+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

rdcanada

Oct 18, 2017
Good news, received citizenship test notice today by email for the 13th of November at Scarborough. Kindly update sheet, its been a long wait.

hashimj

Oct 25, 2018
Never posted but this forum has been a lot of help.
I applied from Mississauga last year.

Here are the dates for my application:
Sent: Oct 12, 2017
Received: Oct 16, 2017
AOR: Nov 16, 2017
In Process: Dec 8, 2017
Got an email for test yesterday (@ Nov 20th)

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Never posted but this forum has been a lot of help.
I applied from Mississauga last year.

Here are the dates for my application:
Sent: Oct 12, 2017
Received: Oct 16, 2017
AOR: Nov 16, 2017
In Process: Dec 8, 2017
Got an email for test yesterday (@ Nov 20th)
nice to hear. give rest of us some hope... do you also have lots of address

newbie132

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Timeline:
App sent: Oct 11th, 2017
App received: Oct 13th. 2017
AOR: Nov 7, 2017
In process: Nov 23, 2017
Test Invite: Oct 24, 2018
Test Date: Nov 14, 2018 in Scarborough

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Even I have around 15 addresses in the eligibility period, so even I am wondering how much delay and extra problems that can cause me?! :(
could be longggggg background check, like me... the thing is, for some of my address, i don't think i even leave behind any record back then... how can they verify then? hopefully not reject my application....

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
could be longggggg background check, like me... the thing is, for some of my address, i don't think i even leave behind any record back then... how can they verify then? hopefully not reject my application....
same here..i was just living at various places...some places i stayed for 2 weeks only, at some for couple of months..unfortunately moved around a lotttt...if i had known this would impact background check etc, i would've been more cautious about moving so much :(

Last edited:

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Even I have around 15 addresses in the eligibility period, so even I am wondering how much delay and extra problems that can cause me?! :(
should've include part of the address instead of being too honest...
same here..i was just living at various friends places...some places i stayed for 2 weeks only, at some for couple of months..unfortunately moved around a lotttt...if i had known this would impact background check etc, i would've been more cautious about moving so much :(
i was having co-op so have to move between school/work... but anyway, finger crossed

Reactions: canadian.dream1
Oct 2, 2018
Hi guys,

I have been a silent member in the forum. Please don't guess the reason wildly and stress yourself out, I don't think there is a rule to follow. In my case, it has been two months since DM, it will be one year tomorrow. And I am still waiting. You see, they really are taking their times even they have made a decision. Maybe we just have to be very patient.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I have been a silent member in the forum. Please don't guess the reason wildly and stress yourself out, I don't think there is a rule to follow. In my case, it has been two months since DM, it will be one year tomorrow. And I am still waiting. You see, they really are taking their times even they have made a decision. Maybe we just have to be very patient.
I had DM for 8 months.

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi all;

My ECAS changed to "decision made" probably yesterday (I didn't check it since this Tuesday), however, I see no additional line added to the details. Anyone in the same situation? If so, how long did it take for you to get you ceremony invitation since the date of "decision made"?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

aQuarius16

Jan 12, 2018
Hooray! On October 23, exactly 1 year after our applications were received, we finally got our invitations to take the oath.
In Hamilton, on November 13 we will be able to call ourselves Canadian. Can't wait to finally share the same status as our Canadian kids! ❤

Last edited: