+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Dear Admin on 2017 Tracker,
I would like to thank you very much for your efforts and I apprecite everyone of you guys for being helpful during all this journey.

I have REQUEST, I would like to ask you to delete my details from the sheet... line 305...
Thanks again

singh7k

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
edmonton
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
31 may 2013
Doc's Request.
31 jan relation proof/15 March pcc/17 march rprf
AOR Received.
18 july2013
IELTS Request
submitted with file
Med's Request
01 feb2014
Med's Done....
05 feb2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 april2014 17 july 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 April2014 18 july2014
LANDED..........
25 July2014
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 27, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 14, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 19, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 8, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on December 20, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you a notice on April 19, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 11, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  7. You became a Canadian citizen on May 11, 2018.
Please update sheet ..thanks

victoras88

Oct 25, 2017
Hi,
I do have Oath on June 6th, could someone tell me how long does it take? Also, on the oath day, are you being told not to apply for passport for a least 2 days? until system is updated?

Thanks,
Victor

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Hi Everyone, I ordered my GCMS notes and received them today. looks like everything is "Passed" except for the section called "Prohibition" and obviously Oath is "not started"
can anyone help me understand what is "Prohibition" and usually how long it takes?
Thanks
I think "Prohibition" is this green form they give you (I had one) to sign before the interview that you are not under criminal investigation or something like that

syamakaruna

Oct 13, 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 2, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 18, 2018 at 8:55 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
HI This is our update but we have never received any letter in postal mail about written test. only email. We did not contact anyone. We have exam next week. is it ok? Thak u

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hi,
I do have Oath on June 6th, could someone tell me how long does it take? Also, on the oath day, are you being told not to apply for passport for a least 2 days? until system is updated?

Thanks,
Victor
Each office is different for how long their ceremony is but you can bet on spending no less than 2 hours. You'll want to be about 15 minutes early from your scheduled time, which is USUALLY about an hour before the ceremony starts. Most ceremonies last about an hour or so.

Yes, you'll have to wait for 2 days for your information to be in the system so do NOT head to the passport office before Friday the 8th.

Congrats!

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 11, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 2, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 18, 2018 at 8:55 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
HI This is our update but we have never received any letter in postal mail about written test. only email. We did not contact anyone. We have exam next week. is it ok? Thak u
Updated the tracker. Congrats!!

Which visa office sent you the test invite? Scarborough or Mississauga?

You can print the pdf in email and take it to test. If you received email for test, then you would not receive a letter in mail.

Reactions: syamakaruna

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Admin on 2017 Tracker,
I would like to thank you very much for your efforts and I apprecite everyone of you guys for being helpful during all this journey.

I have REQUEST, I would like to ask you to delete my details from the sheet... line 305...
Thanks again
We admins do not have permissions to delete a record in tracker. Please send a message to spreadsheet creator @Chi2Van for deleting your entry.

ROBBIOS

May 24, 2017
I didn't receive any mails either but I did my test. The email should be fine.

dominicanx

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Jun-2014
My journey has come to the end! I'm a proud Canadian now :)

I took the oath in Scarborough (I'm a Toronto applicant) last Saturday. The ceremony was long (90 new citizens), about 1:45 min just because the judge asked EVERYONE who was receiving the certificate one or two questions (usually where are you from? or what do you do here in Canada?).

TIP: For those in Scarborough just park in Scarborough Town Centre instead of paying for parking :)

Now getting my passport super express mode because I travel in two weeks...

Best of luck to everyone!!!

victoras88

Oct 25, 2017
Each office is different for how long their ceremony is but you can bet on spending no less than 2 hours. You'll want to be about 15 minutes early from your scheduled time, which is USUALLY about an hour before the ceremony starts. Most ceremonies last about an hour or so.

Yes, you'll have to wait for 2 days for your information to be in the system so do NOT head to the passport office before Friday the 8th.

Congrats!

thank you

incan123

Dec 14, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I just received my Citizenship test through email Scarborough. Finally happy for that.
Application received Oct 20, 2017
AOR DECEMBER 15
STARTED PROCESSING JAN 11, 2018
TEST DATE RECEIVED MAY 14
TEST DATE JUNE 4

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,
I just received my Citizenship test through email Scarborough. Finally happy for that.
Application received Oct 20, 2017
AOR DECEMBER 15
STARTED PROCESSING JAN 11, 2018
TEST DATE RECEIVED MAY 14
TEST DATE JUNE 4
Congrats!! Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

Allow 20-30 minutes for updates to reflect in tracker.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
The email with the attached PDF file is your official invite. Take a printout with you to the test...all good, you don't have to contact anyone. Good luck

Last edited: