+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
I just had my MP called a few times and they said the security check is undergoing...
how about you?
what do you think I should do?
I just came to this site
Unfortunately MPs sometimes help, sometimes don't, depending on the case. All they do is get a status update, but they can't move the file an inch of it's under security check. I am currently with a lawyer, they sent few letters first, and now they're studying sending the writ of Mandamus. It is certainly expensive, but this is the last resort when you lose all hope after all this time. You can ask the lawyer at first to file an ATIP request on your behalf, should be cheaper at first. If nothing happens, then consider the writ of Mandamus.

MainHunNa

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18th of December 2014 & Received in CHC-ISB on 22-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued in London on 16th of Dec. 2014 & PP received on 6th Feb. 2015

moe moe

Apr 17, 2020
Applied : Nov 2017 then travelled back to my home town
Test and interview : Jun 2019
Questionnaire (form 0171) Received 1 week after the interview
I Completed ( with answers & supporting documents )questionnaire sent back : Jul 2019

Now it is 10 months after the interview and 30 Months after Citizenship application : still in progress .

My concern : I need to stay outside Canada for family circumstances . However , I need to go back to Canada before next July to complete my 2 years of residency to maintain my residency status . This is because CIC website says If you need to leave Canada after mailing Citizenship application and want to stay eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must:
CIC says also “ To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years”.

In Conclusion , will my application be abandoned if I don’t travel before July to complete my 2y ? This is because i may be at risk if my file takes much longer and then my residency status will be invalid