+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Hi,

I have an interview/test in 3 weeks but i don't have the original COPR i lost it, i have a copy

Should it be a problem ?
I have the original one and a copy. I cannot read the original because the ink is completely disappeard. I hope yours is a coloured copy.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Got a fingerprint request on Jan 8. Getting them done tomorrow morning.

ECAS updated first stating they sent me correspondence (Jan 4th) then I received the letter in the mail a few days later (Jan 8)

Reactions: Francislopez

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Got a fingerprint request on Jan 8. Getting them done tomorrow morning.

ECAS updated first stating they sent me correspondence (Jan 4th) then I received the letter in the mail a few days later (Jan 8)
Information updated in excel sheet

csang

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
im a bit concerned.

IP since Nov 25th. applicants after me already got test invites. i havent got anything yet.

should i be alarmed?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Just received notification to appear for test on Feb 2nd today. Still waiting for mail or email.
Could someone help update the spreadsheet.
Thanks

DirectEnergy

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
im a bit concerned.

IP since Nov 25th. applicants after me already got test invites. i havent got anything yet.

should i be alarmed?
I'm sorry, guys, but it's just insane (not just csang, everybody with similar attitude). Someone who sent his application three days later than me got a test invitation, and I didn't! Should I be concerned, alarmed, panicky, wring my hands and hit my head against the wall? This is not kindergarden. How come you are still alive if you are always ready to freak out for no reason whatsoever??? A friendly piece of advice: citizenship processing time is 12 months. Forget about your application and when/if you don't hear from immigration by October 2018, then maybe you will have a reason to be concerned. But even then there will be no reason to get "alarmed". Life goes on, with or without the Canadian passport.
If you think I'm not in your shoes, my status went IP on Nov 22, and I don't give a shit if I get a test invitation next month, in March, or in August. It will come sooner or later.

lydiabehan

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
I got my test invitation by email today for Jan 31(eCas hasn't been updated). I actually wrote to CIC last month informing them that I'm going on a long trip (5+ months) starting on Jan 29 to see if they could schedule my test before that date. They wrote back to tell me that I had already been scheduled for Jan 31 but to ignore the invitation email as it's computer-generated. In the mean time, they'll contact my local office and attempt to re-schedule it for me. I still haven't heard from them yet though but fingers crossed :)

Also, one weird detail is that it seems that my application is being processed by the Scarborough office even though I live in downtown Toronto....guessing this is due to the huge number of applications?

csang

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
I'm sorry, guys, but it's just insane (not just csang, everybody with similar attitude). Someone who sent his application three days later than me got a test invitation, and I didn't! Should I be concerned, alarmed, panicky, wring my hands and hit my head against the wall? This is not kindergarden. How come you are still alive if you are always ready to freak out for no reason whatsoever??? A friendly piece of advice: citizenship processing time is 12 months. Forget about your application and when/if you don't hear from immigration by October 2018, then maybe you will have a reason to be concerned. But even then there will be no reason to get "alarmed". Life goes on, with or without the Canadian passport.
If you think I'm not in your shoes, my status went IP on Nov 22, and I don't give a shit if I get a test invitation next month, in March, or in August. It will come sooner or later.
Oh dear. relax. i was certainly not freaking out. but by the sound of your reply you are more freaked out than i am. people are different situations. i wanted to know a settle date so i can plan work and travels. thats all. doesnt matter if its mar, august or next year.

plz. relax. no need to insult.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
I got my test invitation by email today for Jan 31(eCas hasn't been updated). I actually wrote to CIC last month informing them that I'm going on a long trip (5+ months) starting on Jan 29 to see if they could schedule my test before that date. They wrote back to tell me that I had already been scheduled for Jan 31 but to ignore the invitation email as it's computer-generated. In the mean time, they'll contact my local office and attempt to re-schedule it for me. I still haven't heard from them yet though but fingers crossed :)

Also, one weird detail is that it seems that my application is being processed by the Scarborough office even though I live in downtown Toronto....guessing this is due to the huge number of applications?
Congratulations, updated.
When did your application go to "In Process"?

lydiabehan

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
Congratulations, updated.
When did your application go to "In Process"?
Thanks! It changed to "in process" on December 5th

phlove

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Winnipeg MB CA
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
18/Oct/2017
hie Guys ,

my file Received by cic on 20th oct. still waiting for AOR .. i dont knw what to do or wht to not do. one of my friend call CIC and they siad 1st u hv to re submit and next time said u dnt hv to re submit . u hv to wait . i cant under stand now... pls Advise ..