AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
which city it is? Ontario has 12 centres and Alberta has 6 still they are not able to give Oath dates efficiently. They should start offering alternate locations to expedite the process.
Windsor.

The trouble with offering different locations is that it would push out the people that are part of that office for those who would be willing to catch a flight across the country or drive for hours just to take that oath. That would kind of put it all in the hands of those who could afford that kind of thing, don't you think? I know that I would be pretty upset if they told me "sorry, all of our spaces are now taken because some folks from Toronto decided to drive the 4 hours to take the oath, you can conversely, catch a flight to Alberta if you want because they have an opening for oath next month" ....

Reactions: vasvas and paritosh

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Windsor.

The trouble with offering different locations is that it would push out the people that are part of that office for those who would be willing to catch a flight across the country or drive for hours just to take that oath. That would kind of put it all in the hands of those who could afford that kind of thing, don't you think? I know that I would be pretty upset if they told me "sorry, all of our spaces are now taken because some folks from Toronto decided to drive the 4 hours to take the oath, you can conversely, catch a flight to Alberta if you want because they have an opening for oath next month" ....
You're right. This could work but only if it was a full calendar system where everyone had to login and select a date - similar to the system used by Nexus etc. It can't just be allowed for the select few.

Reactions: paritosh

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Windsor.

I think it would spread the load. People that are willing to travel to other locations end up lightening the load in their local area offices, which in turn helps the throughput there as well.

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Agree but irs just option only. But atleast they can issue both test and oath in same letter only 1 in 100 can fail test.

Windsor.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Agree but irs just option only. But atleast they can issue both test and oath in same letter only 1 in 100 can fail test.
Have you got your oath invite yet?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I'm all for being able to schedule oath after receiving a positive DM (NEXUS style), however I would think that those able to test and do oath in the same day are rarer exceptions. Remember that they have to conduct an interview to verify things after the test and I'm sure there are plenty of applicants that get further processing based on that interview.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Windsor.

Not necessarily. There have been times where an office would wait until they could gather the min required people before they could schedule a ceremony. So if some people are willing to travel to another location it won't really be a bad thing IMO.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Not necessarily. There have been times where an office would wait until they could gather the min required people before they could schedule a ceremony. So if some people are willing to travel to another location it won't really be a bad thing IMO.
Except that if some people in that location travel now it takes longer to get the required number of people to be able to run a ceremony...

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Not yet. But frustrating all the time cant decide what to do. I will proud to be Canadian if it goes faster ortherwise when we get things later than expected no value of it to me
Decide what? Has your application exceeded 12 months?

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Not yet. But frustrating all the time cant decide what to do. I will proud to be Canadian if it goes faster ortherwise when we get things later than expected no value of it to me
I understand your frustration. It seems Calgary has become slow again. Hopefully you get it soon.

Reactions: paritosh

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
It's been 2 months since I passed my citizenship test and no updates yet!!!
Are you in process or DM? If in process it means your security check is not finalized yet.