Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011

sapuser72

Jan 29, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
Finally my journey to Canadian Citizenship has come to an end. I had my oath on Thursday (15 Nov) at Mississauga and the ecas updated to Complete on Friday (17 Nov).
I thank all the forum members who have been so helpful and especially the admins (@razerblade @rajmalhotra7 and others who I cannot recall right now) who have done a fabulous job and are still doing it.
Thank all once again and good luck to those waiting :)

Reactions: Margiela

Margiela

Apr 3, 2014
And my journey has come to the end! I took the citizenship test and gave an oath on November 16th at the Vancouver office.
This forum was a great source of information and support throughout this process and I am sincerely thankful to all participants of this forum.

And, of course, good luck to those who are still waiting - you are almost there! Cheers!

Reactions: sapuser72

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
You are not alone. I'm going to hit 12 months in a week. I know couple of friends who passed 13 months.
Are u in Vancouver office ?

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017

This has gotten very ridiculous

Another fantastic job by IRCC, and if you call them to ask for the reason, they will probably say they’re doing the background check before AOR! Sorry to see another mishandled case! I hope you hear soon for the test.

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Another fantastic job by IRCC, and if you call them to ask for the reason, they will probably say they’re doing the background check before AOR! Sorry to see another mishandled case! I hope you hear soon for the test.

They hit a new low honestly this so called IRCC. It took 7 month for me to get the AOR and as always everything looked great from their perspective. After one year I went for test and after almost two months is still in process and no clarity they don’t even tell you if they do background checks or not what’s going on. I can’t wait to become citizen and never hear from them!!!!

crozy

Oct 6, 2017
Is anyone still updating the tracker?

Im on the October 2017 sheet and received my test invite on November 6th for November 27th. My office was changed to Scarborough.

Dear admins, if you see this please update the tracker.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
They hit a new low honestly this so called IRCC. It took 7 month for me to get the AOR and as always everything looked great from their perspective. After one year I went for test and after almost two months is still in process and no clarity they don’t even tell you if they do background checks or not what’s going on. I can’t wait to become citizen and never hear from them!!!!

That's insane! I have never seen any organization work like this with no accountability or transparency even in countries with corrupt government. IRCC’s service is absolutely unacceptable and I hope people voice this. I bet you if you call and ask they will give you a BS reason like they are doing background check and everything is fine and when they say that it usually means they are not touching the file. It’s very hard to believe that in a country like this there is an organization that’s this dishonest and impractical - in most countries that's called corruption. Hope you hear soon my friend.

Last edited: