+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi guys, I got my gcms notes today after my test on Feb 15, 2018. While I was reading through notes I noticed in outgoing correspondence section, it says citizenship application record of decision sent. It was sent same day Jan 22, 2018 they sent me test invite. I never got this record of decision. I don't know what it is. There is also one section which says triage 1 & triage 2
Triage 1:
created date:
updated date:
updated by:
Triage:
what is this triage section??
I am done with test already on Feb 15 and officer said they are awaiting my background and call me for oath in 3 months. I have never received any request after test. no RQ nothing at all
@razerblade any thoughts
If that section is blank, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. More important are the Security and Criminality sections. What do those indicate ?

Criminality status should say something like "No reportable trace found", which means it's complete.
Security section should have almost 0.5 to 0.75 page worth of blank space in it, because it is classified and redacted before notes are sent to the applicant. Blank space usually means it's complete, from what others have suggested on this forum.

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi guys, I got my gcms notes today after my test on Feb 15, 2018. While I was reading through notes I noticed in outgoing correspondence section, it says citizenship application record of decision sent. It was sent same day Jan 22, 2018 they sent me test invite. I never got this record of decision. I don't know what it is. There is also one section which says triage 1 & triage 2
Triage 1:
created date:
updated date:
updated by:
Triage:
what is this triage section??
I am done with test already on Feb 15 and officer said they are awaiting my background and call me for oath in 3 months. I have never received any request after test. no RQ nothing at all
@razerblade any thoughts
Triage is usually used to determine priority, but who knows. I don't see it in my file, but I haven't seen it since the test. I ordered it after DM.

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
If that section is blank, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. More important are the Security and Criminality sections. What do those indicate ?

Criminality status should say something like "No reportable trace found", which means it's complete.
Security section should have almost 0.5 to 0.75 page worth of blank space in it, because it is classified and redacted before notes are sent to the applicant. Blank space usually means it's complete, from what others have suggested on this forum.
security is blank.
criminality is passed:
prohibitions not started
what is citizenship application record of decision in outgoing correspondence.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
security is blank.
criminality is passed:
prohibitions not started
what is citizenship application record of decision in outgoing correspondence.
I have this in my file. I googled the letter number (it should be under correspondence section something liken cicxxxx) and found couple of forum page about it. In a nutshell, seems like it’s a letter sent to the CO and they have to sign it. It’s like a preliminary approval subject to knowledge and prohibitions and other clearances pass. At least that is what I found from my research. If different, please let me know as I also have the same thing in my ATIP. Thanks

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Did you check whether CIC recieved the FP?

I was asked for finger print on March 12 and got the letter on March 14, 2018 and did it on the same day. Yesterday I called RCMP the operator said by check was completed on Friday and they mailed it on Monday (yesterday).

How long do you think usually it takes to get test call after FP is recieved?
I did it like you did exactly. They told me until April 8th.

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
So I have a question and perhaps those who have already done the exam and have seen this question on there can give a far more accurate answer.

So for the question "How is the Prime Minister chosen?" I would have taught the most obvious answer would have been, "The Leader of the party with the most elected Members of Parliament becomes the next Prime Minister." :rolleyes: But apparently, that is wrong according to this one website that states that "The Prime Minister is appointed by the Governor General." o_O

From the book - Discover Canada
Page 29
The Sovereign is represented in Canada by the
Governor General, who is appointed by the
Sovereign on the advice of the Prime Minister
usually for five years.

Page 31
Ordinarily, after an election, the leader of the
political party with the most seats in the House
of Commons is invited by the Governor General
to form the government. After being appointed
by the Governor General, the leader of this party
becomes the Prime Minister.

The GG appoints the PM and then the PM advises on the GG? A bit confusing if you ask me. Let me know please if anyone has seen this question on the test and gotten it right. Thank you!

Last edited:

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
I have this in my file. I googled the letter number (it should be under correspondence section something liken cicxxxx) and found couple of forum page about it. In a nutshell, seems like it’s a letter sent to the CO and they have to sign it. It’s like a preliminary approval subject to knowledge and prohibitions and other clearances pass. At least that is what I found from my research. If different, please let me know as I also have the same thing in my ATIP. Thanks
Thank you

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
So I have a question and perhaps those who have already done the exam and have seen this question on there can give a far more accurate answer.

So for the question "How is the Prime Minister chosen?" I would have taught the most obvious answer would have been, "The Leader of the party with the most elected Members of Parliament becomes the next Prime Minister." :rolleyes: But apparently, that is wrong according to this one website that states that "The Prime Minister is appointed by the Governor General." o_O

From the book - Discover Canada
Page 29
The Sovereign is represented in Canada by the
Governor General, who is appointed by the
Sovereign on the advice of the Prime Minister
usually for five years.

Page 31
Ordinarily, after an election, the leader of the
political party with the most seats in the House
of Commons is invited by the Governor General
to form the government. After being appointed
by the Governor General, the leader of this party
becomes the Prime Minister.

The GG appoints the PM and then the PM advises on the GG? A bit confusing if you ask me. Let me know please if anyone has seen this question on the test and gotten it right. Thank you!
It's not a matter of being on the test or not. (We really aren't liberty to tell you if it was or not, as that's the first rule of taking the test.)

The leader of the party with the most seats in the HoC will be appointed by the GG. The term of the GG is five years whereas the term of the PM is 4 years. The GG remains GG until a new one is appointed, so there is always a GG to appoint (pro forma) the PM.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017

In my notes that I received before my test, the security section is close to a page blank but still my status is still in progress. So, I guess my security check is not complete yet. I have ordered the notes again after the test. Waiting to see what is in the notes after test

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
In my notes that I received before my test, the security section is close to a page blank but still my status is still in progress. So, I guess my security check is not complete yet. I have ordered the notes again after the test. Waiting to see what is in the notes after test
Well same with me. My background check was supposedly complete in January. Passed the test last week. Still in process for whatever reason

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well same with me. My background check was supposedly complete in January. Passed the test last week. Still in process for whatever reason
Nothing to worry about that - seems like the standard process of delay due to backlog clearance. A large blank space in GCMS notes under security means - its done and comments have been masked.

Our test was on 13th Mar and so far waiting for DM status. Our timeline is:
CPC: Scarborough, Sent: Oct 15, 2017, Delivered: Oct 19, 2017, AOR: Nov 28, 2017, IP: Dec 04, 2017, Test: Mar 13, 2018 Status: still In Process