+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Congrats to everyone that are receiving their DM's. It feels like the Edmonton office has already gone on its summer holidays....

A.H.A

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Guys, those who receive their oath letter in mail do they have also access to check online as well? I believed that CIC will either send email or mail but based on preferences of your wish??? What do you think

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
That would be hard for them to standardize, in the Mississauga office it is just a shade in the blanks multiple choice test with 20 questions. I didn't find it too challenging, at least for the version of the test I had they weren't expecting you to have memorized really obscured dates, mostly just key facts and who some people were.
Depending on the version of test you get it may include a combination of True/False, fill in the blank and multiple choice.
I do agree that it will be hard for them to verify the MPP of the test taker since offices like Mississauga cover a large area across the GTA. Questions about the PM, Opposition Leader or the Sovereign though should be easy to standardize.

PCD2013

Jan 8, 2013
Hi Everyone, I ordered my GCMS notes and received them today. looks like everything is "Passed" except for the section called "Prohibition" and obviously Oath is "not started"
can anyone help me understand what is "Prohibition" and usually how long it takes?
Thanks

Apr 5, 2017
Is anyone from montreal having the same situation like mine?
Did my test in feb 12 and DM a few weeks after and still not receive any invitation....

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
went to passport canada for passport. first try was May 10, failed due to not in the system yet. second try today and successfully done.
After you have taken the oath, you should check ecas for the status changed to 'complete' and the very last line showing up as the indication of being input to the system before going to passport office.

Citizenship

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 12, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 2, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 27, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 25, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 13, 2018 at 8:32 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on April 23, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 8, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on May 8, 2018.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
went to passport canada for passport. first try was May 10, failed due to not in the system yet. second try today and successfully done.
After you have taken the oath, you should check ecas for the status changed to 'complete' and the very last line showing up as the indication of being input to the system before going to passport office.

Citizenship

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 12, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 2, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 27, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 25, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 13, 2018 at 8:32 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on April 23, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 8, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on May 8, 2018.
You don't have to wait for a line to appear on ECAS before applying for your passport, but you MUST wait the two days for it to be input into the system. The people administering your oath will tell you this multiple times during your ceremony. I took my oath on a Weds and waited until the next Monday to apply only because I wanted to beat downtown Friday traffic. LOL It worked no traffic to speak of and it took 7 days for my passport to arrive at my front door.

Reactions: hangincanada

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
You don't have to wait for a line to appear on ECAS before applying for your passport, but you MUST wait the two days for it to be input into the system. The people administering your oath will tell you this multiple times during your ceremony. I took my oath on a Weds and waited until the next Monday to apply only because I wanted to beat downtown Friday traffic. LOL It worked no traffic to speak of and it took 7 days for my passport to arrive at my front door.
congrats on receiving the passport. i applied express process as i planned a road trip on victoria's. it costs 50 dollars extra but pick up is next wednesday- 2 business days.

ddebasis

Feb 7, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-04- 2010
File Transfer...
04-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013, DM on 30-04-2013, Receipt 01-05-2013
LANDED..........
11-06-2013 in Toronto
I like to share my experience of Interview :
Appeared for interview in Scarborough office on May 10th ( I am exempted for test).
Officer was very nice and satisfied with my documentation attached with my application. Reviewed my exit / entry stamps for various countries and asked my financial status for supporting myself & family. I informed my employment status. Then she told that I will get oath invitation by e mail any time before November. Then I thanked her and asked her if she could expedite oath date as my PR card is expiring in Aug 2018. She told, she is noting the fact but not assuring any promise on oath date.

Today, I found my ECAS status -Decision made.
Admin - please update my status.
Thanks to all.

Reactions: HappyAlto

Sunapr

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14,2012
AOR Received.
Sep 5,2012
Med's Request
Jan 3,2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21,2013
Passport Req..
March 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 10,2013
LANDED..........
May 10,2013
Finished my test May 11, Decision made today May 12.:)

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Appeared for interview in Scarborough office on May 10th ( I am exempted for test).
Officer was very nice and satisfied with my documentation attached with my application. Reviewed my exit / entry stamps for various countries and asked my financial status for supporting myself & family. I informed my employment status. Then she told that I will get oath invitation by e mail any time before November. Then I thanked her and asked her if she could expedite oath date as my PR card is expiring in Aug 2018. She told, she is noting the fact but not assuring any promise on oath date.

Thanks to all.
Finished my test May 11, Decision made today May 12.:)
Updated.

HappyAlto

Feb 25, 2018

Thanks to all.
Thank you for sharing ! :)