+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Guys,

I just got my ECAS updated with the test invite.
"We sent you a notice on January 17, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 28, 2018 at 8:00 AM"
Could you please update the spreadsheet?
username: fcabrales

Thanks!
Updated. Good luck!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you for pointing this out.
My ECAS is not updating anything after Dec 19 when my my application went in process. What is the best way to figure out if anything has been sent to me or not?
Well my ECAS hasn't shown movement since Dec 08, went in process as well. Best way is to order GCMS notes on your file, but it takes a month to receive them. Alternatively, you could try calling the call center number and ask the agents if they see anything on your file.

How to order GCMS notes
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(requests made under the Privacy Act are free)

canadatech

Jan 16, 2018
"To proceed with your application, you must have your fingerprints taken within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter"

thats what is said on mine. my advice is for you to do it ASAP I got mine done in 10 min
Thank you for the advice.
Can I have the fingerprints done before as I haven't got the letter yet?

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Well my ECAS hasn't shown movement since Dec 08, went in process as well. Best way is to order GCMS notes on your file, but it takes a month to receive them. Alternatively, you could try calling the call center number and ask the agents if they see anything on your file.

How to order GCMS notes
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(requests made under the Privacy Act are free)
Thank you for the note. I am from Calgary and I know people within similar time frame have received test invite 2 weeks ago. But I think I will wait for few more weeks.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
It is recommended on this forum to not to do that. Besides it's better to have the request letter from IRCC first, which you can present to the FP agency. They can forward the results directly to RCMP.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you for the note. I am from Calgary and I know people within similar time frame have received test invite 2 weeks ago. But I think I will wait for few more weeks.
You can order the notes now, if you'd like. They have no affect on your application, but take a month to process. After a bit of deciphering, you'll know exactly what's going on with your file. I ordered mine last week.

canadatech

Jan 16, 2018
It is recommended on this forum to not to do that. Besides it's better to have the request letter from IRCC first, which you can present to the FP agency. They can forward the results directly to RCMP.
Thank you so much ! I will have to wait for the letter then :)

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You can order the notes now, if you'd like. They have no affect on your application, but take a month to process. After a bit of deciphering, you'll know exactly what's going on with your file. I ordered mine last week.
Thanks again. I will order mine today.

yaz2017

Nov 11, 2017
Agreed, Plus I am pretty sure you need the letter inorder for them to process it. Sorry i thought you already received it, but once you do get it done :)

syamakaruna

Oct 13, 2017
Hi I am user syamakaruna
Application sent Oct 14, 2017
Application received Oct 18, 2017
AOR on Dec 11, 2017
IP on Jan 17, 2018
Eligibility days 1400. Family. Toronto.
Praying all goes well after this.
Please update.
By the way We did not receive the book to read. How much time does it take to study?
I know there is a PDF version. But I am little old school. All the best everyone.

Reactions: salimnw

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi I am user syamakaruna
Application sent Oct 14, 2017
Application received Oct 18, 2017
AOR on Dec 11, 2017
IP on Jan 17, 2018
Eligibility days 1400. Family. Toronto.
Praying all goes well after this.
Please update.
By the way We did not receive the book to read. How much time does it take to study?
I know there is a PDF version. But I am little old school. All the best everyone.
Updated. If you received AOR by email, the pdf attachment has a link to the book, as well, the link shows on ECAS.

Here it is:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/discover-canada.html

You can download a pdf, or audio version, or can order a physical copy free of charge. It depends on how quick you read. Took me around 4-5 hours to read it once, and understand most of it. Recommendation is to read it twice atleast and do some sample questions available for free online.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
My wife just did it. You will need to bring the letter to the FP agency (I think they need to app number and batch number as well). So, you definitely have to wait.

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
My apologies, I wanted to write Iran or any other Arab countries in the middle east. I differentiate different ethnicities, persians, arabsm, turks, kurds :) Thanks for your reply.
since when this fourm became an ethnic
discussion . who cares , you guys all look the same and eat the same shish kabab and I love it ,
. check your DNA you will be surprised to find out that a thousand years ago your first grandfather was Indian or a sumerian . we all mixed up man

Reactions: salimnw