+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have become officially Canadian Today. I had my Oath this morning. It was the most natural step for citizenship journey. I can never forget how helpful this forum has been. Many of you been so kind by giving good advice and hope. Never let the dream die. I wish all the remaining Oct 2017 Applicants good luck.

NOW TWO DAYS WAIT TO APPLY FOR MY PASSPORT LOL.
Congrats! Please wish the rest of us luck!

Reactions: kushari

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I have become officially Canadian Today. I had my Oath this morning. It was the most natural step for citizenship journey. I can never forget how helpful this forum has been. Many of you been so kind by giving good advice and hope. Never let the dream die. I wish all the remaining Oct 2017 Applicants good luck.

NOW TWO DAYS WAIT TO APPLY FOR MY PASSPORT LOL.
Congratulations, I am anxiously waiting for anything from them now, I am entering my 21st month without a test invite since I applied. It is getting very frustrating.

Reactions: kushari

osis

Jun 29, 2012
Congratulations, I am anxiously waiting for anything from them now, I am entering my 21st month without a test invite since I applied. It is getting very frustrating.
Same here.. Entering my 21st month tomorrow...The only difference is that I did my test in Feb 2018...
I know @Kambiz2002 is from Iran. Are you also from Iran?

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
What is strange for those of us who are waiting for residency confirmation, is that the PR card renewal only takes about 3 weeks! And that department receives a huge number of applications from all over Canada. Yet, local offices sometimes take forever to do the same for citizenship apps. As if they are doing it intentionally :(

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Reactions: Kambiz2002

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
I pray that your case moves faster from this point. I understand the feeling. Hold tight and you will get there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What is strange for those of us who are waiting for residency confirmation, is that the PR card renewal only takes about 3 weeks! And that department receives a huge number of applications from all over Canada. Yet, local offices sometimes take forever to do the same for citizenship apps. As if they are doing it intentionally :(
Approving someone citizenship is much bigger deal than PR card renewal. You can’t just take away citizenship if Canada discovers something after the fact.

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Any October 2017 applicant here still waiting for Citizenship? Or even a test invite for that matter like me?
This is absolutely strange , since October 2017 and still waiting , you shouldn’t wait any more , you have to do something cause this is totally up normal, talk to a good lawyer to see your options, I really wish you all the best in this frustrating journey to citizenship

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
This is absolutely strange , since October 2017 and still waiting , you shouldn’t wait any more , you have to do something cause this is totally up normal, talk to a good lawyer to see your options, I really wish you all the best in this frustrating journey to citizenship
I already hired a lawyer, it's ongoing now.