+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Just a quick question to people that already have taken the Oath at Scarborough office... How are people dressed?
I'm thorn between dressing up nicely and wearing a T-shirt/blouse with Canadian flag on it...
Any suggestion?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Yes. Exactly.
This is a very unique situation, maybe its the background checks not complete yet - you may want to try and get some clarity on that from the call center agent...some maybe not provide details, but you may come across someone who's a bit generous in giving you more information on your file.

Try to involve your MP as well,

Reactions: bslk

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Just a quick question to people that already have taken the Oath at Scarborough office... How are people dressed?
I'm thorn between dressing up nicely and wearing a T-shirt/blouse with Canadian flag on it...
Any suggestion?
Smart casual.
I didn’t see anyone in a T Shirt. It is a formal ceremony.
Most of the men were in buttoned down shirts and pants...many with a jacket.

Reactions: emamabd

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Dear friends,

Today I took oath in Scarborough. Around 88 new Canadians took oath. Judge was very nice and witty. Nothing unusual, mostly like any other ceremony.
Emotional moments when I received my citizenship certificate. Long wait is over. Now I can concentrate on my life and no more restlessness.
It is my earnest desire that most people from Scarborough should get expedited oath invitation and specially guys from jul, August who are long overdue for the ceremony.

I thank all forum members for their suggestion, sharing experiences and patience during long waiting period
I am curious, did they just check take your pr card and you filled out the prohibitions form and handed in the invitation letter/media release OR did they also view your COPR???

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I am curious, did they just check take your pr card and you filled out the prohibitions form and handed in the invitation letter/media release OR did they also view your COPR???
They checked & then took our PR Cards. We had to show them copies of our invitation letter and record of landing.
And they kept the signed Media release form.

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
They checked & then took our PR Cards. We had to show them copies of our invitation letter and record of landing.
And they kept the signed Media release form.
Did the officer want to view the Record of landing [IMM 1000] or the COPR IM5---- ?

Last edited:

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Did the officer want to view the Record of landing [IMM 1000] or the COPR IM5---- ?
IMM 1000.
We were asked to take out our :
PR CARDS (taken from us as we entered the oath room)
Record of landing. (IMM 1000) reviewed and returned.
Letter of invitation for oath, reviewed and returned.
Media release form (taken from us)
Nothing else

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
IMM 1000.
We were asked to take out our :
PR CARDS (taken from us as we entered the oath room)
Record of landing. (IMM 1000) reviewed and returned.
Letter of invitation for oath, reviewed and returned.
Media release form (taken from us)
Nothing else
Thank You RP

Well I will write them a letter. Dear IRCC what’s up what taking my application so long here’s is a few pointers so we could stop calling you so much.Please let’s us know what Our DM is it’s hard waiting 6 months for a letter to show and nothing happening.Please let everyone know at time of interview after 6 months if we hear nothing then we could call as much as we like until we get the answer the answer that make much sense.Please let your call centre agent know it’s our right to call and check our information if we have no response after 6 months. S
:D

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I guess the Oath clerk is either tired from partying with Doug Ford or mad as hell that he win, let’s hope he/she throws some love our way today.

JasonToronto

Apr 9, 2018
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Interview........
05-04-2018
I guess the Oath clerk is either tired from partying with Doug Ford or mad as hell that he win, let’s hope he/she throws some love our way today.
Did anyone receive any invite this week...? this weeks silence is painful

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Did anyone receive any invite this week...? this weeks silence is painful
I believe there’s was one October applicant who reported that they receive invite.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I guess Friday is officially over...as expected, no invites were seen.
This was a very dull week, lets see what Monday brings...

Lets try to enjoy the weekend and not think about this Oath thing :(

Reactions: SpiceIsland