+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
wow! you mailed it and got it in 3 days, or you went to Canada Post and mailed it?
As another poster correctly identified, I misread your original post. I did not apply by mail. I went to a Passport Office and dropped off my application in person as I was going on a trip in 4 days from my date of application. I was trying to choose the Express service that would have given me my passport the next day but the officer determined that they will be able to give me my passport in 3 days. So he ended up saving me about $50 I think.

Reactions: salimnw

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am Oct 13th 2017 Applicant , new to the thread

Oct 13 - Application Sent
Nov -10 AOR
Test - Aug 30 - Scarborough
DecMade - Aug 31
Oath Invitation Sept 21 for Oct 10 ( In status , no email)

Does any one has any idea about Chinese Cultural Center - 5183 Sheppard Avenue East - I heard they will do OAT Ceremony at that lcoation

I have sent case specific inquiry to find my location

Anyone in similar situation, please let me know
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

Do you know your In-process date and Test Invite date?

AnkitaD

Oct 6, 2017
Can somenone pls update my details in the tracker

In process Feb 8
Test Invites Aug 3
Test date Aug 28
Test Location Scarborough
DM Aug 29
Waiting for oath

tom94063

May 1, 2013
Hi I had my test on Sep 20 at Scarborough and today (Sep 25) I checked eCAS and surprisingly see my oath schedule on Oct 10 1:05pm but have not received an email so far. So I called CIC and they told me that the location is Chinese cultural centre in Scarborough. And they said the invite was sent in Postal mail Sep 24, even though i have been receiving all the letters in an email, which is pretty weird. An agent I spoke with has no idea why they switched to postal mail...Btw she said the invite is not necessary , just bring document the following, Anyone had the test on the same day as mine , you can check your eCAS and share pls.

When you attend the citizenship ceremony, here is the list of documents to bring with you:

• (If available) The Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter,
  • Two original pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g. driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.),
  • All your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), birth certificate, etc.),
  • Your Permanent Resident card, if you have one,
  • All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired), and
  • (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship.

Reactions: kushari

zombiezombie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Please update. Oath Invite Letter received via Normal Post Mail for Oct 10th at 1:05pm at Scarborough (Chinese Cultural Centre).
Finally almost there.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi I had my test on Sep 20 at Scarborough and today (Sep 25) I checked eCAS and surprisingly see my oath schedule on Oct 10 1:05pm but have not received an email so far. So I called CIC and they told me that the location is Chinese cultural centre in Scarborough. And they said the invite was sent in Postal mail Sep 24, even though i have been receiving all the letters in an email, which is pretty weird. An agent I spoke with has no idea why they switched to postal mail...Btw she said the invite is not necessary , just bring document the following, Anyone had the test on the same day as mine , you can check your eCAS and share pls.
Its because the Oath location is more of a one-off. In addition to the usual Oath ceremonies at Mississauga/or Scarborough - they also pick a random location, (agha khan museum, chinese cultural center, north york center, restaurant...etc) - those who are invited to the random locations usually receive invites via postal mail....while those invited to the usual IRCC locations receive via email.

This is my observation based on what i've seen in the last couple of months, but hey congrats! It doesn't matter how the invite arrives as long as it does arrive :)