+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Please reply to my last message also. I have another question. Do you think we need to remember important dates like when USA attacked Canada ? When King George III did this ? When Magna carta was signed etc etc ? I am asking this because there are lots of dates to remember and lots of events that happened ? Also Do we need to remember questions like capitals of provinces like What is capital of Manitoba ?

What borders Ontario and what does not border Norther territories ???

Any insight will be good ? Thank you
My understanding is that they vary the questions each time. A friend of mine did her test at the same place that I did and she got completely different questions. We are not allowed to give more information. Read the book and do the online questions and you should be fine.

Reactions: mickey_mouse

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
My understanding is that they vary the questions each time. A friend of mine did her test at the same place that I did and she got completely different questions. We are not allowed to give more information. Read the book and do the online questions and you should be fine.
Thanks stef. I had an idea each applicant has different set of questions and every test is unique. Just there are too many dates to remember. I have gone through the book already and done sime quizes. I hope for the best.

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
One Quick check about police clearance certificate.

183 or more days spend in last 4 years immediately before the date of application.

I signed my application on 05 Sept 2017 . I was outside of canada in 2013 for more than 183 days . Do i have to provide PCC?

I got my AOR already. I am not sure on this requirement ...can anyone help me on understanding it ?

Thanks

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for this detailed response. Did he/she only check stamps on passport corresponding to dates you mentioned on residence calculator or all the stamps on your passport ?

Thank you
she checked stamps one by one and asked for translation of stamps then made sure i had all my originals like driving license health card PR
confirmation of landing and my university diploma and transcripts. if your stamps match whatever is on the presence calculator then you're good.

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please reply to my last message also. I have another question. Do you think we need to remember important dates like when USA attacked Canada ? When King George III did this ? When Magna carta was signed etc etc ? I am asking this because there are lots of dates to remember and lots of events that happened ? Also Do we need to remember questions like capitals of provinces like What is capital of Manitoba ?

What borders Ontario and what does not border Norther territories ???

Any insight will be good ? Thank you
I'm sure there are more than one form as some ppl say the test is very easy and straight forward but my form had some weird questions (I wasn't comfortable at the test as Ihad doubts with my some of my answers). I'm an engineer so when I study a book I usually underline the important stuff and concentrate on that stuff and some pages were full of lines because they were all important, not even one question came from the pages condensed with information. 50% of the questions were from not underlined information (which I considered not important!) Two questions on the test it was about things that I didn't know from which section in the book which means that I haven't even heard about them because I was under prepared (I assumed a straight forward test). I want to scare you now so that you don't regret it later. read everything including the least important notes in the sides or top of the pages.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I'm sure there are more than one form as some ppl say the test is very easy and straight forward but my form had some weird questions (I wasn't comfortable at the test as Ihad doubts with my some of my answers). I'm an engineer so when I study a book I usually underline the important stuff and concentrate on that stuff and some pages were full of lines because they were all important, not even one question came from the pages condensed with information. 50% of the questions were from not underlined information (which I considered not important!) Two questions on the test it was about things that I didn't know from which section in the book which means that I haven't even heard about them because I was under prepared (I assumed a straight forward test). I want to scare you now so that you don't regret it later. read everything including the least important notes in the sides or top of the pages.

Thanks much for this detailed resposne.. Much appreciated

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Anyone ?
One Quick check about police clearance certificate.

183 or more days spend in last 4 years immediately before the date of application.

I signed my application on 05 Sept 2017 . I was outside of canada in 2013 for more than 183 days . Do i have to provide PCC?

I got my AOR already. I am not sure on this requirement ...can anyone help me on understanding it ?

Thanks

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
If you got your AOR already I doubt you would need to get your PCC done. But if you are unsure or want to be on the safe side for your interview, you could just go get it done. I know I did mine and sent it with my application (I had the same story as yours and didn't want to take the risk). But again..that's a requirement with the application, so if you received your AOR, I don't think you would need it.

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Thanks for reply...Let me give little more info....

I signed my application on 05 Sept 2017 .

So if I count 4 years back from 2017/sept /05 to 2013/sept /05 . I came back to Canada in aug 11 ,2013 since than I never been out of Canada for more than 183 days. I became PR in 2011 but left canada in 2011- Nov and came back in Aug-2013.

What do you think now ??

If you got your AOR already I doubt you would need to get your PCC done. But if you are unsure or want to be on the safe side for your interview, you could just go get it done. I know I did mine and sent it with my application (I had the same story as yours and didn't want to take the risk). But again..that's a requirement with the application, so if you received your AOR, I don't think you would need it.

Harry)thak

May 30, 2017
Thanks for reply...Let me give little more info....

I signed my application on 05 Sept 2017 .

