+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Something tells me that just when I get the most proficient at navigating through this process, I'll take my oath and never use it again. :)

fara0173

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hi this is samurai1 for the Oct 2017 batch Canadian Citzenship application batch.
Test was passed on Feb 21. However, I'm still waiting for ECAS Decision Made/Oath letter/email confirmation.
Please update the spreadsheet. thank you kindly

I checked the history of people who have passed the test, especially in Vancouver (where I'm located) and typically it's a 1-2 business day waiting time for the ECAS to update to Decision Made for pplr. I'm still waiting and didn't get the ECAS Decision made nor an email.. could something have gone wrong??

Note-during the interview session after I had passed the test, the ONLY two things that came up were the following:
1) officer said that I had missed declaring two leaves from about 3-4 years back with a duration of 1 month each. I had explained that I didn't know if that was in the window of my application so left it out. Unintentional. I asked if this would be a problem to which the officer said 'shouldn't be a problem since your are buffered by over 300 days beyond what is needed for your citizenship'
2) I didn't bring the 'landing papers' for my PR card (the one after you return back from the border for landing which the CBSA provides you) because no where in the instructions did it stipulate this. I was asked for it to which I said I didn't bring it and was unsure where I kept it. Officer again 'will request from CBSA but shouldn't be a problem. if further information is needed, will inform me'

I have not received an RQ. It's been over a month since I had taken the test (Feb 21 Vancouver) and there's been nothing. What can I do to get an update because calling them would be useless and if I go back to the center, I'm sure I need an appointment and am not sure how to go about doing that. Any advice from anyone? Any one in Vancouver or elsewhere who has passed the test and have been waiting a while for the ECAS Decision Mae/oath letter/email confirmation?

Thank you kindly
Exactly what happened to me except I’m from ottawa and no update whatsoever after test on feb 16. Got a FP request on march 7 and submitted it but nothing new since.

baktash13083

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-03-2013
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Something tells me that just when I get the most proficient at navigating through this process, I'll take my oath and never use it again. :)
:):):):):):) Funny!

narr_12

Mar 3, 2018
(bolding mine, which I disagree with a little bit)

I didn't read the book. I took the practice tests and if I didn't know a question, I would refer to the book for the answer. There are 10 practice tests, which I went through about 3-4 times. Many of the facts presented in the questions were similar enough to the ones on the test that it did help with the learning of the material.
Hi ,

May i know which website you used for practise ??

genis

Oct 17, 2017
Just found out my son's online status still shows IP while my wife's went DM 10 days ago, is this normal? I sent their application together, AOR and IP on same day as well.
Thanks!
Hi,
Kid's application will not change usually. when you receive the Oath request , same will be added as a line to kid's application status . i.e in the details after the line we started processing app on so and so date.
No worries.

Reactions: gokeeper

HappyAlto

Feb 25, 2018
Have you wondered that it may be because the number of Applicants whose test have not been scheduled have also gone down?
I would agree but when you look at the number of applications received by day in October versus the ones that got test invite you will see that we are approaching the peak time. That is why it makes no sense to me that we have less test invites while we should have more or at least the same number as previously if they are not able to process more.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
This is just a comment to kill time.

Which one do you prefer (all things being equal) and why?

1. delayed AOR, fast test invite, delayed oath; 8-10 months processing
  2. quick AOR, delayed test invite, fast oath; 8-10 months processing
  3. delayed AOR, delayed test invite, fast oath; 8-10 months processing
  4. quick AOR, fast test invite, delayed oath; 8-10 months processing

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017

Option 2. I have DM but no oath yet. Honestly this is worse than waiting for test date. :(

Reactions: Joshua1

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017

ha ha nice question to kill time.

I think option 4 gives most peice of mind. lol (provided after test you have DM)

samurai1

Oct 17, 2017
I just called support and they said we will contact your officer who interviewed you to get an update. They asked me to call support within 5 weeks to do another round of follow up if things stayed as is.
baktash13083, thanks for the reply. Can you please give me the support number?

thank you

samurai1

Oct 17, 2017
baktash13083, thanks for the reply. Can you please give me the support number?

thank you
Is this the number that you called? The que is always so long that I'm never able to be transferred to a live agent... was there another number you contacted?

Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
  • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
    If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
  • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

galant

Dec 28, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Hi Team:
We took the citizenship Oath today in Mississauga office.
The process is completed and we are now Canadians. All 4 members.
Admins, please update the information against my ID: VM(Galant)
It was nice to be a member in this forum.
Thanks for all the support and information.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
ha ha nice question to kill time.

I think option 4 gives most peice of mind. lol (provided after test you have DM)
I do have DM 3 days after test. However seems like I’m the only one from that test date (in this forum) waiting for oath. Pretty much everyone else in that test batch had DM along with me but have oath scheduled. I just feel left out and that freaks me out.