+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
hi guys this text updated to my online infor
  1. We sent you a notice on January 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 16, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

my question is i did got letter test interview thru E-mail, do i have to wait until i get letter from mail too? which mention mail on online.

thanks

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
  1. We sent you a notice on January 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 16, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

my question is i did got letter test interview thru E-mail, do i have to wait until i get letter from mail too? which mention mail on online.

thanks
If email has an attachment which has a barcode in the top, then you only need to print it and you should be Okay.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011

thanks
"The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment"

It means expect one by mail.

Also, if I read your posts correctly you're from Calgary? If so chances are your test will be at Harry Hays - 1 St/4 Ave SE (northeast side of that intersection)

Here is my post detailing my day with exam at Harry Hays if it is indeed applicable to you, it might be helpful:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2017-citizenship-applicants.484664/page-101#post-6438309

Reactions: hime

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Just got a new line in my Ecase : "We sent you a notice on January 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2018 "
Could you please update the spreadsheet

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
there is attachment and i printed has 5 pages mention place of interview and test and also on bottom i have to sign , but there is no barcode at all
Feb 16 is still 3 weeks away, and it takes time for mail to arrive from Nova Scotia. I'd say if you don't get it by the beginning of the month, call the customer service line. I dunno what they'd do, maybe send you another letter? In my experience they wanted the letter at the exam, because the letter was scanned by them and provided essential info on what to bring to the exam.

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Feb 16 is still 3 weeks away, and it takes time for mail to arrive from Nova Scotia. I'd say if you don't get it by the beginning of the month, call the customer service line. I dunno what they'd do, maybe send you another letter? In my experience they wanted the letter at the exam, because the letter was scanned by them and provided essential info on what to bring to the exam.
thanks fro reply, in this attachment has 5 page they did ask me to bring any requirement document relate to my application , and 2 pieces of IDs and original passports expire or not.

AlexiCanada

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
From what I've read on the forum, sounds about right.

Sucks that they want ALL original passports, and not just the ones that cover the eligibility period. I'm debating whether to get this one stamp translated in my passport from more than a decade ago. Likely won't.
@razerblade they only want the passports the covers the duration of your stay in Canada that you claimed residency days.

other than that the are not interested in any passports before that.

Reactions: razerblade

AlexiCanada

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017

thanks
you will not get any mail, just print the email copy

nirvana555

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So even though I live downtown Toronto, my test location is Mississauga. Can someone please update my visa office to Mississauga in the spreadsheet?
Thanks

Reactions: salimnw

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Hi Guys,

Im getting panic, I have interview on Feb 22, 2018
I just realized my Driver License Card signature is different with my application signature.
It is kinda short version of my complete signature.
I signed my the full version on application forms and also landing forms and my passports.
But somehow for my driver license I signed the short version as I used to do at work.

Is this gonna be a problem?

Thanks,
I think that's not a problem. unless the name, DOB, address and picture is correct on DL.

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
They are interested to the passports that used since first day you came to canada and if you live somewhere else more then 6 months you will need police certificate
I read somewhere that if anyone travel more than 6 months (stay more than 6 months in one country) in the last 4 years only then submit PCC of the country where you live. Otherwise don't. Am i right ??

Reactions: salimnw

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
My application is still under IP. My PR card is going to expire on Feb 11, 2018. Is that any problem ? i don't want to renew my PR Card.