+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey Razer,
I had a question: Why is there no FOSS and GCMS clearance in the GCMS Notes anymore? I have read on previous posts that there use to be. The reason I am saying is because I called the IRCC and they told me they have my security and criminality clearance and the background checks are complete. And when I asked why haven't I received test invite, the agent said the background checks are pending and the prohibitions are in process. I hung up on him and called again and the lady told me the logical next step should be test invite since they have my background checks.

I wanted to ask you if there is a remote, remote possibility of an issue with my Immigration? I think the agent who said background checks are pending made shit up. Because the prohibitions had not been started on my GCMS notes.

Let me know what you think. I highly appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.
Hey winpro, I'm honestly not an expert. TBH, I've never seen FOSS clearance on GCMS notes, unless it's called something else now. All I know is that they run security and criminality checks, out of which security (run by CSIS) generally takes the longest to complete.

I had a similar issue. I called in Jan to find out my background checks were already complete (2 agents confirmed it). However, it took roughly 2 months from then for the CPC to schedule my test. I'm guessing I was just stuck in a queue somewhere. I don't think there is anything wrong with your immigration application as long as you didn't hide anything. Just a matter of time.

Good luck

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hey winpro, I'm honestly not an expert. TBH, I've never seen FOSS clearance on GCMS notes, unless it's called something else now. All I know is that they run security and criminality checks, out of which security (run by CSIS) generally takes the longest to complete.

I had a similar issue. I called in Jan to find out my background checks were already complete (2 agents confirmed it). However, it took roughly 2 months from then for the CPC to schedule my test. I'm guessing I was just stuck in a queue somewhere. I don't think there is anything wrong with your immigration application as long as you didn't hide anything. Just a matter of time.

Good luck
No, nothing to hide. Thanks for the reply. And yeah the checks are complete. I'll just take a patience pill and wait a bit more.
Thank you again for your reply.

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
No, nothing to hide. Thanks for the reply. And yeah the checks are complete. I'll just take a patience pill and wait a bit more.
Thank you again for your reply.
Unfortunately the tracker shows that CPC is randomly slelcting files haphazardly to schedule test dates; Nov 2017 applicants have started to recieve Test Invites, (I perosnally know 2 people who received it in May 2018 and even they were surprised to see that I did not receive it as of date, applying a month almost prior to them) and are passing exams sucessfully to receive OATH CEREMONY in Scarborough/Mississaga. This is insanely not a good and fair approach for the Oct 2017 applicants of Scarborough/Mississauga. I have submitted a doctor's note in March asking for an expedite processing and still they neither acknowledged it, rather disregarded it, I would say. I also mentioned to CIC that I need to travel to and from Canada and USA a lot due to the nature of my job. Still they didn't bother expediting my file; it is still in Process Since Jan 2017.

Your valuable feedback will be appreciated.
P.S:
1. Btw, I am also a Scarborough/Toronto Applicant.
2. I have some medical conditions and expediting my file would have been a better approach to relieve me off the stress of waiting.

Thanks a lot.

Kenny232

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Unfortunately the tracker shows that CPC is randomly slelcting files haphazardly to schedule test dates; Nov 2017 applicants have started to recieve Test Invites, (I perosnally know 2 people who received it in May 2018 and even they were surprised to see that I did not receive it as of date, applying a month almost prior to them) and are passing exams sucessfully to receive OATH CEREMONY in Scarborough/Mississaga. This is insanely not a good and fair approach for the Oct 2017 applicants of Scarborough/Mississauga. I have submitted a doctor's note in March asking for an expedite processing and still they neither acknowledged it, rather disregarded it, I would say. I also mentioned to CIC that I need to travel to and from Canada and USA a lot due to the nature of my job. Still they didn't bother expediting my file; it is still in Process Since Jan 2017.

P.S:
2. I have some medical conditions and expediting my file would have been a better approach to relieve me off the stress of waiting.

Thanks a lot.
I understand your frustration, my friend and I sent both our applications in October 2017 he became citizen on May 9th, and mine is still in Process since February 15th ...

Not really sure why .. but we can only wait at this point

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012

P.S:

Thanks a lot.
Its a frustrating situation indeed, i can understand Oath taking a while in Scarboro as i know there are even July, August and September 2017 applicants still waiting for their Oath invites! However Scarboro office is usually quite fast to issue test invites, you should have gotten at least a test invite by now.

Last edited:

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Please update the sheet.
Applied - 16Oct, 2017
Resquest for test - 2Feb, 2018
Test Date - 14March, 2018
Request for Oath - 12April, 2018
Oath Ceremony - 18May, 2018
Passport applied - 24May, 2018
City/Place - Calgary, AB.

Please be patient everyone, its coming for you too.

Good Luck.!!
Well Wisher

Well end to the journey

Passport received - 7June 2018. :D

Good luck everyone.!!