+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Is this the number that you called? The que is always so long that I'm never able to be transferred to a live agent... was there another number you contacted?

Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
  • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
    If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
  • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
Call very early or mid day. I was able to reach an agent at about 1 pm after a 28 min wait.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I think, some of us are neither options. Some got to oath within 4 months (not even urgent processing); while others wait long for every step. One thing is for certain when it comes to processing, location is a key factor.
Location is everything :D
I think of it as a reward for folks who choose (/have) to live in remote locations with fewer immigrants. Someone who lives 400km from the nearest IRCC center isn't definitely living in party central....it's ironical for sure..I live in an area with 3 centers but have to wait longer but living in the GTA has other advantages.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
One interesting question I saw on the practice exams (I presume can be discussed since it is on the practice exam) is
Who invented the pacemaker?

On the practice exam, the answer was Dr John Hopps.

But according to Wiki, John Hopps was not a doctor but a biomedical engineer.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
My application decision made on March 11th 2018. But what happens between decision made and oath request??? Just curious . Please advise
I think it goes to a queue pile for oath scheduling. I’m in that queue too as of now.

Slavo

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
You can request, but it’s not likely to be granted without some extraordinary reason.
I am already under urgent processing and my reason is accepted. do you the way to request that .

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 12, 2018.

bkara34

Mar 27, 2018
-- Update --

ID : bkara
Test date : Feb 13
Decision made : Feb 13
Type : Single
Oath invite : waiting

I don't know when to expect the oath invitation letter.Is there any way to request information on the application stage?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I am already under urgent processing and my reason is accepted. do you the way to request that .

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 12, 2018.
I would guess to use the IRCC webform. Google for the link. Though, if they’ve accepted your request and know your requirements/needs, won’t the be good enough?

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
One interesting question I saw on the practice exams (I presume can be discussed since it is on the practice exam) is

He could be a Ph.D. ... So a doctor but not the medical kind :)

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
-- Update --

ID : bkara
Test date : Feb 13
Decision made : Feb 13
Type : Single
Oath invite : waiting

I don't know when to expect the oath invitation letter.Is there any way to request information on the application stage?
updated the sheet, can you share your in-process date and the test invitation date?

genis

Oct 17, 2017

Hi,
Pacemaker is a biomedical equipment to assist heart function. I think that is correct answer.

Reactions: N_Shine

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Took my test today. Passed 19/20. Was told to expect to either get in to a ceremony the end of April or beginning of May. Will update when I get the actual email with confirmation.

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
which city it is? Ontario has 12 centres and Alberta has 6 still they are not able to give Oath dates efficiently. They should start offering alternate locations to expedite the process.
Took my test today. Passed 19/20. Was told to expect to either get in to a ceremony the end of April or beginning of May. Will update when I get the actual email with confirmation.