+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

muk5477

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Hi everyone,
I just passed my test and interview and was told by the officer that I should receive the invite for the oath ceremony by email. I forgot to ask her when I will receive it though. My question is usually how long does it take to receive the notice for oath ceremony by email or mail and does it update in ECAS.
Where did your TEST

He5aM

Oct 18, 2016
Did you try to call them or order the ATIP notes to see why the status is not changing to decision made?
Yes, I have called them. The agent mentioned there are activities on the file and there are several criteria that need to be met. she did not mention what are the criteria. But she said some has been done and some still need to be completed.
For how long it is going to take, she did not mention anything.

Reactions: wvo2017

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Yes, I have called them. The agent mentioned there are activities on the file and there are several criteria that need to be met. she did not mention what are the criteria. But she said some has been done and some still need to be completed.
For how long it is going to take, she did not mention anything.
The most likely item that is pending is the security check, which is done by CSIS, and the time it takes varies a lot (and is not something that is under control of IRCC). There is no way to find out more details, as the organization has ceased to provide feedback about people's security screening status (see the note at the bottom of https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php).

Feb 10, 2018
Yup, Scarborough is probably the slowest office in terms of time span between DM and Oath. Currently they are inviting July 2017 applicants for Oath. See this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/scarborough-dm-oath.485211/page-67
Lately I am seeing many people got stuck in security clearance based on country of origin. I was wondering other than travel history or possibility of espionage what other things do they verify?

shariqamd

Jan 12, 2015
Found this on my cic status, what does this mean? Did anyone have same situation. Thank you guys for your help always.

4. We sent you correspondence on March 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

baktash13083

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-03-2013
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi All,

A few days ago I posted my concern about not having all the passports available for 3/5 years before meeting Citizenship officers. Today I did my test in Mississauga and I met the officer after test for a quick document verification.
So if anyone out there doesn't have all the passports available, you need to make sure that you have your employment letter and at least your airlines ticket(s), if you had travelled outside of Canada, for the period of missing passport(s) in order for officer to be able to verify your physical presence.

I wish y'all a good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: pepe84

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Found this on my cic status, what does this mean? Did anyone have same situation. Thank you guys for your help always.

4. We sent you correspondence on March 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Likely just a fingerprint request

Reactions: shariqamd