+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Try to call 8am most of Agent’s are nice and the really take the time to help you I went to the same problem and it was solved nicely
hie Guys ,
I am in the same stiuation I tried a call center , Web form , now I sent a letter to CPC , Sydney nova scotia , explained my concern and submitted my post track copy and cetizinship receipt copy , one of the person in this form he solved it this way.
Try to send them a letter with explantion.
App receivef Oct 16
No Aor

my file Received by cic on 20th oct. still waiting for AOR .. i dont knw what to do or wht to not do. one of my friend call CIC and they siad 1st u hv to re submit and next time said u dnt hv to re submit . u hv to wait . i cant under stand now... pls Advise ..

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Call center and web for , they don't help much , I been trying a lot , don't west your time with them
I sen a letter to CPC or contact your MP

AlexiCanada

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
People are getting what IRCC is calling Quality Assurance Exercise, which is similar to a full blown RQ. I feel that it seems like a lot of people are getting, but that could be because a lot more people applied in October/November months. There has been no connection established between QAE-RQ and travelling outside Canada. People who didn't travel also got QAE. Seems to be random in nature to some extent.

Test invite can be sent via email or snail mail. More likely email, as seems to be the recent trend. ECAS updates around the same time you get the email, sometimes before. In case of snail mail, ECAS would most likely update first.

It's not fixed. Could even send an FP request after the test.

Can you share your complete timeline ?

ID
Physical Presence Days
App. Sent
App. Delivered
AOR
I like snail mail LOOOL

Reactions: razerblade

AlexiCanada

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
I got my test invitation by email today for Jan 31(eCas hasn't been updated). I actually wrote to CIC last month informing them that I'm going on a long trip (5+ months) starting on Jan 29 to see if they could schedule my test before that date. They wrote back to tell me that I had already been scheduled for Jan 31 but to ignore the invitation email as it's computer-generated. In the mean time, they'll contact my local office and attempt to re-schedule it for me. I still haven't heard from them yet though but fingers crossed :)

Also, one weird detail is that it seems that my application is being processed by the Scarborough office even though I live in downtown Toronto....guessing this is due to the huge number of applications?
they will schedule your test after you come back from your vacation. this is what they usually do.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Friends,
I Got my test invite via email, ECAS not updated yet..but email has an attached file that says my test will be on 30-Jan, please update my status

Good luck to all, wish you smooth processing!

samurai1

Oct 17, 2017
@rajmalhotra7 I just checked and didn't see samurai1 get updated to in process as of Jan 9 2018. October 2017 applicants tab. Could I please trouble you to check again?

thank you kindly.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rajmalhotra7 I just checked and didn't see samurai1 get updated to in process as of Jan 9 2018. October 2017 applicants tab. Could I please trouble you to check again?

thank you kindly.
True.There are few records which I updated and due to overload on spreadsheet, they are getting saved. I have taken note of those updates and if they are not saved in a while then i'd reopen spreadsheet and update again.