+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
If she can’t apply for a passport since she is stateless and it’s for medical reason, then yes, she can apply for urgent processing. Here is the link on how to apply via web form. Attach proof of her medical condition and her being stateless. Good luck.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

Good morning
this fourm is very helpful .
I need an advice please
can someone ask for urgent citizenship processing for medical reasons?
I know a person who's she suffering a health issues and non of the hospitals/doctors are able to figure out her problems, they kept giving her advils and tylenol!, her health became worse since doctors are unable to ideantify her sicknesses! , now she's all swelling and it sounds serious and she had to quit her job,, her temperature reached 43 !
can she asks for urgent processing so she could apply for a passport and travel somewhere else for hospitalization ?
she's been In Canada for 10 years and never traveled before, her application received Nov 8th 2017 , not even in
process yet
Montreal office !!
thanks

Jass.5k

Apr 7, 2018
Reactions: garygnu

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
hi admin

Please update my application status
City: Edmonton
App. Type; Single
Physical Presence Days; 1511
App sent: Oct 15
App received : Oct 18
AOR: Dec 6
IP: Dec 21
Test invitation: Jan 22
Test date : Feb 6
Oath Letter Date; March 5
Oath Ceremony; March 14

thanks

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi admin

Please update my application status
City: Edmonton
App. Type; Single
Physical Presence Days; 1511
App sent: Oct 15
App received : Oct 18
AOR: Dec 6
IP: Dec 21
Test invitation: Jan 22
Test date : Feb 6
Oath Letter Date; March 5
Oath Ceremony; March 14

thanks
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 spreadsheet. Link is in my signature.

Do you know your DM date?

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I'm punjabi still waiting for test . IP since 17 jan
People who are having to wait are slowly shedding their masks and becoming hysterical here. Especially for the Winnipeg Applicants. I am also in the same boat and willing to wait 1 year exact, before I give a good thought about MP or becoming hysterical.

Everyone I know from WPG got their Citizenships in around an year. I have no problem with that. Better to get busy with other fronts of life then just mullying over and over, over the same thing. It is going to make us crazy. Lol!

I promise there are days when I wake up and feel like calling CIC and ask about WTH is going on. And every time they let me know my SEC is in-process and will have to wait until that is done.

Besides that, look at the oath ceremonies scheduled in WPG for April, there are quite a few and you can go there if you like and see how many people are getting citizenships. The problem with this forum is that the sample size is too small and just predicting trends from spreadsheet is an exercise in futility and you are bound to ruin your day.

- A DESPERATE OCT APPLICANT.

Feb 10, 2018
People who are having to wait are slowly shedding their masks and becoming hysterical here. Especially for the Winnipeg Applicants. I am also in the same boat and willing to wait 1 year exact, before I give a good thought about MP or becoming hysterical.

Everyone I know from WPG got their Citizenships in around an year. I have no problem with that. Better to get busy with other fronts of life then just mullying over and over, over the same thing. It is going to make us crazy. Lol!

I promise there are days when I wake up and feel like calling CIC and ask about WTH is going on. And every time they let me know my SEC is in-process and will have to wait until that is done.

Besides that, look at the oath ceremonies scheduled in WPG for April, there are quite a few and you can go there if you like and see how many people are getting citizenships. The problem with this forum is that the sample size is too small and just predicting trends from spreadsheet is an exercise in futility and you are bound to ruin your day.

- A DESPERATE OCT APPLICANT.
Thanks for your thought and being positive. Everyone is expected to wait 1 year which is fine. But the problem is why a November applicant is having DM done in March while the October applicant is still waiting for test invite. I understand in majority of cases this hold is for security clearances particularly for men. Again we don't know the reason for disparity of wait times for different ethnic groups or gender or nationality or whatever other differences exist among us. But as a loyal tax payer this is a right to be treated EQUAL at least at a same city. Lets say you went to a walk in clinic but found patients came after you been treated by the doctor before you and of course you will not appreciate it. As for MB, the immmigration pattern is not fair here if you check statistical data for last 10 years. Finally if CIC holding application for SC ground, they might as well should recruit more staffs in that department ( $$ shouldn't be a problem since MB tax is one of the highest in the planet if you make over certain limit). This is my democratic right or freedom of speech specially when I see many disparities in processing times.

Last edited:
Reactions: STalph

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Hello can anyone help. I am still confused as how to fill out question 11 with my over lapping dates. As when I was working I studied for one year as well with my job. Should I write it down the following way. Please if anyone can help me write question 11. Thanks

June 2015-Current Working at XYZ
Dec 2014-Nov 2015 Studying in College
Sept 2014-June 2015 Working at ABC

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Thanks for your thought and being positive. Everyone is expected to wait 1 year which is fine. But the problem is why a November applicant is having DM done in March while the October applicant is still waiting for test invite. I understand in majority of cases this hold is for security clearances particularly for men. Again we don't know the reason for disparity of wait times for different ethnic groups or gender or nationality or whatever other differences exist among us. But as a loyal tax payer this is a right to be treated EQUAL at least at a same city. Lets say you went to a walk in clinic but found patients came after you been treated by the doctor before you and of course you will not appreciate it. As for MB, the immmigration pattern is not fair here if you check statistical data for last 10 years. Finally if CIC holding application for SC ground, they might as well should recruit more staffs in that department. This is my democratic right or freedom of speech specially when I see many disparities in processing times.
Well I am not going to argue here but will let you know something. Even before the October applicant flooding CIC, the processing time was seldom less than about a year. And as for equal rights, I don't feel violated at all, even though I am having to wait a little more then others. It is a huge beauraucracy and the security clearance is done for a reason. And I thank God that they have not made it transparent to people, because I am sure there will be people who will poke holes and point out to the "racism" and "discrimination" and what not, but they only do so when it is convenient for them. I have no reason to believe before year is over that there is inherent bias and all that. I am just not going to get on that bandwagon.
And do I think there are some nationalities which ought to be scrutinized?
You bet I think so. And I am not going to explain myself.

Cheers. Happy waiting.