+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which languages do you need to get translated?

Maria Ash said:
@ mr bravo
Could u pls share where to get exit entry stamps translated from which r not in English or french
Thanks

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Maria Ash said:
@ mr bravo
Could u pls share where to get exit entry stamps translated from which r not in English or french
Thanks
It depends on the language that you need to translate. You will have to Google a certified translator in the area where you live.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasss said:
Hello guys,

I applied on 29th October 2013.

They started processing my application on March-6th, 2014.

and just today sent me a letter to take the test on May, 6th.

Will they inform me about the oath date right after the test date?

If I live Canada after my test date, and I miss the oath date which they assign to me, will I have to go through application process again!?
1. You will receive the Oath letter in the weeks following the test/interview.
2. You may leave the country after taking the test, however it's recommended to inform CIC if you are going to be away for over 2 months.
CIC Halifax usually issues the Oath invitation within 4-6 weeks following the test. I heard of a recent case here which the applicant(username "Halifax") had the oath 11 days after the test. So plan accordingly.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
osamaamany said:
lilua ...Congratulations :D

May i ask you a question ...at which stage I can know my office ? I received the AOR but nothing shows in respect of office !!
When your 'Received' line disappears from your ecas, then you can assume that you have been assigned a local office, that is your file has been transferred to a new office.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
@ mr bravo
Thanks for the reply I will check online actually the stamps r in Arabic so let's see what I find online

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know a good translator in Mississauga...
PM me if you are interested.

Maria Ash said:
@ mr bravo
Thanks for the reply I will check online actually the stamps r in Arabic so let's see what I find online

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Maria Ash said:
@ mr bravo
Maha Takla she is a very good and certified Arabic to English translator

http://www.proz.com/profile/4192

all the best!

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Hi fellow October-ites,

Today in the mail my husband got his oath notification for May 13! Just FYI there's no update on Ecas yet.

Office is Scarborough, test was on April 16.

The best of luck and well wishes to all of you awaiting good news!

druid2010

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so just got off the phone with cic.. according to the agent my file has passed all background checks and is at the local office waiting for a test date to be scheduled.. she said most local offices will take a few months to schedule the test so I may not hear back for a while... previously the agent mentioned my local office is scarborough.. any idea about wait times for test date at the scarb office??..

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
rachel6992 said:
Hi fellow October-ites,

Today in the mail my husband got his oath notification for May 13! Just FYI there's no update on Ecas yet.

Office is Scarborough, test was on April 16.

The best of luck and well wishes to all of you awaiting good news!
Congratulations to you and your husband! I also took the test on 16th of April and my local office is St. John's Newfoundland. Hopefully, our own oath date will likely be on June 9th as per citizenship ceremony just updated on CIC website.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Cha2 said:
Congratulations to you and your husband! I also took the test on 16th of April and my local office is St. John's Newfoundland. Hopefully, our own oath date will likely be on June 9th as per citizenship ceremony just updated on CIC website.
Thanks, and congrats/best of luck to you as well! We are going to do something distinctly Canadian after the ceremony, but not sure yet what that will be... any suggestions? Poutine and Canadian wine? Haha

Jattz-inc

Mar 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any one with local office in edmonton? Seems like they take forever to call for test.

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
rachel6992 said:
Thanks, and congrats/best of luck to you as well! We are going to do something distinctly Canadian after the ceremony, but not sure yet what that will be... any suggestions? Poutine and Canadian wine? Haha
LOL

No ideas yet. I think they will pop up when I have actually received an oath date.

But Poutine and Canadian wine sure does'nt sound like a bad idea to me ;)

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Oct13 said:
Mine is Vancouver and it is family.
Hey @Oct13, how are you and what's up with you and your family's application?

What stage are you people now in?