Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
LANDED..........
11-12-2013
the mail comes like this "This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

"

chi_1988

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
31-10-2013
Med's Done....
4-11-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
15-12-2013
Hello everyone!
Application Submitted: August,2012
Application Received by CIC : October 9,2012
AOR : Nov 30
Medical Request: Oct 31

Nenuinthey

Oct 28, 2013
hparacha said:
CONGRATS! Nenuinthey

By any chance on your GCMS notes, was there a date for Review Required due?
Of course updated date has been mentioned over there, it was on June 10 they updated status as " Review Required ".

rus66958

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
06-12-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
LANDED..........
11-12-2013
In my MR request mail CIC did not attached the documents... today they just sent me a number and told that if I do my medical in Canada I dont need the attachments just I need to give the number to the panel doctor. :)

lanzie

Jun 23, 2008
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12.Oct.12. Payment Taken: 5.Nov.12
AOR Received.
2.Dec.12
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Good evening All!

Please note that unfortunately my news is disappointing but my file was rejected ( email came Oct 29th ) I knew based on a technicality there was a 50/50 chance, however the reason was as follows:

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because during the periods xxxxxxx you were only authorized to be employed in NOC XXX. Work experience at a higher level gained during that period cannot be counted towards the Canadian work experience requirement of the program. According to my calculations, your hours of eligible Canadian work experience when calculated at the maximum of 37.5 hours a week, total to approximately 2041 hours XXXX

See this post for further details..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/seniors-advice-technical-situation-t136566.0.html

I just wanted to share my experience for all those workers who go through a hiring company or a government related agency from their home country...make sure that your employer or potential employer has the correct paper work!! Further if you get promoted ensure that besides receiving a new contract, that they apply for a new LMO so that your work permit has the correct job code! Do NOT let them sideline you into thinking a new LMO is not necessary...DON'T! because it IS!

As I am now eligible I have started to reapply and should have my application together and mailed out by next week hopefully!

Good luck to everyone still waiting on MR.. :)

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lanzie said:
Good evening All!

Please note that unfortunately my news is disappointing but my file was rejected ( email came Oct 29th ) I knew based on a technicality there was a 50/50 chance, however the reason was as follows:

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because during the periods xxxxxxx you were only authorized to be employed in NOC XXX. Work experience at a higher level gained during that period cannot be counted towards the Canadian work experience requirement of the program. According to my calculations, your hours of eligible Canadian work experience when calculated at the maximum of 37.5 hours a week, total to approximately 2041 hours XXXX

See this post for further details..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/seniors-advice-technical-situation-t136566.0.html

I just wanted to share my experience for all those workers who go through a hiring company or a government related agency from their home country...make sure that your employer or potential employer has the correct paper work!! Further if you get promoted ensure that besides receiving a new contract, that they apply for a new LMO so that your work permit has the correct job code! Do NOT let them sideline you into thinking a new LMO is not necessary...DON'T! because it IS!

As I am now eligible I have started to reapply and should have my application together and mailed out by next week hopefully!

Good luck to everyone still waiting on MR.. :)
Sorry to hear and wish you a good luck on your new application.

hparacha

Nov 4, 2012
Hello,

I got my MR today and my request for PPR. Finally, something after 1 year and 1 month of nothing.
I am not sure what the BIODATA is?

I am out of Canada, but was in Canada when I applied for CEC. I will do my medicals from abroad.

Do I need to tell CIC I am out of the country? And where will I submit my passport?

Thanks,

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hi hparacha,
congrats :)

biodata is just a little form that confirms your eyes colour and height.
did you get a RPRF request too,i think you should since you got passport request.
good luck

hparacha

Nov 4, 2012
Thanks you!!!

yes i got a little form that had a title Medical Report Client Biodata and Summary but no height and eye colour
not sure if thats it?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hi hparacha,

the one in the medical report is just for your medical exam and you should take that one with you to the doctor to finish your medical.
the BIODATA form should be with the passport request and the RPRF request email but since you got passport request i guess you will find (the passport request,biodata and rprf request)all in one email and the medical request by it self in another email.
thee biodata like i said earlier that just asks for your full name,application file number,eyes colour and height,you will have to print it and fill it by hand then scan it and email it to CPP-ottawa.
good luck

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Did you get a mail to pay the Right of permanent residence fee (490$) ? You wont get this request if you already paid this fee earlier.

Bio data form is usually included in the RPRF / passport request email. If you have not got biodata form, I would suggest to download it from dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24404541/BIODATA_fillable.pdf , fill it and sent it back to email which requested your passport.

Regarding your question where to send passport - Can you tell which country you're from? CEC PR visas are usually issued by Ottawa office. However, certain countries have restrictions on sending the passport through post. For example, Indian passport cannot be sent outside of any country through post (see the last page of your passport). It can be sent through a person, but the person should be authorized by the holder of the passport. Hence, I would suggest you to reply to the passport request email and inform them that you're currently in Country XYZ. CIC will arrange for your visa to be stamped in the country you're currently in, unless you dont have any restrictions on sending passport to Ottawa Office in Canada.

Medical exam can be performed in any country. The exam, however, must be conducted by one of the panel physicians mentioned in the CIC website. The medical practitioner will send your results directly to CIC.

hparacha said:
Hello,

I got my MR today and my request for PPR. Finally, something after 1 year and 1 month of nothing.
I am not sure what the BIODATA is?

I am out of Canada, but was in Canada when I applied for CEC. I will do my medicals from abroad.

Do I need to tell CIC I am out of the country? And where will I submit my passport?

Thanks,

hparacha

Nov 4, 2012
Hi, I am in Pakistan and yes its the same issue as India. But my family members/friends travel/live in Canada so I can get my passport to Ottawa.
They asked for the fee, but NOT my passport yet. I just had to pay the fee. I assume after medical etc... I will get the request to submit the passport?

iunno

Apr 5, 2012
Well folks, I landed today at Rainbow Bridge, after having received my passport back yesterday with the COPR and visa. It was a cold, windy, overcast day, so the walk over the bridge in a light fall jacket was probably not the greatest experience. I walked into the US side, and 30 seconds later, I was walking out to the Canadian side. The wait time was about 20 minutes, and I found myself staring at one oddly attractive female CBSA officer for most of that time. It took another 2-3 minutes at the counter and then I was on my way. That was it. No questions, nothing. The landing experience was anti-climactic, but I have this sense of certainty and ease about me now.

I picked up a shwarma plate, Sprite, and massive pieces of baklava on the way which I'm now about to devour, and then cleanse my palate with a 16 year old single malt scotch.

This forum has been a huge help and I hope that continues for all newcomers. Cheers!

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
iunno said:
Well folks, I landed today at Rainbow Bridge, after having received my passport back yesterday with the COPR and visa. It was a cold, windy, overcast day, so the walk over the bridge in a light fall jacket was probably not the greatest experience. I walked into the US side, and 30 seconds later, I was walking out to the Canadian side. The wait time was about 20 minutes, and I found myself staring at one oddly attractive female CBSA officer for most of that time. It took another 2-3 minutes at the counter and then I was on my way. That was it. No questions, nothing. The landing experience was anti-climactic, but I have this sense of certainty and ease about me now.

I picked up a shwarma plate, Sprite, and massive pieces of baklava on the way which I'm now about to devour, and then cleanse my palate with a 16 year old single malt scotch.

This forum has been a huge help and I hope that continues for all newcomers. Cheers!
Haha love the anecdote.