+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Nothing to worry about that - seems like the standard process of delay due to backlog clearance. A large blank space in GCMS notes under security means - its done and comments have been masked.

Our test was on 13th Mar and so far waiting for DM status. Our timeline is:
CPC: Scarborough, Sent: Oct 15, 2017, Delivered: Oct 19, 2017, AOR: Nov 28, 2017, IP: Dec 04, 2017, Test: Mar 13, 2018 Status: still In Process
Actually just got DM this morning. Hope you get yours soon too!

Slavo

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I am in process since January 12 . I have called cic today the agent said your background check in progress and waiting for the officer decision schedule test or ask for more documents what does it mean inprogress with background check is that good or i have to wait for long time ? I am in mississauga office .

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am in process since January 12 . I have called cic today the agent said your background check in progress and waiting for the officer decision schedule test or ask for more documents what does it mean inprogress with background check is that good or i have to wait for long time ? I am in mississauga office .
How long it takes to do background check varies from individual to individual. No one here can give you an estimate. Background checks are performed by agencies other than IRCC. BG check consists of security clearance performed by CSIS, and criminality performed by RCMP. Criminality is usually done quickly. Security can take time.

Shez114

Oct 27, 2017
Admin, please update sheet. Notice to appear for oath ceremony sent March 20th and the ceremony will be held on April 11th. I am on line165
Thank you!

genis

Oct 17, 2017
So I have a question and perhaps those who have already done the exam and have seen this question on there can give a far more accurate answer.

So for the question "How is the Prime Minister chosen?" I would have taught the most obvious answer would have been, "The Leader of the party with the most elected Members of Parliament becomes the next Prime Minister." :rolleyes: But apparently, that is wrong according to this one website that states that "The Prime Minister is appointed by the Governor General." o_O

From the book - Discover Canada
Page 29
The Sovereign is represented in Canada by the
Governor General, who is appointed by the
Sovereign on the advice of the Prime Minister
usually for five years.

Page 31
Ordinarily, after an election, the leader of the
political party with the most seats in the House
of Commons is invited by the Governor General
to form the government. After being appointed
by the Governor General, the leader of this party
becomes the Prime Minister.

The GG appoints the PM and then the PM advises on the GG? A bit confusing if you ask me. Let me know please if anyone has seen this question on the test and gotten it right. Thank you!
There is a clear difference between the way the questions can be asked.
who appoints prime minister ? GG
How is Prime minister is chosen ? The leader of Party with more than 50 % or higher mejority.

In the actual exam there is no scope for any ambiguity hence no need to worry. CIC try to test the basic knowledge but not to trick in my experience with the exam which I passed with full score.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing to worry about that - seems like the standard process of delay due to backlog clearance. A large blank space in GCMS notes under security means - its done and comments have been masked.

CPC: Scarborough, Sent: Oct 15, 2017, Delivered: Oct 19, 2017, AOR: Nov 28, 2017, IP: Dec 04, 2017, Test: Mar 13, 2018 Status: still In Process
Added you to October sheet of global spreadsheet. Link is in my signature

Do you know when you received test invite?

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017

I had this blank page in my notes even before test. But still no DM after the test on Feb 16. What do you mean by the backlog clearance?

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
I wouldn't call your 10 years experience in Canada a painful journey, but, I will definitely call applying for PR and/or Citizenship excruciating unpleasant!

Best of luck mate,
I only meant by that. You got core its painful experience when comes to PR and Citizenship only otherwise as a resident never had good experience like here in even home country...

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
where did you get the 3 day timeframe?

I have a clean record and my FP are with CIC for a while now. They claimed that all is good and I'll receive the test info once they have a test scheduled for my local office. So it all depends on your local office. Some are faster, some are slower.
I did at the designated agency and they told me 72 hour time period.