+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

krishgoswami

Mar 13, 2018
Hi Guys,

Quick question:

First, here is my current ECAS:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 31, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 8, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 15, 2018.
I live in Etobicoke, ON and sent my application Nova Scotia. I am single applicant on this application.

My current passport is expiring in July 2018. Not sure what should I do. Should I wait for Canadian Citizenship or Should I renew my current passport first?

Most of the October applicants got their test invite, not sure, what is causing delay in mine.. wish we can contact CIC directly.

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hi Guys,

Quick question:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 31, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 8, 2018.
I live in Etobicoke, ON and sent my application Nova Scotia. I am single applicant on this application.

My current passport is expiring in July 2018. Not sure what should I do. Should I wait for Canadian Citizenship or Should I renew my current passport first?

Most of the October applicants got their test invite, not sure, what is causing delay in mine.. wish we can contact CIC directly.

Hi,

According to the tracker, only 47% have got test invite. I'm also from Toronto and is known that Mississauga/Scarborough are some of the slowest offices.
At this point is difficult to estimate when will we get the test and then oath. Especially since IRCC hasn't been very constant on the invitations to make a guess. The only safe calculation is that the process would be within the 12 months time that IRCC says. (We can't be sure as delays keep increasing after 3/5 rule)

If you have a trip planned and your passport could take too long to arrive then the safe option would be to get a new one.

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Here is the timeline of my citizenship application and processed in Edmonton

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 28, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 13, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 25, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 16, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
My application is still in process, it’s been almost 30 days since I took the exam. There was 1 day trip that I made to the US that I completely forgot about that was not on my submitted list. I was asked a lot of questions for that particular day trip. The interviewer said that she will verify my answers. Does it take that long to verify my trips from immigration?

My work involves trips overseas. My work is now on hold because of my citizenship application. I am hoping to get my citizenship soon so I dont have to worry not being in Canada while applying for citizenship. Any advise?

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hello guys, I just want to ask for your input.
My current passport bio page date format was

Last Name: my Married name
First Name: my first name
Middle name: my former last name.

In my online status:
Last name: Married name
First name: my first name
Middle name: my middle name when I was single.

In my citizenship application i wrote the information as it is in my passport to appear in my citizenship certificate.
Do I have to call them and let them know about my online status Name? What is it gonna be in my Citizenship Certificate?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Please update @razerblade @Kan_Sri
Please update my status.

Today according to ecas I was sent on March 9 a notice to appear for test on March 21 in Ottawa.

I have 4 passport stamps which require translation from Spanish, Italian and German. Any suggestions for translation?

Thanks!

nty74

Nov 5, 2013
My husbands application is in process since Feb 14th too (Calgary)...We both have a lot of trips out of the country but maybe he has 5 additional countries. However, mine changed to DM on Feb 16th.

Which countries have you frequented? I heard that some travel to Middle Eastern countries could delay the background checks.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 28, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 25, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 16, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
My application is still in process, it’s been almost 30 days since I took the exam. There was 1 day trip that I made to the US that I completely forgot about that was not on my submitted list. I was asked a lot of questions for that particular day trip. The interviewer said that she will verify my answers. Does it take that long to verify my trips from immigration?

My work involves trips overseas. My work is now on hold because of my citizenship application. I am hoping to get my citizenship soon so I dont have to worry not being in Canada while applying for citizenship. Any advise?

Reactions: garygnu

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
My husbands application is in process since Feb 14th too (Calgary)...We both have a lot of trips out of the country but maybe he has 5 additional countries. However, mine changed to DM on Feb 16th.

Which countries have you frequented? I heard that some travel to Middle Eastern countries could delay the background checks.
Hi nty74. I have not been to a middle eastern country. I travel for work, I had been a Canadian Resident since 2010 and it was just last Oct 2017 that I completed my residency requirement for citizenship. Most of my trips were to Europe ( Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, France, Portugal, Norway, Turkey) South Africa, Asia (India, Singapore, Philippines, Taiwan) and the United States. I have 33 trips abroad both for business and for vacation in the last 5 years before my application. Most of my trips were business.

I have attached to my application a copy of the Letters of Invitation from our company’s country office that I visited.

I spend more than 6 months in the Philippines in the past 4 years before I applied for citizenship. I sent a police clearance from the NBI (PH) together with my application.

Last edited:

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
congrats, updated the sheet
Congrats for the OP :)
Personally, I am still waiting for the test invitation.

Reactions: J24 and HLR

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Very Tough Experience for Test...
I applied for London visa last week..(World's best stupid mistake without noticed I have Citizen Exam on 13 March 2018).
My passport was in UK embassy. I was very nervous coz i don't wanted to miss this date. Then they allowed me to sit in exam and said its up to officer to accept it or give you next date. so Whole exam i was just thinking hope they will allow me...and I got Exam paper B which was bit Hard than i was expecting.

Some question they asked in different way which i hardly understand ..
(I got 16/20) I was not sure even if i pass it or fail it. then i go for interview she checked my all papers and i explained my situation and...at the end Thanks to that officer...who said Congratulation you passed the test and you will get Oath Letter in you mail. now good to go...woowww....

Really....biggest stupid mistake i ever made...
Please update timeline
Congrats, glad it all went well - however you probably could have tried to ask the British Embassy if you can borrow your passport for a few days and return it after the interview.

leviathan_55

Nov 20, 2013
Vancouver
Status Changed to Decision Made as of March 13,2018. Please update.

Looking at the spreadsheet it looks like the oath invitation could take about a month or two. Again this is my observation based on how Vancouver office is handling the oath invitations prior to October 2018. As always I will keep you guys posted.

For anyone who received the oath you know if you gotten an email or physical mail for oath invitations?

Reactions: Angy*

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Status Changed to Decision Made as of March 13,2018. Please update.

Looking at the spreadsheet it looks like the oath invitation could take about a month or two. Again this is my observation based on how Vancouver office is handling the oath invitations prior to October 2018. As always I will keep you guys posted.

For anyone who received the oath you know if you gotten an email or physical mail for oath invitations?
Congrats, updated

Reactions: leviathan_55

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Guys,

Quick question:

Assume the "worst case" scenario and decide accordingly, i.e. the key question is: if you have to wait until Oct 2018 to get your citizenship - are you ok with not having a valid passport till then?

Keeping in mind, that technically, your passport already expired - since you have less than 6 months validity left, Airline carriers will refuse to transport you to any country - other than the country that issued your passport.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kan_Sri

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Quick question:

Added you to global spreadsheet. Below is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg

ta2

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2013-02-07
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
2013-02-28
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
2013-11-26
Med's Done....
2013-12-02
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-12-19
VISA ISSUED...
2014-01-03
LANDED..........
2014-01-03 at Peach Arch, BC
Semi-update (notes only). Anyone else passed their test 3 weeks ago but got no "Decision Made"?

ID: ta2-#1
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1539.5
App Sent: 2017-10-12
App Delivered: 2017-10-18
AOR: 2017-11-26
In Process: 2018-01-02
Test Invite: 2018-02-14
Test Date: 2018-03-12
Test Result: 20/20
No update in e-CAS (still "In Process")

--