns for 3 years, pay stubs from job at a well known company for 3 years etc. Still, they keep singing the same song. Anyone knows how long does it take to finish immigration check for a case like mine?

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flute said:
All,
I applied for Canadian citizenship in last week of Sept 2013 and CIC started processing on 4th Oct 2013. Since atleast Feb 2014, CIC call centre has been singing the same song, "immigration check is in progress". I checked today and they once again sang the same song. So I am wondering, how long does it take to finish this immigration check? I had approximately 10 trips to US during last 4 years. I think that's what they seem to be concerned about.

On my own, I gave them lot of details when I applied such as T4 slips, income tax returns for 3 years, pay stubs from job at a well known company for 3 years etc. Still, they keep singing the same song. Anyone knows how long does it take to finish immigration check for a case like mine?
Which local office is processing your application? and is it family or individual application?

druid2010

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so just finished my test today at scarb.. here's the interview experience:

interviewer made a complete copy of my passport to check / verify dates later and also said since i have 1100 days of physical presence i have 5 days of leeway incase there was any discrepancy and she also had the cbsa report... i had left off a couple of city/country entries during periods when i was in between jobs(2 instances of a couple of months) she asked me to manually enter the city/country in the missing fields that was it...

checked my ids asked if i was ever in trouble with the law and said i was good to go..

that was it.. she asked if i had any questions for her.. i had copies of my tax returns etc and asked if she wanted to see them.. she said if i wanted to add them to my file she would be happy to photocopy them so the judge can see them...i asked if it would help and she said it wouldn't hurt so she copied them...

said timeframe for oath is 2-4 months but i should get my oath sooner than that...

also asked what i need to bring for oath since my current passport is expiring soon and i need to renew it if i dont get my oath in time.. you only need pr card and copr/landing papers...

Flute

Apr 5, 2014
12om3 said:
Which local office is processing your application? and is it family or individual application?
Its individual application and office that is processing my application is mississauga.

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news for me today!! I just checked my ecas for the 1st time in about 10 days and here's what I got:

We sent you a notice on May 29, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 25, 2014 at 10:05 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Sounds good for Vancouver October'13 applicants :)