+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

dan403

Nov 28, 2017
Ontario
Hi everyone,
I just passed my test and interview and was told by the officer that I should receive the invite for the oath ceremony by email. I forgot to ask her when I will receive it though. My question is usually how long does it take to receive the notice for oath ceremony by email or mail and does it update in ECAS.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi everyone,
I just passed my test and interview and was told by the officer that I should receive the invite for the oath ceremony by email. I forgot to ask her when I will receive it though. My question is usually how long does it take to receive the notice for oath ceremony by email or mail and does it update in ECAS.
Depends on the CPC processing your file. Please refer to the sheet in my signature for averages for your location. Yes, ECAS will update. Sometimes the update can be delayed however.

Reactions: dan403

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Got an update.... not sure what this is RQ or fingerprints request

1. We sent you correspondence on March 6, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Toronto456

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
I do not think that it would be necessary to inform CIC. Your app is not even in process so there is a very slim probability that you will get IP and test invite in such a short time. However, if you try to inform them they may want to make an exception for you ;-)
Lol, thanks for your reply.

Toronto456

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
[

If your application is still at “received” then i would not worry about the test being within three weeks. You still have the “ in process” status and the test invite is usually sent before the test by at least two to three weeks so it’s going to take it’s time. My advise is not to inform CIC.
Thanks for your reply.

Toronto456

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Just would like to add:
CIC says: "While we process your application, only contact us if you:..." This does not imply that's it's a requirement for applicants to contact local offices or CIC if they're going away for more than 2 weeks.

The question and answers below tell us clearly that you are free to leave... However, the reason for contacting CIC in this context is to reduce the risk of the applicant missing an important correspondence (test/interview, FP request, request for more documents etc.), because these requests are time/date sensitive. In other words, if you're going away for more than 2 weeks, you better be able to return at moment's notice.

Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?

Yes. You can leave Canada after we receive your application.

If you need to leave Canada and want to stay eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must:

• make sure that you live in Canada long enough to keep your Permanent Resident (PR) status
  • be a permanent resident (when you apply)
  • not lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship
  • bring your PR card with you when you leave Canada so you can return easily
Thanks, since status is still "Application Received" so technically they have not started processing my application. As I will be leaving after 5 days and will be coming back by 31st March so its pretty unlikely I will miss anything while away. Thanks again for your reply.

jims_89

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
October 16, 2017 Recieved
AOR Received.
Waiting
Did this name appear on any of the online sample tests ? There's no shortage of names and those tiny pics in Discover Canada.
I got one of the question like " Who was Laura Secord and what is she remembered for( something like that)? The correct answer was bravery. Luckily i paid attention to those captions so guess it correctly. I took few online tests but this name never appeared in any of the questions.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to leave an update. I wrote my test today and passed. Should receive the Decision Made tomorrow I believe.

Application sent: October 11th and arrived October 13th
Application Received status: october 16th
In Progress: December 19
Notice for exam: Feb 16th
Exam: March 6th

Now just to wait for the oath. Hopefully it is soon.
Updated. Congrats!!

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share it with you.
I passed my test yesterday in Calgary. The interview went well. Although I had my passport translations, the interviewer did not check them and asked to keep them with him. Without checking the translations, he said I have some missing stamps in my passport and he needs to check my entry and exits with CBSA.

irieempress

Sep 23, 2017
Hi guys,

Had my test yesterday, 20/20. Interview was about 5 minutes. ECAS changed to Decision Made today.

Please update my info :) Thxxx

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
For what it's worth, I still haven't received a letter in the mail for my oath ceremony next week. I called CIC and they said I'm scheduled for the event, and I don't need the notice with me to attend, which is a relief. Just in case anyone else is also in the same boat.

Reactions: HappyAlto