+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vedette said:
Tameraq, Can you tell which documents are required to submit for the Citizenship process? Thank you
All information is on CIC website. under gather documents or download the citizenship application check list.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
No more new May applicants???

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonoo said:
No more new May applicants???
I want to send our applications in second week of May.
Regarding the processing timeline, the only thing which is bothering me is my official trip to US planned in second week of Aug (07-11).
Don't know what will I do if test/oath date fall in the same week? or can our case be completed before that? ::)
Not sure how things may turn out though apparently our application should be straightforward as we never left Canada since we arrived here in Aug 2012 and have gone through P.record checks too (as I work for fed Govt.) but still...
How about avg. processing time for Edmonton. any idea?

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
darwaish said:
I want to send our applications in second week of May.
Regarding the processing timeline, the only thing which is bothering me is my official trip to US planned in second week of Aug (07-11).
Don't know what will I do if test/oath date fall in the same week? or can our case be completed before that? ::)
Not sure how things may turn out though apparently our application should be straightforward as we never left Canada since we arrived here in Aug 2012 and have gone through P.record checks too (as I work for fed Govt.) but still...
How about avg. processing time for Edmonton. any idea?
Hi Darwaish, since you will be applying in the second week of May , I believe your test date could be close to these dates. Is there anyway that you can inform them in a separate letter along your application that you are scheduled to visit US ?

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonoo said:
Hi Darwaish, since you will be applying in the second week of May , I believe your test date could be close to these dates. Is there anyway that you can inform them in a separate letter along your application that you are scheduled to visit US ?
Thanks!
I am not sure if they consider (re)scheduling test or oath based on applicant's request.

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darwaish said:
Thanks!
I am not sure if they consider (re)scheduling test or oath based on applicant's request.
I don't think so as well. they most probably won't be able to accommodate applicants requests regarding test and oath dates. If I was in your place i would submit my application and hope that test date doesn't fall in the 4 days absence. that's me though as I'm usually a risk taker. :)

hakhan86

Apr 19, 2017
Hi,

I have been a permanent resident in Canada since January 2013, and according to the CIC Days Calculator, I have been physically present in Canada for 1,498 days as of today, not counting 51 days of absence. So I qualify (yay!). I have read through the instruction guide and the document checklist, and I am confident I have everything I should need for my application. However, I do have a couple of questions;

1- I recently got married, and my wife is in Pakistan still. We submitted her application for spousal sponsorship in January 2017, and it is in process. I have been approved as a sponsor, but we obviously don't know how much longer it will take. If it takes quite a while (God forbid!), I may go and visit her in the next few months. Could applying for citizenship at the same time affect the sponsorship process in any way? What would you suggest?

2- How much is the total fee that I should be paying? The fee table seems confusing, as it says $100 processing fee and $100 right of citizenship fee in one place, so $200 total for adults. In another line it says the processing fee is $530, so the total is $630. Which is it?

From the CIC website;

Step 3. Pay the fees
Your fees

If more than one member of your family is applying for Canadian citizenship pay the fees all together.

Use the table below to calculate the total amount of fees to be paid. The fee payment receipt must be included with this application.

Application $CAN
Adult (18 and over)
Processing fee ($530) and the right of citizenship fee ($100)
$200​
Minor (under 18)
Processing fee ($100)
$100​
Explanation of fees and refund

This section describes the fees that are required and if they are refundable. All payment must be made in Canadian funds.

Processing fee

Amount: $100 for each adult and $100 for each minor

Non-refundable once processing has begun, regardless of the final decision.

Right of Citizenship Fee

Amount: $100 for each adult applicant

Refundable if your application is refused.

The $100 Right of Citizenship Fee is in addition to the Processing Fee of $530 for a total of $630.

Please advise, thank you. :)

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Hi All

My wife is also applying in May (first week).. she got stuck with 4/6 years rule, but i submitted my application just 2 days before the rule came into effect in June 2015. I applied on June 8 2015 and I got my citizenship in Feb 2016. (life has changed after this... no doubt...) ...... as I was probably the last of the batch who were in 3/5 years rule. 2 days here and there..and i was in 4/6 years.

