+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Status changed to Decision Made from Sept 7th. But no Oath invite yet. Whats the usual timeline? My file was at Mississauga but Test was moved to Scarborough. Where will be my Oath. Any idea?
There is no answer other than to wait. I've been DM since March 4th.

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
My Status changed to Decision Made from Sept 7th. But no Oath invite yet. Whats the usual timeline? My file was at Mississauga but Test was moved to Scarborough. Where will be my Oath. Any idea?
I'm in the same boat as you. Applied in October last year, had test on Sept. 5th at Scarborough thought original office is Mississauga. Got D.M on the 7th and nothing after that.
Unfortunately there is this feeling of frustration associated with this process. if they decision is already made, how hard can it be to schedule the oath taking? I come in here and see folks that applied months after me getting their oath invitation and you just gotta wonder.
I'll tell you something though, i can't wait to never have to check ecas again. i have been doing that almost daily for the last 11 months. there has got to be more to life than that horrible page.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I'm done good people.
Became a citizen on 21 Sept.
Thanks everyone for being here for me.

I depart you with this:
As you might remember my application was suspended right after my test.
I came here for some advice and I got a long response from @dpenabill ... I've seen this user also dish out advice to others ... the only thing I have to say is that TAKE DPENABILL's OWN ADVICE and don't take his advice as the gospel. I almost had a heart attack when he blew my issue way out of proportion. My case DID go back to me leaving out a flag poling from the list of my trips. My file ended up with a Citizenship judge to assess my residency. I was asked to fill in a form and send some docs over. It was resolved and I was soon after sent for Oath.

Another thing ... we pay for the salary of the IRCC staff and Immigration Officers with our taxes ... make sure you hold them responsible to their job commitments. If you feel discriminated against or see that they are abusing their power in any way, voice your concern. They have to be kept accountable. If anyone performs as poorly in a private company, they won't last a day. There is no reason for me and my family to pay for poor service (and indefinitely, considering they get pension too)

Good luck on your journey
Congrats! Glad things worked out well
I recall reading that response earlier, as it was the first time i hear about an application being "suspended", it scared the hell out of me.

Last edited:

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Just a 2nd last update: My ECAS Changed to complete on 23rd Sep, Sunday. I applied for passport by Express Mail today. Any idea when I can expect the passport arrival? I have a flight to the States on the 2nd week of Oct (13th Oct) for work purposes. If it doesnt come by then I can anyhow travel with my other passport which has valid USA Visa, but entry back to Canada may be difficult..any feedbac will be greatly appreciated.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 3, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on July 11, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 10, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 29, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on September 21, 2018.

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Just a 2nd last update: My ECAS Changed to complete on 23rd Sep, Sunday. I applied for passport by Express Mail today. Any idea when I can expect the passport arrival? I have a flight to the States on the 2nd week of Oct (13th Oct) for work purposes. If it doesnt come by then I can anyhow travel with my other passport which has valid USA Visa, but entry back to Canada may be difficult..any feedbac will be greatly appreciated.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 3, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on July 11, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 10, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 29, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
If you chose the express serviceExpress service the passport is issued the next day I think. When I applied for my passport I requested express but the passport office determined that I won't need the Express and gave me the next level of service, which meant I got it in 3 days.

Reactions: salimnw

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Just a 2nd last update: My ECAS Changed to complete on 23rd Sep, Sunday. I applied for passport by Express Mail today. Any idea when I can expect the passport arrival? I have a flight to the States on the 2nd week of Oct (13th Oct) for work purposes. If it doesnt come by then I can anyhow travel with my other passport which has valid USA Visa, but entry back to Canada may be difficult..any feedbac will be greatly appreciated
The link suggests that passport applications sent via mail take more time than in-person applications, mine was in-person and it took less than a week to arrive, you have about 15 business days left so it may/or may not arrive timely, ..but i think there's a fair chance you get it before your travel date.

Processing times for passport applications submitted in Canada
  • in person at a passport office: 10 business days
  • in person at a Service Canada receiving agent: 20 business days
  • by mail: 20 business days
Doesn’t include mailing time

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
If you chose the express serviceExpress service the passport is issued the next day I think. When I applied for my passport I requested express but the passport office determined that I won't need the Express and gave me the next level of service, which meant I got it in 3 days.
I think its an ordinary passport application (only mailed via express mail) there wasn't a reference to "express service"

Reactions: vasvas

SK1010

Sep 24, 2018
Hi All,

I am Oct 13th 2017 Applicant , new to the thread

Oct 13 - Application Sent
Nov -10 AOR
Test - Aug 30 - Scarborough
DecMade - Aug 31
Oath Invitation Sept 21 for Oct 10 ( In status , no email)

Does any one has any idea about Chinese Cultural Center - 5183 Sheppard Avenue East - I heard they will do OAT Ceremony at that lcoation

I have sent case specific inquiry to find my location

Anyone in similar situation, please let me know

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi All,

Nov -10 AOR
DecMade - Aug 31

Does any one has any idea about Chinese Cultural Center - 5183 Sheppard Avenue East - I heard they will do OAT Ceremony at that lcoation

I think in cases when ECAS is updated and no email is received - usually means your Oath invite is either lying in your mailbox/or on its way via snail mail. I'd recommend you check your mailbox daily this week (if you aren't doing so already)

SK1010

Sep 24, 2018
I think in cases when ECAS is updated and no email is received - usually means your Oath invite is either lying in your mailbox/or on its way via snail mail. I'd recommend you check your mailbox daily this week (if you aren't doing so already)
Thanks

has any one done his/her OATH at below location?

Chinese Cultural Center - 5183 Sheppard Avenue East

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I think its an ordinary passport application (only mailed via express mail) there wasn't a reference to "express service"
Sorry...I missed that part. I think you are right.. the OP probably just mailed using Express post, which means your reply is more relevant.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
I think you'll be fine. Mine took 9 Calendar days, not business days, and I didn't pick the express option.

AnkitaD

Oct 6, 2017
Hi All,

Nov -10 AOR
DecMade - Aug 31

Hi SK,

I am having similar situation, no email yet

I had my test at Scarborough as well

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
wow! you mailed it and got it in 3 days, or you went to Canada Post and mailed it?