+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Would I then change the date of submission on the application to the current one or keep the old date? If I change to a new date can I still use the old receipt as long as the payment is less than 90 days old?
The date of the receipt is irrelevant. I meant the dates of the signatures that can't be older than 90 days before they receive the application again.

If you change the date of the application then you need to re-do all the forms as your application period would change.

allam89

May 22, 2011
There's a chance I might have to change the date of the application. I understand that I would need to re-do the forms but can I use the same receipt?

GoodMorningCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Good Morning Canada! Cant believe it, got my AOR just now, I thought my applications were going to be sent back as I thought the pictures were not the correct size.

PS: My application was delivered on the 16th and received by MIKE

Hope im already on the tracker, just incase my details are as follows

Application sent: Oct 12th (Family (3))
Application received: Oct 16th MIKE
Sent from Calgary
AOR: Nov 8 2017

All the best everyone!!

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Mike moved on now what about MKRSWDA

Good Morning Canada! Cant believe it, got my AOR just now, I thought my applications were going to be sent back as I thought the pictures were not the correct size.

Sent from Calgary

All the best everyone!!

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Sent from Calgary

All the best everyone!!
Added to line 465. Congrats.

Reactions: GoodMorningCanada

newbie132

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Congrats! Did you mail it to the PO Box ? Mine was received by T Allen as well, but I sent it to the PO Box, not courier address. Thanks
Thank you!
No I did not send to the PO box. I used the courier address (49 Dorchester)
Strange that it was received by the same person.

craving_soul

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012

Sent from Calgary

All the best everyone!!
congrats!

craving_soul

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012

Sent from Calgary

All the best everyone!!
just a stupid question, AOR is coming in email? or mailbox?

Reactions: GoodMorningCanada

maniayyappan

Mar 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
AOR Received.
02-October-2014
Med's Request
02-April-2015
Med's Done....
14-April-2015 for self and 12-July-2015 for wife due to pregnancy
Passport Req..
14-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-July-2015
LANDED..........
12-August-2015, PR Cards Received on 01 Oct 2015
Use the webform to inform them of the mistake:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
I have just received my entry/exit records which I had requested prior to applying for citizenship. I noticed that I have missed one of my daytrip to US in the physical presence calculator. And I have also made two entries that have incorrect canada-entry dates as I had crossed the border after midnight. Can i use this form to make correction or should I wait till AOR and then email them details for corrections ? Please advise.

Got sick of waiting

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hello All
I am just new here in this form

I became PR June 2012, and I was about to apply for my citizenship; unfortunately, the law was changed, and the Bill C-24 came and destroyed my life. So I have lost one year of waiting since I arrived in Canada 2010 and I was waiting two years to get my PR. and then I have an extra year to full fill the 4/6 rules. So I lost one year of waiting, and I have to stay one more year before I apply for my Citizenship. Hence, the Liberals won the elections, and they promised to bring back the old 3/5 rules for Citizenship. I got optimistic, and I start waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting, and in the end, I became qualified to apply for my citizenship late September 2017 under the Bill C-24 \ 4/6 rules.

After 12 days, October 11, 2017, the Bill C-6 became law and everything has changed again.

Here, my application was delivered on September 29 after 4:00 pm NS time.

Till now I did not hear anything back from the CIC, and I did not get my AOR, nevertheless, people who applied after October 11, 2017 got their AOR( Congrats) do not get me wrong I wish all the best and the best luck to all, I brought that just to show my case.

I called the CIC, and the agent there said we are working on the application of beging of September, and he said I am not saying the truth, and fabricating that they started with the application were delivered October 11, 2017, and so, he said, he does not know, from where I came up with this information.

That is very hurtful, and I really got sick of waiting, I have great offers to work outside Canada with International organization with very very high salary, and unfortunately, I am refusing these offers because I am waiting for my citizenship. Here, in Canada, I am working almost entry-level job with a nonprofit organization where I have been working before in the UN HQ.

I feel so bad, and I am getting sick of waiting and sick of the immigration chaos and the unorganized work they do.

I can not wait the day I will never deal with the immigration I got sick of them and their work

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I have just received my entry/exit records which I had requested prior to applying for citizenship. I noticed that I have missed one of my daytrip to US in the physical presence calculator. And I have also made two entries that have incorrect canada-entry dates as I had crossed the border after midnight. Can i use this form to make correction or should I wait till AOR and then email them details for corrections ? Please advise.
Wait for AOR. you'll need the file number so IRCC can trace your file.

maniayyappan

Mar 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
AOR Received.
02-October-2014
Med's Request
02-April-2015
Med's Done....
14-April-2015 for self and 12-July-2015 for wife due to pregnancy