Anyways.. any tips and ideas on the May 2017 applicants. my wife is quite anxious and eager for that....! since i will be doing for her so plz advice if there are any news and tips and cautions...!!
would appreciate that....

Cheers
M

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malimm0a75 said:
Hi All

My wife is also applying in May (first week).. she got stuck with 4/6 years rule, but i submitted my application just 2 days before the rule came into effect in June 2015. I applied on June 8 2015 and I got my citizenship in Feb 2016. (life has changed after this... no doubt...) ...... as I was probably the last of the batch who were in 3/5 years rule. 2 days here and there..and i was in 4/6 years.

Anyways.. any tips and ideas on the May 2017 applicants. my wife is quite anxious and eager for that....! since i will be doing for her so plz advice if there are any news and tips and cautions...!!
would appreciate that....

Cheers
M
Well that's kind of very general question. since you've been thru the applying for citizenship process then you already know the process. what is different i think would be the application as there are some additional stuff like intention to stay in Canada. and number of days present in Canada above 1460. Just make sure to include the checklist with every document/photos/fees proof required. make sure you write N/A where ever it doesn't apply to your wife on application. write your wife's name on the back of the photos. do not send any document that is not required per the check list and you should be good

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
hakhan86: yes it would be $630 total to be paid online to CIC.
Make sure you select Adult Grant of citizenship under the fees menu it would then be correct.

hakhan86

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks Canvis, I figured the $200 was too good to be true. :(

Any advice on the other matter from anyone please? Spousal sponsorship application along with the citizenship application ...

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
hakhan86 said:
Thanks Canvis, I figured the $200 was too good to be true. :(

Any advice on the other matter from anyone please? Spousal sponsorship application along with the citizenship application ...
Shouldn't be an issue at all. You can go visit the spouse just ensure its not too long visit.
A few weeks should be fine(2-5 weeks) or whatever you can afford. Remember you need to ensure you have permanent ties with Canada and reside here and only visit Pak. Check online eCAS as well as have someone monitor your mail in Canada for both applications.
Do not miss or delay any test and/or oath dates. Fly back if necessary to ensure that.

zab7

Apr 24, 2017
Hi,

i am applying for citizenship in May with my 3 school going children. Can anyone please tell me about the following requirement
Photocopy of two (2) pieces of your child's personal identification, one of which must have a photo on it.
In instruction guide they asked about Health card and school record. both don't have photo on it.
And what type of school record they require? My children have attended 4 schools in two provinces of Canada. Do i have to get school record from all schools or the current school record is ok? Because they only need school record for identification.

Thanks

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zab7 said:
Hi,

i am applying for citizenship in May with my 3 school going children. Can anyone please tell me about the following requirement
Photocopy of two (2) pieces of your child's personal identification, one of which must have a photo on it.
In instruction guide they asked about Health card and school record. both don't have photo on it.
And what type of school record they require? My children have attended 4 schools in two provinces of Canada. Do i have to get school record from all schools or the current school record is ok? Because they only need school record for identification.

Thanks
see below as per CIC website.

Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification
Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
school record
health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.
For a child under school age, identification such as:
a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
Format: Clear and legible photocopy

I have the same situation. I included latest student record of her last school and health card copy. and you already have a copy of PR card and passport copy which have pictures of child on them so you should be good.

zab7

Apr 24, 2017
tameraq said:
see below as per CIC website.

Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification
Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
school record
health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.
For a child under school age, identification such as:
a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
Format: Clear and legible photocopy

I have the same situation. I included latest student record of her last school and health card copy. and you already have a copy of PR card and passport copy which have pictures of child on them so you should be good.
Hi,

Thanks for your response. Can you please tell me what have you included in school record, like letter from school/progress report or anything else?

Thank you