Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hello all May applicants, I will apply in the first week of May. Please share your timelines and get ready.

Reactions: mickey_mouse

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonoo said:
Hello all May applicants, I will apply in the first week of May. Please share your timelines and get ready.
Hi,

I'm a May Applicant too. May 8th. I still have to translate my daughters birth certificate, take photos and pay fees. everything else has been gathered and ready.

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tameraq said:
Hi,

I'm a May Applicant too. May 8th. I still have to translate my daughters birth certificate, take photos and pay fees. everything else has been gathered and ready.
I have one thing to share. I already booked a 1 month vacation overseas on July 1st (while application will be still in process). i have seen many warnings from seniors on this forum advising ppl not to leave the Canada from the day you sign your application till you take the Oath (process can take up to 12 months according to CIC). I'm not convinced that vacation can jeopardize my intention to reside in Canada. any thoughts?

Canadiangoose

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Hi Tameraq,

Please read the post from Sidestep4u below on the vacation part:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/april-2017-citizenship-applicants-t477597.0.html;msg5920801#msg5920801

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiangoose said:
Hi Tameraq,

Please read the post from Sidestep4u below on the vacation part:
yes I saw that. thanks. looks like one applicant had a bad experience when he left Canada during process and ppl wants to generalize that as a rule to all applicants. however i will go on my vacation anyway.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
tameraq said:
I have one thing to share. I already booked a 1 month vacation overseas on July 1st (while application will be still in process). i have seen many warnings from seniors on this forum advising ppl not to leave the Canada from the day you sign your application till you take the Oath (process can take up to 12 months according to CIC). I'm not convinced that vacation can jeopardize my intention to reside in Canada. any thoughts?
Hi tameraq, I don't think going on vacation has any negative impact on citizenship process. I believe what matters is your physical presence to meet your citizenship requirement.

Mumby

Apr 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am also planning to apply in May, however I need clarification to make regarding my first child living with my ex in my first country. My child never landed as PR because she was included as non-accompanying. Please advise if I need to include his details (name of school and letter from school) in my citizenship applications form under section 6(I) with my other kids for future reference.

Thanks for your help guys.

Mumby

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mumby said:
Hello everyone,

I am also planning to apply in May, however I need clarification to make regarding my first child living with my ex in my first country. My child never landed as PR because she was included as non-accompanying. Please advise if I need to include his details (name of school and letter from school) in my citizenship applications form under section 6(I) with my other kids for future reference.

Mumby

I think it is better that you call CIC and ask about this matter. They will explain to you what you should do. L called them before as I had some questions and I think that they are very helpful.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Mumby said:
Hello everyone,

Mumby
I agree with Tameraq, CIC agents often times assist in such matters, I would also suggest you to post your questions in other Threads as well. Some people of this forum has thorough knowledge of citizenship process.

Mumby

Apr 11, 2017
nonoo said:
I agree with Tameraq, CIC agents often times assist in such matters, I would also suggest you to post your questions in other Threads as well. Some people of this forum has thorough knowledge of citizenship process.
Thank you...will do as you advised.

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vedette said:
Just curious, how you know that you are May 2017 Applicants for the citizenship?
that is when we complete required days presence in Canada. (1460 days or more). I will complete 1474 days on May 8th and that's the day I'm planning to mail my application.

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
tameraq said:
that is when we complete required days presence in Canada. (1460 days or more). I will complete 1474 days on May 8th and that's the day I'm planning to mail my application.
Thanks alot Tameraq.