App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Still IP...
Yeah that's the problem! sorry for being blunt but I think the government put certain nationalities under higher scrutiny when it comes to security checks.
Unfortunately it is true specially for Iranians

Soon-hopefully-s000n

Aug 16, 2013
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Cpp Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-07-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF: 18-06-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
In Process: 21-08-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012
Interview........
Decision made: 24-10-2013
Passport Req..
Never (Sent passport on my own 15-11-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
2-12-2013 (got my passport back 4-12-2013)
LANDED..........
06-01-2014 - Montreal CIC office
According to CIC oath schedule there is nothing scheduled in Qc between now and May 11th except one day, April 23rd. Let’s see how many make the cut. Talk about frustration. Calm down guys we all maybe die a little bit inside every time we log into ecas and see no updates but please don’t say you “won’t be a proud Canadian” if it doesn’t move fast. Thousands of applicants are still waiting. If you hate it so much it’s not too late to withdraw your app and dismiss the citizenship. Just stop talking s&#t about this county. It was your choice to come here and apply for citizenship. Nobody forced you.

Reactions: garygnu

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Its only before PR after you arrive in Canada we are all equal but may be they are being slow and skipping files and never came back to our file....
Still IP...
Yeah that's the problem! sorry for being blunt but I think the government put certain nationalities under higher scrutiny when it comes to security checks.

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
I am not telling about different province just nearby cities. like Calgarians can easily reach at Edmonton, Leithbridge or Red Deer. all within 2-3 hours distance. But its only option they can ask in interview if you consider it ?
Windsor.

The trouble with offering different locations is that it would push out the people that are part of that office for those who would be willing to catch a flight across the country or drive for hours just to take that oath. That would kind of put it all in the hands of those who could afford that kind of thing, don't you think? I know that I would be pretty upset if they told me "sorry, all of our spaces are now taken because some folks from Toronto decided to drive the 4 hours to take the oath, you can conversely, catch a flight to Alberta if you want because they have an opening for oath next month" ....

Last edited:

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A fourth line on my ecas today.
4. We sent you correspondence on March 26, 2018. If you have not provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Most likely fingerprint request.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
A fourth line on my ecas today.
4. We sent you correspondence on March 26, 2018. If you have not provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Most likely fingerprint request.
updated on the ss, yes - most likely FP

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Still IP...
I am not from any of those countries and i have been IP since early Dec...while my friends from the same country, submitted weeks later than I did, already got test invitation..... so, no need to let your imagination get you even more frustrated

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Unfortunately it is true specially for Iranians
This sentiment is really starting to become a trigger for me. Oh, no, wait... it already has. What evidence do you have to make such an assertion that IRCC is specifically targeting Iranians for the purpose of making their lives miserable in the citizenship process?

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I am not from any of those countries and i have been IP since early Dec...while my friends from the same country, submitted weeks later than I did, already got test invitation..... so, no need to let your imagination get you even more frustrated
Tom Mulcair, Member of Parliament for the NDP, said it's been an ongoing issue for years.

"We have hundreds of cases across Canada.… There's no question that the treatment of the Iranians, who have been duly selected, who have the highest level of expertise and who we want in this country, are in a situation that is completely different from everyone else,"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/maybe-we-re-singled-out-iranians-in-quebec-say-delays-for-permanent-residency-are-excessive-unreasonable-1.4570716

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Tom Mulcair, Member of Parliament for the NDP, said it's been an ongoing issue for years.

"We have hundreds of cases across Canada.… There's no question that the treatment of the Iranians, who have been duly selected, who have the highest level of expertise and who we want in this country, are in a situation that is completely different from everyone else,"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/maybe-we-re-singled-out-iranians-in-quebec-say-delays-for-permanent-residency-are-excessive-unreasonable-1.4570716
That's referring to PR applications, not citizenship applications.

Reactions: paritosh

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

politicians say a lot of things to get attention/votes/whatever political gain, I don't really trust any one of them

Reactions: vasvas and sns204

dominicanx

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Jun-2014
Question: Once you are done with the oath ceremony and become a citizen, can you still travel with your old passport/resident card (while your new Canadian passport is being processed)? :confused:

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question: Once you are done with the oath ceremony and become a citizen, can you still travel with your old passport/resident card (while your new Canadian passport is being processed)? :confused:
Yes but you can only return to Canada with a valid Canadian passport - this applies to all Canadain Citizens. Basically, don't leave without a Canadian passport.

Reactions: paritosh

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
As a PR we enjoy same right except some jobs but believe me that it has nothing with background or security check.
I can see DM but even not left Canada for single day since landed no Oath yet so it proves we all are going through same process no exceptions..

This sentiment is really starting to become a trigger for me. Oh, no, wait... it already has. What evidence do you have to make such an assertion that IRCC is specifically targeting Iranians for the purpose of making their lives miserable in the citizenship process?

Reactions: garygnu