+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
If the IRCC treated these matters with the simplicity you seem to think they operate with, then why are you still here 12 months after applying?
By now you should probably already know IRCC doesn’t work with any sense of reason and logic, everything is random

Reactions: vaibhavxv

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
How hard the citizenship test is? The book seems to have so much information names and dates. Do we need to really know everything?
No, of course not. Simply read the booklet through fully a couple of times, and read it without glossing-over any sections. When you see your test paper, each question's wording itself, along with its multiple-choice answer options, will all jog your memory sufficiently for you to be able to narrow-down your choice for the correct answer. Good luck.

Reactions: jsm0085
Jun 1, 2018
My Dear Friends, I’m in the last step of my citizenship journey. My oath date scheduled for 2nd week of October. I’m not sure if oath ceremony was talked about earlier but going back and read 770 pages will be quite a pain. I already have my suit/tie, original document proof of permanent resident, PR CARD, drivers license ready. I memorized national anthem. What else should I do or bring? Many thanks in advance for responding

Last edited:

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
My Dear Friends, I’m in the last step of my citizenship journey. My oath date scheduled for 2nd week of October. I’m not sure if oath ceremony was talked about earlier but going back and read 770 pages will be quite a pain. I already have my suit/tie, original document proof of permanent resident, PR CARD, drivers license ready. I memorized national anthem. What else should I do or bring? Many thanks in advance for responding
Just show up on time.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the IRCC treated these matters with the simplicity you seem to think they operate with, then why are you still here 12 months after applying?
You don’t seem to have a solid understanding of common sense.

Reactions: nofrills

sapuser72

Jan 29, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
Could any of the admins please update the sheet? My DM came on October the 3rd. (Test was on the 28th)
My immigration officer said the oath would be in 2-3 months but a friend who had an interview before me and one after me were both told that their oaths would be in November. Thanks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
How hard the citizenship test is? The book seems to have so much information names and dates. Do we need to really know everything?
I recommend downloading the audio version from the IRCC website, listen to it over and over during your idle time (e.g. during the daily commute - while on a bus/train/car), also download a bunch of testing apps to your phone and solve as many as you can.

I mostly used my daily commute time for the test preparation..my test was back in January and i would still pass today with what i've learned back then - if i had to sit for it again :)

You don't need to memorize any dates, but you need to have a good understanding of the important events that took place, as well as a narrow date range in mind to help you filter out the wrong answers.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiceIsland

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Guys, end of the road for me on this thread. Finally become a beloved Canadian citizen today in a ceremony at Scarborough. The presiding Citizenship Judge gave a very rousing speech, got me super emotional. So proud to be part of this great country. This country chose me, and I chose it back. Love you Canada, I stand on guard for thee!

Reactions: SpiceIsland