+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Jun 1, 2018
I have came across few cases of July 2017 applicants. I hope it won't happen to anyone. Just wondering what is the maximum time CIC can take? E.g. for a July 2017 applicant it is already close to a year wait. For cases when CIC takes more than a year can you take legal action to have CIC give a decision? I have seen cases for PR applicants when CIC took 5 years for decision. But for citizenship application what is the maximum wait period for a decision? Thanks

Soon-hopefully-s000n

Aug 16, 2013
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Cpp Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-07-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF: 18-06-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
In Process: 21-08-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012
Interview........
Decision made: 24-10-2013
Passport Req..
Never (Sent passport on my own 15-11-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
2-12-2013 (got my passport back 4-12-2013)
LANDED..........
06-01-2014 - Montreal CIC office
Question:

I have a work travel planned in mid May. A red eye flight at night. If they send me an oath date on the same day of my travel, can I do the oath ceremony, fly out the same day and apply for a passport at the Canadian embassy where I am at? Not that I’m in hurry for the passport but because they take my PR card I cannot renter Canada without a PR card or passport. I will be gone for 17 days.

Your input is appreciated.
Hi guys just sharing some knowledge and personal experience regarding a question I asked before: my oath was scheduled for May 16th and I had work travel plans planned on the same day at night. I didn’t want to postpone the oath, after all the day I waited for for so long and couldn’t postpone work travel. I asked if I can do the other and travel at night without Canadian passport and apply for a passport at the embassy where I’m traveling. I got mixed answers and wasn’t sure if I could but I needed to travel and couldn’t postpone. I did travel eventually, since I was a dual citizen and used my passport from my home country to leave Canada. Big risk because I didn’t have my PR card anymore and no Canadian passport. Basically no means to re-enter Canada. As soon as I landed I called the embassy and told them I’m a Canadian citizen (proudly) and need to apply for a passport. They said no problem. I filled the form and sent my application. Less than two weeks (including mailing time) I received my very first Canadian passport. It works!!! Not saying people should do that but in my case I had no choice but to travel and i did. It was a risk but I knew I’m a Canadian citizen. There must be a way to re enter Canada. Now I have my passport and will be back in Canada June 25th. No issues. My journey is OFFICIALLY complete. Good luck to you’all

J24

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I got test invite today for June 27th In Mississauga however I applied from Toronto . For those who have done the test before what original documents do they want, especially if all documents were placed in application package. Also did people get their stamps in their passport translated? I have a few Spanish stamps and Turkish (Those show clearly the dates of entry and exits).

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi guys just sharing some knowledge and personal experience regarding a question I asked before: my oath was scheduled for May 16th and I had work travel plans planned on the same day at night. I didn’t want to postpone the oath, after all the day I waited for for so long and couldn’t postpone work travel. I asked if I can do the other and travel at night without Canadian passport and apply for a passport at the embassy where I’m traveling. I got mixed answers and wasn’t sure if I could but I needed to travel and couldn’t postpone. I did travel eventually, since I was a dual citizen and used my passport from my home country to leave Canada. Big risk because I didn’t have my PR card anymore and no Canadian passport. Basically no means to re-enter Canada. As soon as I landed I called the embassy and told them I’m a Canadian citizen (proudly) and need to apply for a passport. They said no problem. I filled the form and sent my application. Less than two weeks (including mailing time) I received my very first Canadian passport. It works!!! Not saying people should do that but in my case I had no choice but to travel and i did. It was a risk but I knew I’m a Canadian citizen. There must be a way to re enter Canada. Now I have my passport and will be back in Canada June 25th. No issues. My journey is OFFICIALLY complete. Good luck to you’all
Thank you for your testimony.

kimat

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
We passed the test yesterday, status updated to Decision Made today. Kindly update the spreadsheet. Thanks!

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
I finally got the test invite (date on the letter is June 4th) for June 21st.. Please update my record on the spreadsheet.
Thanks

BEY

Mar 6, 2018
kindly update :
received on the 7th of June:

We sent you a notice on May 30, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 3, 2018

Thank you

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
To apply for passport after oath Do I have to wait for Ecas status changed to complete from decision made????
I had my oath done already but ecas still says decision made??? Do i have to wait for status changed to compete to apply for passport. Pls share