So if I count 4 years back from 2017/sept /05 to 2013/sept /05 . I came back to Canada in aug 11 ,2013 since than I never been out of Canada for more than 183 days. I became PR in 2011 but left canada in 2011- Nov and came back in Aug-2013.

What do you think now ??
I became PR in 2010 and never returned till 2013 .......... I renewed my PR in 2015 .............I got my oath done without PCC .!!! so I guess it is not required.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Did exam today, 19/20.

I found a few of the exam sites to be extremely helpful. I barely read Discover Canada (reading things doesn't help me much, I'm more of an experience/hands-on learner than a book learner).. just did the tests enough times to where I'd have virtually all the questions that might be asked. So of the 20 questions I'd say like 12-15 were from the practice exams I did. A few were more common sense, and one question was a complete guess that I got wrong.I think I guessed on maybe 4 of them, and of those 4 one was wrong.

Just for those who are wondering how the citizenship exam process in Calgary went for me..

- Walked into Harry Hays front entrance (by corner of 4 ave and 1st st se, my appt was for 10am, I arrived 9:55am with my notebook of everything required (passport+copies of passport identity pages+PR cards+AB DL+physical presence evidence+COPR+invitation papers)
- Went up escalator in front of entrance
- Went toward back right, then hooked left, followed signs, hooked left again at table, right at first door on the right, waited for what seemed like typical clerks, but in actuality were citizenship judges (which I found out after seeing them again later).
- Had me walk to the left to testing room
- At least 25-40 people there. Spend like 20 mins waiting anxiously, had to find an open desk that had a desk I could use left handed -- not easy when room is full. Everyone was handed an answer sheet while waiting and filled out relevant info.
- Prepped for exam, room was told about consequences of cheating, told where emergency exit is and process if emergency comes up, and where to go when done, that we'd be talking to citizenship judges
- Handed question sheet
- Finished in 2-4 mins (was second to finish behind nice lady from Belgium)
- Went back the way I came, waited in hall, back to the windows I initially talked to what I thought were clerks, but were citizenship judges
- Asked who I was, shown documentation, given results of test
- Was asked about my trips to the US (since I visited the US like 5-10 times since 2011), asked about my work and school history, my current and future plans, and asked if I had any important dates in December when they plan on doing the ceremony/oath.. I actually do have some plans so I gave them the week I'd be gone so they could postpone my ceremony/oath date to the next time if it happens to fall on that date.

Will give update when I get date for ceremony/oath.

Harry)thak

May 30, 2017
My status on the site shows as complete.............so can I now go ahead and apply for my passport........how long does it take for the passport ........what is the quickest way to get it if you are not traveling till you get it.

Raga10

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did exam today, 19/20.

I found a few of the exam sites to be extremely helpful. I barely read Discover Canada (reading things doesn't help me much, I'm more of an experience/hands-on learner than a book learner).. just did the tests enough times to where I'd have virtually all the questions that might be asked. So of the 20 questions I'd say like 12-15 were from the practice exams I did. A few were more common sense, and one question was a complete guess that I got wrong.I think I guessed on maybe 4 of them, and of those 4 one was wrong.

Just for those who are wondering how the citizenship exam process in Calgary went for me..

- Walked into Harry Hays front entrance (by corner of 4 ave and 1st st se, my appt was for 10am, I arrived 9:55am with my notebook of everything required (passport+copies of passport identity pages+PR cards+AB DL+physical presence evidence+COPR+invitation papers)
- Went up escalator in front of entrance
- Went toward back right, then hooked left, followed signs, hooked left again at table, right at first door on the right, waited for what seemed like typical clerks, but in actuality were citizenship judges (which I found out after seeing them again later).
- Had me walk to the left to testing room
- At least 25-40 people there. Spend like 20 mins waiting anxiously, had to find an open desk that had a desk I could use left handed -- not easy when room is full. Everyone was handed an answer sheet while waiting and filled out relevant info.
- Prepped for exam, room was told about consequences of cheating, told where emergency exit is and process if emergency comes up, and where to go when done, that we'd be talking to citizenship judges
- Handed question sheet
- Finished in 2-4 mins (was second to finish behind nice lady from Belgium)
- Went back the way I came, waited in hall, back to the windows I initially talked to what I thought were clerks, but were citizenship judges
- Asked who I was, shown documentation, given results of test
- Was asked about my trips to the US (since I visited the US like 5-10 times since 2011), asked about my work and school history, my current and future plans, and asked if I had any important dates in December when they plan on doing the ceremony/oath.. I actually do have some plans so I gave them the week I'd be gone so they could postpone my ceremony/oath date to the next time if it happens to fall on that date.

Will give update when I get date for ceremony/oath.
Thank you so much for sharing!
My exam is on the 30th same your location . Could you please share the websites that you found extremely helpful. I did lots of practice but I want to be prepared enough. Thanks again and good luck!!!!