ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmed10-2013 said:
Hello,

Add me :)

I sent application via canada post regular mail on Oct 8, 2013 and they received it after 8 days :)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 16, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 21, 2014.

Hoping to get a test date, not an RQ. Praying hard :)

Thanks
Hey, add yourself at the link in my signature :)

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Ramsfe,

Wondering if you could provide your thoughts on this one:

If someone has used more than one last name in the past (Maiden name, other last name than the present one). How would you answer Question 1C of the Form CIT0002. Below are my options (I think) but not sure which one is more appropriate.

1. Write all the LAST names used in the past and separate them with a semicolon like: Smith; Black; Kein and same thing.

2. Attach additional page 1 of CIT002 and write one last name in every sheet. In this way there will be three such sheet with only question filled will be 1C.

3. Write one previous last name used in one sheet and attach a Microsoft word file with the remaining last names used.

Any thoughts on this one and the best way to handle this.

Thanks and have a good one.

Looks like there was no bills on table at the HoC at the Parliament today.

Later,

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know the question is not for me, but i would write them through semicolon

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stork1 said:
I know the question is not for me, but i would write them through semicolon
Thanks Stork1. That is what I was leaning towards as well. I am sorry it was a question for everyone to send me their thoughts... Its for my spouse's application and it is kinda complicated because:

1. Her name on the temporary permit is A B C (A is the first name, B is the middle name and C is the last name). Her passport that was referred in the temporary permit had just one name: A. So, when she became a PR the name on her PR card was simply A (only last name, no first name). We did a Legal name change and to make life easy we changed her name from A to A D (D being my last name). So her name on her PR card is A D (we changed her name on PR card and passport after doing a legal name change). I know this is confusing. SO, if I can summarize this, it would be like:

Present Name: A D.
Previous Last names (based on your suggestions): C; A
Previous Given Names : A B,

Does this makes sense to you? Thanks for your feedback,Stork1.

I assume you should be getting your AOR couple of weeks - next week?

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
Thanks Stork1. That is what I was leaning towards as well. I am sorry it was a question for everyone to send me their thoughts... Its for my spouse's application and it is kinda complicated because:

1. Her name on the temporary permit is A B C (A is the first name, B is the middle name and C is the last name). Her passport that was referred in the temporary permit had just one name: A. So, when she became a PR the name on her PR card was simply A (only last name, no first name). We did a Legal name change and to make life easy we changed her name from A to A D (D being my last name). So her name on her PR card is A D (we changed her name on PR card and passport after doing a legal name change). I know this is confusing. SO, if I can summarize this, it would be like:

Present Name: A D.
Previous Last names (based on your suggestions): C; A
Previous Given Names : A B,

Does this makes sense to you? Thanks for your feedback,Stork1.

I assume you should be getting your AOR couple of weeks - next week?
Hi Sept15, hello Stork1 !

Well, how would I go about it! The purpose is to always be clear so that the CIC official doesn't get confused, right ?

On the citizenship form, you have a place where you can write previous or other names ( In my case for example, I currently have two nationalities and a different name in each! ) So, I am living in Canada as a citizen of country number 1, and that's the same name on my PR and everything, however, I had to include a copy of my passport from country 2, so I told CIC about my other name on the form. Now, if you think that Mrs. Sept15's case is more complicated, I suggest that you make it clear by writing a letter to explain whatever you think you should explain, without going through the boring details or anything.. They are not dumb, they will realize that AD , CA and AB is the same person when looking at her papers, her place and date of birth and her relation to you, the only thing that really counts for them is that her name in her future canadian citizenship will have to look like her name in her PR file ( when a name change is requested, they keep traces of the previous name...but they always function with the name you had a life with in Canada...)

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
ramsfe said:

Well, how would I go about it! The purpose is to always be clear so that the CIC official doesn't get confused, right ?

On the citizenship form, you have a place where you can write previous or other names ( In my case for example, I currently have two nationalities and a different name in each! ) So, I am living in Canada as a citizen of country number 1, and that's the same name on my PR and everything, however, I had to include a copy of my passport from country 2, so I told CIC about my other name on the form. Now, if you think that Mrs. Sept15's case is more complicated, I suggest that you make it clear by writing a letter to explain whatever you think you should explain, without going through the boring details or anything.. They are not dumb, they will realize that AD , CA and AB is the same person when looking at her papers, her place and date of birth and her relation to you, the only thing that really counts for them is that her name in her future canadian citizenship will have to look like her name in her PR file ( when a name change is requested, they keep traces of the previous name...but they always function with the name you had a life with in Canada...)
I second what Ramsfe wrote. I would write on the application the name I have on the PR card, and I will write a letter to explain the case in the simplest possible way.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am happy to see a lot of applicants from Vancouver. how can i put notification in this thread? for me to get email when somebody posted here?

i know it takes 24mos to process citizenship applications nowadays but i would want to follow this thread.. thanks..

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
charmed10-2013 said:
i am happy to see a lot of applicants from Vancouver. how can i put notification in this thread? for me to get email when somebody posted here?

i know it takes 24mos to process citizenship applications nowadays but i would want to follow this thread.. thanks..
I tried to start a thread for Vancouver applicants to monitor the progress here, since our fellows on the east go so fast nowadays while we do not know the progress of our office!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can you give me the link to that thread? i will follow that one too :) I have a friend in Toronto 3 mos only, total from receipt to test date. now she (and family) waiting for oath date. that's crazy fast.

Oct13.. give me the link? thanks ;D

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
charmed10-2013 said:
can you give me the link to that thread? i will follow that one too :) I have a friend in Toronto 3 mos only, total from receipt to test date. now she (and family) waiting for oath date. that's crazy fast.

Oct13.. give me the link? thanks ;D
Check your inbox.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:

thank you kindly. shall do.