+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you. I have messaged them this morning. I hope they don’t schedule my test because I will be out of country for few weeks and have sent them the web form today with the details.
I would suggest to keep an eye on your ECAS despite your travel. Last thing you want is to miss the test. It can be a hassle to get them to re-schedule after missing it.

They should respond to you within a week hopefully.

krizzy80

Jan 13, 2018
can somebody please tell me the how many weeks in between each process. my husband and i just got our AOR jan. 12. We will be away from March 7-25th, does anybody know/think that if we will be taking our test those days were away? i'm so confuse right now if we need to reschedule our trip. We have booked our trip Nov because i was thinking that processing will take 12 months. please help! thanks!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
can somebody please tell me the how many weeks in between each process. my husband and i just got our AOR jan. 12. We will be away from March 7-25th, does anybody know/think that if we will be taking our test those days were away? i'm so confuse right now if we need to reschedule our trip. We have booked our trip Nov because i was thinking that processing will take 12 months. please help! thanks!
Hi, it is highly location dependent, and very difficult to predict. Goes on a case by case basis. I would suggest that you look at the spreadsheet for historical averages and plan accordingly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=1316748968

krizzy80

Jan 13, 2018
Haven't received test date yet. I'm located in the GTA region, could take another 2 months because offices here are overloaded. Speed of test invitations depends on local CPCs. FP request wouldn't delay your application much, if at all.
Hi! My husband and I got our AOR, Jan 12. We are going away for a vacation on March 7-25th. You think will be taking our test those days we're away? Just a little scared to go away. I booked our holiday because i was looking at the processing time of 12 months. Thank you! I'm in Aurora, ON.

sent app. - Oct. 17, 2017
app rcd - Oct. 18, 2017
AOR - Jan, 12, 2018

that's our timeline, judging from when they received it until AOR, it's 3 months. i hope it's not until we come back from our holiday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Afarp

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi! My husband and I got our AOR, Jan 12. We are going away for a vacation on March 7-25th. You think will be taking our test those days we're away? Just a little scared to go away. I booked our holiday because i was looking at the processing time of 12 months. Thank you! I'm in Aurora, ON.
Hi, it's very difficult to predict that. My best guess would be your test would be scheduled after March, however I'm not an expert and could very well be wrong. AOR to IP roughly takes 3-4 weeks for the GTA region, and IP to Test can be 1-3 months from what I've seen. It also varies from case to case.

Given you'll be away for more than 2 weeks, you could also inform IRCC of your trip via the webform. In this case, IRCC will try to schedule you after your vacation. However, I would like to caution you, that this method may or may not result in unexpected delays to your application, given how overloaded GTA CPCs are.

In any case, you should keep an eye on your ECAS, as well have someone keep an eye on your physical mailbox, should they send out any correspondence (FP, RQ... hopefully not).

Reactions: krizzy80

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I got test invite email on Jan 11 but still it is not showing on ecas, is this normal, when does ecas updated? tia

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I got test invite email on Jan 11 but still it is not showing on ecas, is this normal, when does ecas updated? tia
Sometimes it can take upto a week for ecas to reflect the update. Plus it probably doesn't on a weekend. Not a big deal for ecas to update, as long as you have the invite. That's all you need.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
I would suggest to keep an eye on your ECAS despite your travel. Last thing you want is to miss the test. It can be a hassle to get them to re-schedule after missing it.

They should respond to you within a week hopefully.
Recent applicants from Saskatoon have advised that ecas is still in process (3 lines) despite getting test invite via email. I will keep an eye on email and ecas. Thank you as always.

Rockgod

Sep 22, 2014
Hello admin,

I've received my AOR today (04-Jan-2018). Please update the sheet.

P.S: Felt good updating my signature :)
Admins,

Please update the spreadsheet to "In Process" with the date of 12th Jan.

I still did not receive the AoR for my kid who's a minor. I've already raised a query on the web form but haven't gotten any response yet. Do I have any other option than to call them?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admins,

Please update the spreadsheet to "In Process" with the date of 12th Jan.

I still did not receive the AoR for my kid who's a minor. I've already raised a query on the web form but haven't gotten any response yet. Do I have any other option than to call them?
Updated. Congrats!!

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Folks, my file has been IP since December 3 (Toronto office). I will be travelling on vacation in February for 11 days. It's not unlikely that I might get the test invite in that period given the averages, so do you suggest I inform CIC on webform, or is that pointless?

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Folks, my file has been IP since December 3 (Toronto office). I will be travelling on vacation in February for 11 days. It's not unlikely that I might get the test invite in that period given the averages, so do you suggest I inform CIC on webform, or is that pointless?
Better to inform them. I informed them by web form today. Let’s see how long it takes for their reply.

Reactions: robw

soccerrr

Apr 4, 2017
Hi guys,

I am an Oct 16 applicant who has not received AOR yet! Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to follow other's posts in here since start of December. I was wondering if any discussions have happened recently here or in other forums among applicants without AOR. Please help!

Thank you guys in advance.

Francislopez

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi guys,

I am an Oct 16 applicant who has not received AOR yet! Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to follow other's posts in here since start of December. I was wondering if any discussions have happened recently here or in other forums among applicants without AOR. Please help!

Thank you guys in advance.
Friend I’m also October 16 ..... call them tomorrow at first time I have already test invite and fingerprint letter , don’t get desperate call them also they will tell you to fill out a form to send via email it a claim form .... good luck you will get it

Reactions: soccerrr