+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

walmzd

Star Member
May 27, 2012
I've received an invitation on April-5th for the ceremony on April 20th. The main reason for the delay between "Decision Made" and ceremony invitation (two months & a half) is based on my request to IRCC not send me the invitation during March, due to certain personal circumstances. Sure enough, they send me the invitation in early April.
Good luck for all of you!

Reactions: amir79

Slavo

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
is there anyone got finger print from mississauga office where the address that you have to send that document to it ?

amir79

Nov 3, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 July 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2013
Med's Done....
Nov. 2013
Hi Everyone,

I have a question for those who have been invited for oath ceremonies from Scarborough office:

In the invitation letter/email, is there an email address that you could contact in case you needed to make changes? If so, would someone kindly share that email address?

Cheers

amir79

Nov 3, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 July 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2013
Med's Done....
Nov. 2013
I've received an invitation on April-5th for the ceremony on April 20th. The main reason for the delay between "Decision Made" and ceremony invitation (two months & a half) is based on my request to IRCC not send me the invitation during March, due to certain personal circumstances. Sure enough, they send me the invitation in early April.
Good luck for all of you!
Congratulations!

May I ask how did you make that request to delay your ceremony date? Did you email them? If yes, what email address did you use?

Cheers

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
I don't understand people that delay the ceremony... It's simply the most important date in our lives (after our kids' birthdays etc.), and I just don't get what might be more important than that... IT'S THE DAY YOU BECOME THE CITIZEN OF THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. :) Why would you want to postpone it? :)

I will put it this way... I took a huge risk by booking my trip not knowing when my ceremony would be... My risk paid off because it is 2 weeks after the ceremony and I have enough time to do the urgent Passport Application BUT I was mentally prepared to lose over $1000.00 just to become a Canadian Citizen... I even told my spouse that if they schedule it for the same date, I will be happy to lose $1000.00 as long as I become Canadian which has been my dream for well over 8 years now... I would have a whole life ahead of me to earn $1000.00 again... Money is nothing in comparison to the status of the Canadian Citizen... It is such a great honour to be one...

Anyways, I guess you guys got my drift... I do not get WHY people would try to postpone their oaths...

This is just my opinion obviously so I hope I did not offend those who are trying to postpone it... I do realize that sometimes emergencies are emergencies... I meant people that delay it because of their vacations etc...

Reactions: HappyAlto

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I don't understand people that delay the ceremony... It's simply the most important date in our lives (after our kids' birthdays etc.), and I just don't get what might be more important than that... IT'S THE DAY YOU BECOME THE CITIZEN OF THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. :) Why would you want to postpone it? :)

I will put it this way... I took a huge risk by booking my trip not knowing when my ceremony would be... My risk paid off because it is 2 weeks after the ceremony and I have enough time to do the urgent Passport Application BUT I was mentally prepared to lose over $1000.00 just to become a Canadian Citizen... I even told my spouse that if they schedule it for the same date, I will be happy to lose $1000.00 as long as I become Canadian which has been my dream for well over 8 years now... I would have a whole life ahead of me to earn $1000.00 again... Money is nothing in comparison to the status of the Canadian Citizen... It is such a great honour to be one...

Anyways, I guess you guys got my drift... I do not get WHY people would try to postpone their oaths...

This is just my opinion obviously so I hope I did not offend those who are trying to postpone it... I do realize that sometimes emergencies are emergencies... I meant people that delay it because of their vacations etc...
Well, people are different and have distinct priorities and circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: HAPPYFAN and rezafc

srbhsoman

Mar 5, 2018
Hi everyone,

Just got my ATIP notes that I ordered last month (6th of March). They are massive, 40 pages. I'll go thru them with the help of ATIP acronyms file.

But I have another question: Do these notes provide latest snapshot of my application as of 6th April? Or they would show the way my application was on 6th March? Any advise would help.

Also, of the note, I passed my knowledge test on 22nd Feb with 20/20, but it still shows "Eligibility - Knowledge" as "in progress". I don't understand why.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Till 6th March (+up to 2 days).
Good Luck

Hi everyone,

Just got my ATIP notes that I ordered last month (6th of March). They are massive, 40 pages. I'll go thru them with the help of ATIP acronyms file.

But I have another question: Do these notes provide latest snapshot of my application as of 6th April? Or they would show the way my application was on 6th March? Any advise would help.

Also, of the note, I passed my knowledge test on 22nd Feb with 20/20, but it still shows "Eligibility - Knowledge" as "in progress". I don't understand why.

Reactions: srbhsoman

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi everyone,

The effective date is noted in the ATIP file

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi

Can someone update my status in file

Decision Made on 06th April 2018. "badar14"

As this was family application I just noticed that decision made only for me any my wife my son is 8 his status is still showing "In Process". is that normal ?

Thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hi

As this was family application I just noticed that decision made only for me any my wife my son is 8 his status is still showing "In Process". is that normal ?

Thanks
Yes, perfectly normal. Children move at the same pace as parents applications, but they don't get updated in ECAS. He will take the oath with you and your wife, if you wish him to. Otherwise, they will give one of you his certificate.

Congrats! :D

Reactions: badar14

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I even told my spouse that if they schedule it for the same date, I will be happy to lose $1000.00 as long as I become Canadian which has been my dream for well over 8 years now... I would have a whole life ahead of me to earn $1000.00 again... Money is nothing in comparison to the status of the Canadian Citizen... It is such a great honour to be one...
Same here, i agree that as long as the citizenship process is in progress, one should avoid unnecessary travel and etc. But on the other hand, i'm sure those who plan travel have weighed the risk...they are probably risking nothing apart from a few extra months of waiting, which may be ok for some..

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi

Thanks
Congratulations, updated the sheet