October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Does country of Nationality works in the speed of application being processed?

May be an application from India or Iran takes longer than an application of Germany or British national?

Any thoughts?
No, that's not the case. Anti-discrimination rules don't allow that.

I assume, however, that there is a "secondary privilege" effect: Generally countries like Germany have a bureaucracy that is more compatible with that of Canada. For example, in Germany you don't have the issue of having an actual birthday but also an "official birthday" which is on a different day (something that seems to be the case in other countries). And obtaining a police certificate is very easy compared to other countries (One letter and two weeks). So it is often easier to handle applications from such countries. The same holds true for many other documents.

So that's what I mean with "secondary privilege": Your application will not be processed faster or slower based on your origin, but depending on your origin you might have it easier to obtain necessary documentation which then makes your application easier to handle.

Reactions: CANADIANZ

wbinm86

Nov 1, 2017
@spyfy can you comment on the discrepancy between the guide and document checklist on the number of ID's required.? I submitted only one piece of picture ID besides my passport according to the document checklist.

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
@spyfy can you comment on the discrepancy between the guide and document checklist on the number of ID's required.? I submitted only one piece of picture ID besides my passport according to the document checklist.
I guess we will have to wait until the first AORs or returned applications start to arrive. Me, I only supplied Passport and Drivers Licence. I'm beginning to feel that was wrong. My two week delivery anniversary is tomorrow so I'm hoping it won't be too long before I know the answer. I will report back to the forum either way :)

arax30th

Nov 26, 2012
ID only counts if it was not requested in the APP. Apssport and PR card is requested in the APP hence you cannot re-present it as ID. hope that helps
PR card is not requested, at least not for adults. It is not in the document checklist and it is not in the instruction guide.

Reactions: soccerrr

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
With all due respect, but your own link disproves your claim:

CBSA (Canada) and CBP (US) collect data at the land border of non-US/CA citizens to be able to track exits.

It is however incorrect that Canada collects exit data of air and sea travel. In fact the very link you share says that the government doesn't do this yet but intends to do it.

Also, I ordered my CBSA record not too long ago and it does not contain my departures by plane. Only my departures when crossing the land border to the US.

The United States collect data on flights leaving US aiports. But Canada does not collect data on flights leaving Canada.

Furthermore, the person I was referring to is a US citizen. And, again by the very link you share, for Canadian an American citizens, not even exit data is exchanged between the two countries. So whenever a US citizen crosses the border to the United States, Canada has no way of knowing that he in fact left Canada, because the US does not forward the data to Canada.

Again, please read the link you shared. It says exactly that:
  • Currently, air departures from Canada are not tracked but they want to implement it
  • Currently, entries by land are not forwarded to the other country if a Canadian or US citizen is affected. But they want to implement that in the future.
Also, of course you should not lie in your application. But no one was talking about lying in their application. In fact, the person I was referring to shared the comprehensive explanation that he will attach to his application.
In my case, tbe CBSA report that I got, did not have my departures by land to the US, only arrivals. I am not american, neither am I canadian, obviously.

I wonder why? Were they (USA) supposed to share my entries with Canada and did not?

Just curious. It doesn't really matter cuz I have stamps worse comes to worst, but I am still curious.

soccerrr

Apr 4, 2017
I don't see any discrepancy between the guide and checklist. Both they ask for 1 more piece of ID if the passport copies are provided. I just sent my PR copy.

I would appreciate it if others comment regrading this concern.

jeff.torbain

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Hi all,
Just trying to make sense of the pattern of AORs issued so far:
Could someone kindly look at the courier service used in the list of AORs issued. Is there a pattern there?

My guess is officers are in charge of the "load" coming from various courier services. The delivery dates seem to play NO ROLE in when the package is opened and handled, which is no very logical.

Thanks,
JT

Reactions: Angy*

arax30th

Nov 26, 2012
Hi all,
Could someone kindly look at the courier service used in the list of AORs issued. Is there a pattern there?

My guess is officers are in charge of the "load" coming from various courier services. The delivery dates seem to play NO ROLE in when the package is opened and handled, which is no very logical.

Thanks,
JT
It is hard to find any patterns but one explanation could be this: there are multiple officers there and packages are distributed among them. So packages delivered on October 12th could have been given to multiple officers. Officer A and B might have less C-24 files remaining and thus, reach their C-6 files sooner, while officers C and D and E have more C-24 files remaining and reach C-6 files later. So delivery date plays a role, as the well as number of existing C-24 files with the officer handling your file, as well as their speed, vacation days, etc. so finding a specific pattern seems unlikely :)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi all,

Thanks,
JT
There is no pattern. It is just coincidence. Imagine how many envelopes they received in the first days. Then then had to pile up these envelopes and started at the top of the pile.

