Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hi,

My test was February 14th, and I passed it with 20/20. The interviewer asked me a few basic questions but kept looking at all my passports. Unfortunately the dates more entries on my applications than stamps on my passport. So she checked off “No” on the question travels matches the passport, and she made me read and sign the form.

So when we were done, i asked her if everything is ok, and she said everything was fine, she will forward this to the officer and they will make a decision and send a letter for oath.

Now on Friday, my status online changed from in process to “Decision Made” but I haven’t received any email or any mail. I called in today and the agent said there was nothing sent off and to wait.

So long story short, my question is whether you receive a letter by mail or email when a decision has been made? And could it be a negative decision? How long after decision is made that you get the oath letter?

Thanks in advance
No email or notification is sent for Decision Made for ANYONE! you have nothing to worry. As of now - all you can do is wait. Usually if it changes from IP to DM after the test - it is a good sign. IF they had any questions - they would have requested more documentation before it goes to decision made.

Depending on location you can check the tracker to see - average decision made to oath invite dates.

Reactions: Angy*

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to wait until you receive the letter from IRCC. In the letter, you will find the mailing address that you need to send the police certificate.
I suggest to send it by "xpresspost" with Canada Post because it has a tracking number.
All the best!
I didn't wait for a letter from CIC. I received police certificate yesterday, i went to Hamilton IRCC office and handed it over by hand and today I'm Decision made.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hello,

How is the office that processes the file determined?

HS
location of the applicant determines the office where the file is processed. In toronto/brampton/Missasgua - there are multiple offices, hence the application can go to any of the offices based on work load.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hello,

I am October 2017 applicant. Still the status shows "IN PROGRESS".
When a decision is made, does IRCC send an email or snail mail? will the status still remain "IN PROGRESS" until the Interview/test is cleared?

Thanks,
HS.
No notification is sent out for IN process or Decision made. Only ECAS is updated.

Test pass is just one of the conditions for decision made. Other eligibility conditions are also scrutinized such as criminality check and residence eligibility.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi,

So when we were done, i asked her if everything is ok, and she said everything was fine, she will forward this to the officer and they will make a decision and send a letter for oath.

Now on Friday, my status online changed from in process to “Decision Made” but I haven’t received any email or any mail. I called in today and the agent said there was nothing sent off and to wait.

So long story short, my question is whether you receive a letter by mail or email when a decision has been made? And could it be a negative decision? How long after decision is made that you get the oath letter?

Thanks in advance
Why would it be a negative decision? Your interview went fine, except that travel thing which the officer seems to have verified and hence your status changed to DM.

You won't receive a letter when the status changes to "DM". Your next step is the Oath letter. Not sure which office is processing your application - but if its scarborough it may be a long wait for Oath!

Reactions: salimnw

HSoni

Mar 13, 2018
location of the applicant determines the office where the file is processed. In toronto/brampton/Missasgua - there are multiple offices, hence the application can go to any of the offices based on work load.
Spoke to the IRCC personnel - My office is Mississauga... Wish me Luck!!!

dizzy007

Jun 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
15-10-2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 28, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 29, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 12, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 4, 2018 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
ID : Dizzy007

Thank you and and congrats to all who received it and may god give patience to those who are still waiting !
Peace and Love !

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 28, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 29, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 12, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 4, 2018 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
ID : Dizzy007

Thank you and and congrats to all who received it and may god give patience to those who are still waiting !
Peace and Love !
Updated. Congrats!!

harshad patel

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Very Tough Experience for Test...
I applied for London visa last week..(World's best stupid mistake without noticed I have Citizen Exam on 13 March 2018).
My passport was in UK embassy. I was very nervous coz i don't wanted to miss this date. Then they allowed me to sit in exam and said its up to officer to accept it or give you next date. so Whole exam i was just thinking hope they will allow me...and I got Exam paper B which was bit Hard than i was expecting.

Some question they asked in different way which i hardly understand ..
(I got 16/20) I was not sure even if i pass it or fail it. then i go for interview she checked my all papers and i explained my situation and...at the end Thanks to that officer...who said Congratulation you passed the test and you will get Oath Letter in you mail. now good to go...woowww....

Really....biggest stupid mistake i ever made...
Please update timeline

Reactions: vasvas and Angy*

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Quick question - I had received FP request that I have completed two weeks back. Is it possible to find out that RCMP sent out the result to IRCC or if IRCC received it? The FP request was initiated at St Clair office in Toronto.

Thank you !

anchoo2kewl

Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
23-11-2014

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Quick question - I had received FP request that I have completed two weeks back. Is it possible to find out that RCMP sent out the result to IRCC or if IRCC received it? The FP request was initiated at St Clair office in Toronto.

Thank you !
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/tracking-rcmp-fp-so-worried.548231/#post-6781461 (and other posts) mention that you can check in with the RCMP to find out if they have submitted the information.

You can call the IRCC and ask if they have received the fingerprints (if it's been a while since the fingerprints were sent, as it takes time for IRCC to process their incoming mail).