Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Same here, they didn’t ask for anything and to be honest I don’t think they are even working on my case. Every time I call they tell me the same BS and they say everything is fine and no issue, then I ask why is it in process for 14 months, then they say your case is unusual, then I ask why? What is unusual? What is the issue? They say everything looks ok, it's just unusual. One thing that I can recommend you is calling them frequently and asking for updates, some of those agents are like some creatures that need to be hit on the head with a stick every minute to wake up to do their work. What can I say my friend!
I agree with you. After exhausting all options (Calling them every other week, MP and emailing directly to Minister of Immigration), I ended up applying to my PR extension which expired a month ago. I have requested for the Urgent processing as my mom is sick back home. I have attached the proof of my ticket and mom's Hospital report. So let's see if they even have a Humanity left in them (What a fair country we live in........?)

So my question is if you have two cases open at the same time (PR Extension & Citizenship) do they both appeared on ECAS?

Thanks, everyone.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi Guys,

I have a question. If yous Citizenship case is In Process and if new child is born in the family, do we have to update CIC? I am unsure to find any information on this. My daughter already have her Birth Certificate and Passport made up.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a question. If yous Citizenship case is In Process and if new child is born in the family, do we have to update CIC? I am unsure to find any information on this. My daughter already have her Birth Certificate and Passport made up.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Congratz for the new arrival :)

hanyj123

Nov 21, 2016
I agree with you. After exhausting all options (Calling them every other week, MP and emailing directly to Minister of Immigration), I ended up applying to my PR extension which expired a month ago. I have requested for the Urgent processing as my mom is sick back home. I have attached the proof of my ticket and mom's Hospital report. So let's see if they even have a Humanity left in them (What a fair country we live in........?)

So my question is if you have two cases open at the same time (PR Extension & Citizenship) do they both appeared on ECAS?

Thanks, everyone.
Yes, there will be two sections on ECAS. I renewed PR in July, and received in Nov. Some people received their PR cards within a month with urgent processing althoguh regular application takes more than 3 months..

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
By now everyone knows IRCC's order is disorder. Maybe they work in order and here is their order - they process applications that were sent last first, that's their order which is as good and fair as their process! Several of my friends with almost identical case as mine applied seven months after I did and they are citizens now and I'm sitting and waiting for my test invite to come after 14 months of waiting. The best part is that when they are lazy to work on your application or when they forget it and it goes over the stated processing time, they just justify their laziness and inefficiency by calling your case unusual. I really wish I could sleep on my job and mess up client data, forget about them, or slack and then when they complain I just say your case is unusual and for no reason, it's just unusual! Absolutely ludicrous!
Yes, they do not work as they receive. The statement in my email from the Minister, this is not true at all. The funny part is that they say the same to me. Your case is regular. I say great so why over 14 Months. they don't know. So I call them every week now because honestly, I do not care what they think that I call. They did not do their job. If an MP ( my MP do not care at all )did not write to them they even wouldn't do my Background check yet. My security was done in March and Criminal just after the MP stepped in. They never asked for anything. I say if they would tell hey we did not do anything on your application, but we finalize it to Feb 10, 2019, I can live with it but tell a time as it is over the 12 Months what they tell.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I received oath letter today for Jan 22. Please update the sheet. I had received one previously, but had asked to postpone the oath because of my vacation.

Reactions: kushari

Lavidaedura

Dec 8, 2017
Hello everyone,
I applied in Edmonton
Application Received: Oct 19, 2017
Test: Feb 16, 2018 ( passed)
I am sad because my application is still in process and I haven't received any email from CIC since I've done my test 10 month ago. It is been 14 months already since I applied. Things are getting crazy. In the Caips notes
( Residency and prohibitions) are not started, ready to start . Almost nothing updated in my file since I've done my test.
Is that normal ? Is anyone have the same situation ? 14 months and still in process ? What should I do?
Thanks all

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Hello everyone,
I applied in Edmonton
I am sad because my application is still in process and I haven't received any email from CIC since I've done my test 10 month ago. It is been 14 months already since I applied. Things are getting crazy. In the Caips notes
( Residency and prohibitions) are not started, ready to start . Almost nothing updated in my file since I've done my test.
Is that normal ? Is anyone have the same situation ? 14 months and still in process ? What should I do?
Thanks all
We are in the same boat. I passed the test February 12 and still in process. And like you residency and prohibition still in process. Actually base an my GCMS not not started yet .

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are in the same boat. I passed the test February 12 and still in process. And like you residency and prohibition still in process. Actually base an my GCMS not not started yet .
Same here in Edmonton. Residency and Prohibition not started. Applied on October 13, 2017.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Another great job by IRCC! What is GCMS? How do you check it? Thanks.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Hello everyone,
I applied in Edmonton
Thanks all
I would contact them to see what's going on. Unfortunately this is happening to some people on the forum. I think things are coming to a slow down because of the holiday season. I've found that when you contact them, it usually helps get things moving. I could be wrong and it was just a fluke that coincided with them moving along in the process, but it shouldn't hurt.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
I made a Private Act request for GCMS notes for my citizenship application on October 4th.
I have heard nothing from them since.
How do I query the status of this request?

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I made a Private Act request for GCMS notes for my citizenship application on October 4th.
I have heard nothing from them since.
How do I query the status of this request?
I requested GCMS Note 63 days ago and I didn't get response yet. I send the email and they reply to that me we received your request unfortunately we are bussy right now and we can't follow the 30 days time limit .