+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

A.H.A

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
I don't understand people that delay the ceremony... It's simply the most important date in our lives (after our kids' birthdays etc.), and I just don't get what might be more important than that... IT'S THE DAY YOU BECOME THE CITIZEN OF THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. :) Why would you want to postpone it? :)

I will put it this way... I took a huge risk by booking my trip not knowing when my ceremony would be... My risk paid off because it is 2 weeks after the ceremony and I have enough time to do the urgent Passport Application BUT I was mentally prepared to lose over $1000.00 just to become a Canadian Citizen... I even told my spouse that if they schedule it for the same date, I will be happy to lose $1000.00 as long as I become Canadian which has been my dream for well over 8 years now... I would have a whole life ahead of me to earn $1000.00 again... Money is nothing in comparison to the status of the Canadian Citizen... It is such a great honour to be one...

Anyways, I guess you guys got my drift... I do not get WHY people would try to postpone their oaths...

This is just my opinion obviously so I hope I did not offend those who are trying to postpone it... I do realize that sometimes emergencies are emergencies... I meant people that delay it because of their vacations etc...

Wow honestly & frankly I am excactly in the same situation. Booked my ticket and took huge risk now, I booked for all my family and everyone had Canadian passport except me :( but the good thing is that I am under urgent so still I have hope because it until June ... hope me , u and everyone gets it

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Called cic today they said background check is not done but i am wondering like once the check is done is the officer notified ? or he has to get back to my file when he has time and then he can verify that the check is done or not ?

hellowww1

Oct 11, 2017
Toronto applicant
1. Applied on October 16.
2. AOR: Nov 9
3. IP: Mar 19

Mine took so long from AOR to IP and when the status changed to IP, I didn't receive any notice via mail nor email.
Does anyone have similar timeline with me?
Also, will it be taking another 3-4 month or so to get invited for a test?

kingtor

Dec 13, 2017
  1. We sent you a notice on April 3, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 25, 2018 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I received the notice to appear via snail mail (paper mail) today. I am located in kingston, ontario and the test is in ottawa at 235 queen street, C3 level, Suite 005.

Toronto456

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
I
Toronto applicant
1. Applied on October 16.
2. AOR: Nov 9
3. IP: Mar 19

Mine took so long from AOR to IP and when the status changed to IP, I didn't receive any notice via mail nor email.
Does anyone have similar timeline with me?
Also, will it be taking another 3-4 month or so to get invited for a test?
I also have almost same timeline. For changing to IP, no mail or email will be sent only you can see in ECAS. Not sure if it will be 3-4 months or earlier.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
  1. We sent you a notice on April 3, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 25, 2018 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I received the notice to appear via snail mail (paper mail) today. I am located in kingston, ontario and the test is in ottawa at 235 queen street, C3 level, Suite 005.
Congratulations, updated the sheet

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
Hi all,

I have received my oath date - May 4! (My timeline is in my signature.)

Admins, please update the spreadsheet. Thanks for all of your work with it.

Best wishes to all of you during this process :)

Last edited:

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
That's a bit of a hike, isn't it? I thought when people had a long journey to the processing office, they did the test and oath on the same day, in some cases.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Where is oatttttttttttt ;-) waiting thumps up all those who are waiting like me ;-)
It'll be a couple more months for invites for the Scarborough October group. I'm pretty much in the mindset that we will be in the July 1st groups.

A.H.A

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
It'll be a couple more months for invites for the Scarborough October group. I'm pretty much in the mindset that we will be in the July 1st groups.
Not sure, but I got big risk booking my family tickets ... it’s also urgent process ... so hope I get it before that