Don't try to find a logic here. Even if there were a secret logic behind it, we don't have to means to find it. IRCC receives thousands of applications each day, the small sample we have in this forum is biased to infinity and beyond. There are definitely note enough that allows you to cluster them.

aamir90

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Hey Everyone,
So i guess i am in the same boat as some of you. I also did not declare same day trips to USA on the physical presence calculator. looking back on the saved calculated results it does indicate to declare same day trips. Please advise on the following -
1. My application was delivered on 10/19. No AOR as yet
2. Is it possible to mail a revised copy of Physical Presence results along with a cover letter explaining the updates?

Thanks!
Aamir
Good evening,
Can anyone please provide some advises on above concern? thanks!

MetalHead

Oct 31, 2017
Hi guys!!
I was wondering if there is anyone here had his application received on October 17 through regular mail and had his AOR already ?

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Hi guys!!
I was wondering if there is anyone here had his application received on October 17 through regular mail and had his AOR already ?
Check docs I can see now atleast 7 whoes file reached on 17 Oct got AOR and many from Sept still waiting.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
So, trying to recall 150 absences over a five year period doesn't strike you as unnecessarily burdensome? I should produce and sign a list that I know is incomplete and inaccurate? Aren't they going to send for the report whether I list all of the entries or not? Then couldn't they simply verify that, as I stated, I crossed alot? Why don't you think that a letter explaining my circumstances would be adequate? Such as the following:

I have filled out the absences form to the best of my ability. Although I have endeavored to do this perfectly, our record does not include the many one day trips that we took. This reason for this is that we live in close proximity to the border and have consequently made regular trips into the United States. The number of trips could easily number 150-200 and any effort to document our trips back to October, 2012 would be extremely burdensome and no matter what the effort, inaccurate. Here is a list of reasons for which we crossed regularly:

My wife cleaned houses near the Vermont border and often crossed to buy gas, shop for groceries and pick up mail at our post office box.

We have often used the airports in Burlington, Vermont, Manchester, New Hampshire, and Boston, Massachusetts for personal and business travel, or to pick up family and visitors.

I have crossed on numerous occasions to buy gas, shop for groceries, or to pick up mail.

We have some friends across the border and have visited them at times. We have also done day trips for shopping, holidays, picnicking, etc. in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.

For more than two years of our eligibility period we had two sons living in Newport, Vermont whom we visited and/or assisted with various things at different times.

We have a granddaughter living in Newport, Vermont whom we visit for activities, special occasions, and at times to bring back to Canada with us.

I have recently begun working at Walmart in Newport, Vermont and cross the border for this purpose at least twice per week.

We freely admit that we have crossed the border regularly and that we have are not trying to hide any trips. nothing to hide, have nothing to hide, and have tried to provide information (imperfect) for the past several months, but are unable to provide an accurate record of our crossings since October, 2012. As a general statement, until I began working at Walmart, I probably crossed the U.S.-Canada border twice a month while my wife crossed 3-4 times per month.

Is this hiding something or refusing to provide information?
This explanation seems pretty realistic and is the most doable thing in such a situation. You will be absolutely fine in my opinion

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
It makes perfect sense. Often the day you leave Canada is not recorded. Either because you left via air or because that day the US border officer didn't feel like scanning your document. So IRCC might see only this in your CBSA record:

- Entered Canada on 2016-10-06
- Entered Canada on 2017-09-23

Without any entries in between. So how could IRCC tell if you were out of Canada just for the day on 2017-09-23 or if you actually were out of Canada from 2017-04-20 until 2017-09-23? That is exactly why you need to declare that day trip to the states on 2017-09-23. Because that way they can make sense of entry dates.

IRCC doesn't invent forms and rules to harass you. They ask for that info for a specific reason. As much as I understand that the long processing times are frustrating, it is kind of annoying that people here who are neither lawyers nor IRCC employees seem to know better what IRCC should ask for and what they shouldn't ask for.
and some people think they are citizenship judge here just by providing some information

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
With all due respect, but your own link disproves your claim:

CBSA (Canada) and CBP (US) collect data at the land border of non-US/CA citizens to be able to track exits.

It is however incorrect that Canada collects exit data of air and sea travel. In fact the very link you share says that the government doesn't do this yet but intends to do it.

Also, I ordered my CBSA record not too long ago and it does not contain my departures by plane. Only my departures when crossing the land border to the US.

The United States collect data on flights leaving US aiports. But Canada does not collect data on flights leaving Canada.

Furthermore, the person I was referring to is a US citizen. And, again by the very link you share, for Canadian an American citizens, not even exit data is exchanged between the two countries. So whenever a US citizen crosses the border to the United States, Canada has no way of knowing that he in fact left Canada, because the US does not forward the data to Canada.

Again, please read the link you shared. It says exactly that:
  • Currently, air departures from Canada are not tracked but they want to implement it
  • Currently, entries by land are not forwarded to the other country if a Canadian or US citizen is affected. But they want to implement that in the future.
Also, of course you should not lie in your application. But no one was talking about lying in their application. In fact, the person I was referring to shared the comprehensive explanation that he will attach to his application.
I just had a quick question. How do they monitor when you’re out of the country as a Canadian if data is not being recorded?

You are contacted if there is an attack or disaster if Canada has you marked in an affected country, so how do they collect this data?

Just wondering... :)