+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

verysoonacanadian

Mar 29, 2018
Depends. For me it was about a month, but that was because I needed to translate some stamps for them. I think if the interview goes well, and they are not looking for anything additional, 1 or 2 days.
Hey Kushari, tbh she asked for the exact same thing from me too, so I am guessing I am in the same boat as you, did you get your oath or not yet?

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Hey Kushari, tbh she asked for the exact same thing from me too, so I am guessing I am in the same boat as you, did you get your oath or not yet?
I became Canadian in August. The stamps thing delayed my process by one month. Not a big deal. It took me a week or two to get them translated. Then a few weeks for them to go through them.

ksaurus

Dec 30, 2014
Hi admin,

Please update my details as below:
Application sent:10/17/2017
Test invitation: 09/16/2018
Oath ceremony: 11/15/2018
ECAS status change to complete : 11/16/2018
Passport application: 11/16/2018

rooftop

Sep 7, 2018
Toronto
Hello everyone still on this forum, appreciate advising me on my options: my application was delivered 13 months ago and no word from CIC since the IP on Nov 23rd of last year (Mississauga office)! My PR renewal was completed in less than 3 weeks, I have never been in any incident/crime inside or outside of Canada, and before immigrating to Canada I was never refused any travel visa request to any country (including Canada). So what really baffles me is that if this delay is related to background or security checks taking longer than expected then what would CIC be looking for that was not carefully checked before when I applied for either tourist visa, for immigration or for PR renewal!
I got the usual “everything is in order and will send a note to the agent” when I last called them; and my MP does not offer the service of checking. I was under the impression that the application fee was increased to reduce and make the processing time more efficient but apparently I was wrong. Even the 80% myth seems incorrect as only 63% of those on this forum/tracking-sheet got their oath invite. Hence my question is: apart from waiting indefinitely what more/else can I effectively do?

mshafiee

Dec 31, 2017
Hello everyone still on this forum, appreciate advising me on my options: my application was delivered 13 months ago and no word from CIC since the IP on Nov 23rd of last year (Mississauga office)! My PR renewal was completed in less than 3 weeks, I have never been in any incident/crime inside or outside of Canada, and before immigrating to Canada I was never refused any travel visa request to any country (including Canada). So what really baffles me is that if this delay is related to background or security checks taking longer than expected then what would CIC be looking for that was not carefully checked before when I applied for either tourist visa, for immigration or for PR renewal!
I got the usual “everything is in order and will send a note to the agent” when I last called them; and my MP does not offer the service of checking. I was under the impression that the application fee was increased to reduce and make the processing time more efficient but apparently I was wrong. Even the 80% myth seems incorrect as only 63% of those on this forum/tracking-sheet got their oath invite. Hence my question is: apart from waiting indefinitely what more/else can I effectively do?
You are absolutely right and I can't agree more with you. This lengthy process has affected my work and life.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017

Hi, I’m sorry to hear that this is happening to you too. My situation is exactly the same. After the one year processing time was over I called IRCC every week and about a week ago I learned that they just started doing the background check, so basically they didn’t touch my application for more than one year. What I have learned is that there are discriminations against certain countries, which will impact maybe not all, but many and this whole background check is nothing but a BS to use as an excuse when they want to delay applications or when they miss the one year timeline. Unfortunately, not much can be done as there is no transparency, otherwise I had sued them long time ago and I’m still looking into it (I work with lawyers). Best you can do at this point is to take it to media and escalate it with the immigration authorities, which is what I’m doing. Good luck.

Last edited:

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
They deleted my comment. It seems these admins are very sensitive when someone leaks their agents acting in this forum. I am sure they will delete this comment as well.

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
There are many fake members here who try hardly rationalizing everything done by CIC. Why don't CIC let people freely criticize them? and use its agents all the time around here? and deletes any comment which express this fact?

Reactions: cn2017

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi, I’m sorry to hear that this is happening to you too. My situation is exactly the same. After the one year processing time was over I called IRCC every week and about a week ago I learned that they just started doing the background check, so basically they didn’t touch my application for more than one year. What I have learned is that there are discriminations against certain countries, which will impact maybe not all, but many and this whole background check is nothing but a BS to use as an excuse when they want to delay applications or when they miss the one year timeline. Unfortunately, not much can be done as there is no transparency, otherwise I had sued them long time ago and I’m still looking into it (I work with lawyers). Best you can do at this point is to take it to media and escalate it with the immigration authorities, which is what I’m doing. Good luck.
Hi, So I totally agree with you guys. I am also over 13 months timeline. It has been over 6 months since I had my test. last week I ended up contacting my MP. My MP rang them right away and they told them the same BS message "we are doing extended checks so it could take longer than expected". Well, I have been living here last 6+ years and everything is accordingly and up to the mark. Further on the same day when I contacted the MP I also contacted the "Minister of Immigration". I sent an email on his CIC email address and I got the reply back from his office saying please contact your Local MP. Even at that level, they have no idea what they are doing and sending the ball back to the loop. I guess we can't do anything. I agree its affecting our personal life's. MY pr is also expired a few days ago and I don't want to extend it so let them take all the time on earth they want. I hope I get it before I retire which is in a few years time lol.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi, anyone from the Vancouver office waiting for over 13 months? Just curious if it's only me in that office waiting this long :(