+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tequila said:
Finally ;D We were invited to the oath the day of the exam/interview but was waiting for the update in E-CAS.

Thanks to everyone for your support and tips!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 17, 2014.

We sent you a notice on May 12, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 28, 2014 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on June 11, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 1, 2014 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Conratulations ^_^

Which office processed your application? and is it family or individual applicaiton?

All the best for a bright future ^_^

Paukman

Jan 13, 2009
Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 25, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 25, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter on April 2, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Last one was fingerprints request. I did it in couple of days, and I called them to see if they have it, and they do.
Local office is Calgary.

Calcan

Jan 1, 2014
Paukman,
Just wondering whether finger print request cam from Sydney or Calgary?
If you please let us know

Paukman

Jan 13, 2009
Calcan said:
Paukman,
Just wondering whether finger print request cam from Sydney or Calgary?
If you please let us know
It was from Calgary when I got it.
Sometime between Jan and Apr was transferred to Calgary office, but it doesn't say on online check.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnt4554 said:
what do you ask when you call? I'd like to know because I want to avoid getting the generic answer "it takes 24 months blah blah"
Hey there dnt4554, hello everyone !

To get answers from the call center, well, just be affirmative and don't ask a generic question, you have the right to know what is happening with your personal file, so ask them to check in their system and if they don't cooperate, just hang up and call again and hopefully you will fall on a more humane agent.

From my experience, most of the agents you talk to over the phone want to help and want to give you good news, its just that they don't know more than what they tell you, some agents are terrible and you feel from the very beginning of the call that you won't go far with them and that they just want to get you off their shoulders....after all, we all know how it is when we don't feel like going to work in the morning, especially when your job is to talk all day long to frustrated people who want to go on with their lives, and the worse part is that neither these applicants or the agents are to blame for the delays and the lack of transparency. Should I become a citizen before next year's elections, I might not know who I will vote for yet, but I know exactly who I will not vote for !

In my case, my application, so far, seems to be going very smoothly, touch wood. But how many applications out there are not, how many people are waiting without any news, how many people are getting RQed and delayed daily for unclear reasons.... yes, some people fraud, and they deserve whatever happens to them, but most people don't.,Yes, some people make innocent mistakes ( by forgetting a date or by loosing a document or something...), yet they are not criminals and shouldn't be treated as such. The day I will become Canadian, it will be a big personal accomplishment after all these years of experiences, work, integration, etc... If there is one thing that I hope will not disappear is that we will keep this solidarity going on, helping other fellow permanent residents, temporary workers, Canadians etc... better understand their own situations, till the government starts doing its job of informing the public correctly.

Cheers.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Hello !

Hello Everyone,

Good news. I received the notice to appear and take the oath for Citizenship on Wednesday. I didn't get the chance to update my info here since then so apologize for this delay

Here is a reminder of my detailed timeline :

- Sydney received my file on November 4th, 2013
- ECAS showed " in process" + " Received" lines on January 28th,2014 (In Process)
-" Received" live disappeared on March 2nd, 2014
- Called CIC on March 4th, 2014 to check status when I noticed that the received line disappeared and they said : Your file is on its way to your local office ( St John's Newfoundland)
- Called CIC on March 17, and was informed that my file had been transferred to St John's office on March 4th, 2014.
- CIC sent me a notice dated March 31st, 2014 to write the Citizenship test on April 17th, 2014.
- I called CIC on May 6th, 2014 and my test results had been updated in the system.
- I called CIC on May 20th and was informed that my test results had been updated in the system.
- CIC sent me a notice dated June 16th, 2014 to appear and take the oath for Citizenship on July 8th, in St John's Newfoundland.

Wishing you all a speedy process and thanks for the information you have all provided me.

My experience: please take CBSA reports, Notice of assessments, and stamps translated when you go for your interview. It was very handy...

Mrbravo

fla3757

Jun 25, 2014
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 15, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 5, 2014.

I live in Toronto (Etobicoke), ON. Haven't heard a peep after this. I called CIC and they said application is still in process. I will need to find out if my file has been sent to local office as yet.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
Hello !

Hello Everyone,

Good news. I received the notice to appear and take the oath for Citizenship on Wednesday. I didn't get the chance to update my info here since then so apologize for this delay

Here is a reminder of my detailed timeline :

- Sydney received my file on November 4th, 2013
- ECAS showed " in process" + " Received" lines on January 28th,2014 (In Process)
-" Received" live disappeared on March 2nd, 2014
- Called CIC on March 4th, 2014 to check status when I noticed that the received line disappeared and they said : Your file is on its way to your local office ( St John's Newfoundland)
- Called CIC on March 17, and was informed that my file had been transferred to St John's office on March 4th, 2014.
- CIC sent me a notice dated March 31st, 2014 to write the Citizenship test on April 17th, 2014.
- I called CIC on May 6th, 2014 and my test results had been updated in the system.
- I called CIC on May 20th and was informed that my test results had been updated in the system.
- CIC sent me a notice dated June 16th, 2014 to appear and take the oath for Citizenship on July 8th, in St John's Newfoundland.

Wishing you all a speedy process and thanks for the information you have all provided me.

My experience: please take CBSA reports, Notice of assessments, and stamps translated when you go for your interview. It was very handy...

Mrbravo
congratz, very quick processing!

djiome1

Mar 13, 2014
Hi all

it seems like things are moving, I didn't expect my test notification that soon.

Local office scarborough

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 1, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 1, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 12, 2013.

We sent you a notice on June 26, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Today was a very memorable moment where we took the oath of citizenship. The atmosphere was great ;D :D

I am very grateful to how Generous Canada is for allowing us here and granting us the citizenship privilege. Many other countries are not as generous as Canada is.

Thank you for all for the support and advice that you have all provided me with. Best luck to everyone.

Mrbravo

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djiome1 said:
Hi all

it seems like things are moving, I didn't expect my test notification that soon.

Local office scarborough

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 1, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 1, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 12, 2013.

We sent you a notice on June 26, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
10 month isnt fast. but looks like u will finish everything within a year.

djiome1

Mar 13, 2014
Hi the OCtobers,
how many people have completed the process ?

passed test on 17-july-2014 at Scarborough office, still waiting fro the oath notification

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey there everyone!

Well, call center notified me that my application got approved 2 weeks after I passed the exam. Now i am waiting for the oath ceremony, however, since i will be away for two weeks, I called them to avoid being booked for a ceremony during my absence, this will probably delay my wait time a little bit... but its not a big deal!